PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Weather

AngelScooby
03-28-2011, 03:15 PM
hey everyone!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
well,i'm fond of assassin's creed series...i spend hours playing and replaying missions...
soo...as a fanatic player i would like to suggest something to Ubi! would u ever imagine an assassination mission at night with...raining weather?!! i think it will be very very fascinating...so i suggest to ubi something like DYNAMIC WEATHER,weather that changes in random times during the day and night...raining or snowing...
Just imagine that to the whole experience assassins http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

monkeyuncle8
03-28-2011, 03:57 PM
its a good idea, but I dont think ubisoft could do it. there system is great as it is and has a lot of poly's and high res textures. but I dont think they could do that. they would have to be able to process every single bit of rain that is hitting each surface, now of course this doesn't apply for light rain becuase there are so few particles, I just dont think there will ever be a downpour

AngelScooby
03-28-2011, 04:01 PM
i think you are right...im a ps3 owner and the fresh-rate isnt already so good...
but i think it is well mentioned as a suggestion and ubi will give a try http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
03-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Actually, they can do it. In one of the romulus missions they have it set in the middle of a thunderstorm with a huge downpour, so yes it is possible.

monkeyuncle8
03-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by geomart:
Actually, they can do it. In one of the romulus missions they have it set in the middle of a thunderstorm with a huge downpour, so yes it is possible. which one? I havent played much. I am going to have to see it

do you know if they are acting like particles or just objects?

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
03-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by monkeyuncle8:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by geomart:
Actually, they can do it. In one of the romulus missions they have it set in the middle of a thunderstorm with a huge downpour, so yes it is possible. which one? I havent played much. I am going to have to see it

do you know if they are acting like particles or just objects? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Its the one in the Vatican. And it seems to be acting like particles because it makes ezio's clothing wet and the rooftops look wet and slippery. Its pretty cool! I suggest you go check it out

monkeyuncle8
03-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by geomart:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by monkeyuncle8:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by geomart:

do you know if they are acting like particles or just objects? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Its the one in the Vatican. And it seems to be acting like particles because it makes ezio's clothing wet and the rooftops look wet and slippery. Its pretty cool! I suggest you go check it out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just saw it
and no it was not particles that was just different objects all together, so they couldn't just easily implement this like time of day, it does look amazing though

the main way I can tell it is not a particle system is that the rain clips trough some objects, if it were particles then it would be die on hit

GunnarGunderson
03-28-2011, 05:09 PM
does anyone think they could pull off cloth physics or blood pooling?

SteelCity999
03-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Actually it would be pretty easy for them to do. The weather effects simply lessen the draw distance the console or pc needs to acount for since the rain or fog limits your disance visibility. I believe that tomb has a very short draw distance when they are outside. It would essentially eliminate all of the pop-in that is seen already.

monkeyuncle8
03-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
does anyone think they could pull off cloth physics or blood pooling? they have cloth physics, not on people though, becuase that would require too much processing, and pooling blood, how in the world would they accomplish that

GunnarGunderson
03-28-2011, 10:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:
does anyone think they could pull off cloth physics or blood pooling? they have cloth physics, not on people though, becuase that would require too much processing, and pooling blood, how in the world would they accomplish that </div></BLOCKQUOTE> how other games do blood pooling?

BioPulse.ps3
03-29-2011, 12:02 AM
well it depends on when ac3 will come out, cause if they have enough time they could update the engine like they did between 1 and 2.

wiccanlovely
03-29-2011, 03:31 AM
I'd love for there to be some more areas beyond that Romulus level with rain because well, as stated, assassinations in the rain would be beyond epic. Just thinking about how the atmosphere would feel gives me goosebumps.

AngelScooby
03-29-2011, 04:15 AM
im so happy that u like my suggestion http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
how could we promote this thread to ubi?

Evan52395
03-29-2011, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by wiccanlovely:
I'd love for there to be some more areas beyond that Romulus level with rain because well, as stated, assassinations in the rain would be beyond epic. Just thinking about how the atmosphere would feel gives me goosebumps.
Same here. That'd actually be really intense.

Great idea. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

crash3
03-29-2011, 03:03 PM
dynamic weather would be such a great oppurtunity for always having to change equipment and outfits to suit the weather so we don get bored of the same outfit all through the game.

it would be great to see snow falling over freezing paris during french revolution and the assassin is standing on a roof wearing furs or something but id want it to be something similar to the crowd not some long white robes

also rain makes you slip on rooftops so the assassin is forced to run slower-makes for more of a challenge

also weather like fog should hinder your orientation so you are forced to climb to viewpoints and see over the fog across the city which would look quite dim then the fog could clear away once a city is liberated or something

more than happy to take comments!

rileypoole1234
03-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Yet another reason for AC3 to be in London. The dreariness, how it rains all the time, I just love it here. Every time I walk by Parliament I imagine if I was an Assassin climbing that building.

spikebrennan
03-31-2011, 10:14 AM
Some other situations where particular kinds of weather may make a setting interesting:

- London: fog may roll around the city, causing vision to be intermittently interrupted. It could make it easier to stalk a victim (if eagle vision still works through fog) while remaining concealed; or it could make it more difficult for the assassin to find his target.

- Aboard a ship during a squall. The deck of the ship rocks back and forth, rain pours from the sky, lightning crashes, St. Elmo's fire illuminates the top of the masts, and our assassin stalks his victim by climbing in the ship's rigging.

- A Caribbean destination in the West Indes, during a hurricane. Strong winds, heavy rain, and flood. The water level in the scenario increases visibly over time while being extraordinarily difficult or impossible to swim through due to waves and currents. Perhaps the assassin must rescue a target or retrieve an item from a building before it floods. The flood serves both as an easily-visible timer and as a way of making the challenge progressively more difficult.

- New Orleans, Louisiana during the great fire of 1788 that destroyed 80% of the city. Perhaps a burning building in a burning city, with beams falling and panicked victims running around hysterically, would be an epic scene for a fight or an assassination.

thebutcherhead
03-31-2011, 03:52 PM
Some slippery surfaces on the roofs would also be cool with that

Colossus_1191
03-31-2011, 09:27 PM
I love the idea, but they need to fix the engine first. The framerate drops too often and the pop in is just terrible. If the AC series had perfect framerate, no popups and dynamic weather, then it would be beyond words to describe. Maybe the PC has a perfect framerate and no popups, but I can't stand playing games on a PC.

jeremy54321
04-02-2011, 12:28 AM
its a good idea, but I dont think ubisoft could do it. there system is great as it is and has a lot of poly's and high res textures. but I dont think they could do that. they would have to be able to process every single bit of rain that is hitting each surface, now of course this doesn't apply for light rain becuase there are so few particles, I just dont think there will ever be a downpour
Whether or not ubi can do it, the snowboarding game STOKED has a dynamic weather system they use for adding snow on different mountains. Im sure if ubi asked nice enough they could figure out how they did it.