PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Movie?

SheWas18
12-02-2011, 03:57 AM
I've came across a couple articles about Sony and Ubisoft making an Assassin's Creed movie. I read a couple articles that said it would never happen and that Sony and Paramount wouldn't do it. And I've read some articles that Ubisoft is working with Sony but Ubisoft has complete control of what happens with the movie. Does anyone know anything about an Assassin's Creed movie coming out? or if there is a deal in the works between companies? I would really like to see an Assassin's Creed movie.

wolves_smurf
12-02-2011, 04:07 AM
I don't know much about it, all i know is that sony have the rights to make the film but ubisoft are in full control over everything so it might not work out due to arguments between the two companies. According to IMDB its scheduled for a 2014 release so its a long wait. I'd also like to hear some opinions on actors/actresses people would like to see in the film http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Assassin_M
12-02-2011, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by wolves_smurf:
I don't know much about it, all i know is that sony have the rights to make the film but ubisoft are in full control over everything so it might not work out due to arguments between the two companies. According to IMDB its scheduled for a 2014 release so its a long wait. I'd also like to hear some opinions on actors/actresses people would like to see in the film http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I think the movie will go on pretty well, Sony understands the deal and if sony knew that there would be arguments i personally do not think they would`v taken any step in the agreement.
Sony also understands that Its just like the games, where Ubi is in full control yet Sony has the right to buy its license for the Console.
This movie is no different, and in my opinion Ubisoft did a smart move, and it will prove fruitful for both Ubi and Sony.

SheWas18
12-02-2011, 04:12 AM
I think the voices of Desmond, Ezio, and Lucy are too recognizable to cast anyone other than the voice actors.

Assassin_M
12-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by SheWas18:
I think the voices of Desmond, Ezio, and Lucy are too recognizable to cast anyone other than the voice actors.
SPOILERS FOR ACR in white !!!!

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Lucy is dead, so is Ezio, and Desmond`s character is only for the games..</span>

SheWas18
12-02-2011, 04:19 AM
Yeah, but wouldn't the movie cover all of the AC story so it wouldn't matter? I don't think they would make a movie that covered the story after revelations.

Assassin_M
12-02-2011, 04:21 AM
Yeah, but wouldn't the movie cover all of the AC story so it wouldn't matter? I don't think they would make a movie that covered the story after revelations.
I dont think the movie will have anything to do with the desmond Arc.

I have a strong feeling it may feature something completely new, or maybe Daniel cross ? or even 16..
the possibilities are endless..

SheWas18
12-02-2011, 04:25 AM
I don't think that would make any sense honestly. I could be wrong however. I think they would just cover the first Assassin's Creed or maybe try to cover the first couple in the movie. I think they would like to make something they know already has a huge fanbase. If they made the story about Daniel Cross or 16, even Ezio's father maybe. I don't think it would be as successful as a story about Desmond.

Assassin_M
12-02-2011, 04:39 AM
I don't think that would make any sense honestly. I could be wrong however. I think they would just cover the first Assassin's Creed or maybe try to cover the first couple in the movie. I think they would like to make something they know already has a huge fanbase. If they made the story about Daniel Cross or 16, even Ezio's father maybe. I don't think it would be as successful as a story about Desmond.
Desmond has HIS games already..
I think the movie can do well without him..

wolves_smurf
12-02-2011, 04:47 AM
I think they will do a couple of movies for each character, i.e altair, ezio, desmond or maybe even a film following another known character, such as umar, darim, al mualim, geovanni or mario

raven11d
12-02-2011, 05:12 AM
i just found out about a shortfilm about Giovanni's ( Ezio's father ) story. looked pretty amazing.

could't stop wondering though .. did they create the game characters based on the actors or did they audition the actors based on the game characters?

SheWas18
12-02-2011, 01:21 PM
No clue but I also saw Lineage. I liked it a lot. I hope they come out with more or something similar. And of course longer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

S-EVANS
12-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I reckon it should look something like this...

<span class="ev_code_RED">Watch Clip...</span> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5uUA5I5KkA)

SheWas18
12-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Yes that would be awesome

gamertam
12-02-2011, 07:27 PM
With the many talent and skill professionals they have at their disposal working for Ubisoft. The movie is inevitable. I also think, the movie should starts with AC2 and work in Altair along the way. Because AC2 has a larger fan base?

E-Zekiel
12-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SheWas18:
SPOILERS FOR ACR in white !!!!

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Lucy is dead, so is Ezio, and Desmond`s character is only for the games..</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would Desdmond's character only be fore the games? That'd be silly.

SheWas18
12-03-2011, 12:49 AM
I think Desmond should be in the movie. And I think they should cover altair for maybe the first 20 minutes or something. Then Ezio could be the main character. Like dude said, AC2 has a bigger fanbase

LightRey
12-03-2011, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Why would Desdmond's character only be fore the games? That'd be silly.
Not really. That'd be normal. Besides, if they're going to end Desmond's story with AC3 I really don't see any way they could make a movie about him.

S-EVANS
12-03-2011, 03:00 AM
The release date (at least announced date) is 2012 since the next title in the game is also released in the same year, its possible desmond can be in the movie...

itsamea-mario
12-03-2011, 03:06 AM
I don't want them to condense a 5 game story into a 90 minute film, that's a sure way to fail.

Desmond has games.
Daniel cross has comics.
Someone else can have the feature film.

gabbisen93
12-14-2011, 10:41 AM
It's true that the story of Altair isn't as thick and deep as Ezio's but why not incorporate the memories of Altair from ACR and use those events in the movie as well, Ubisoft could also use the story between the female templar Maria and Altair and the story of Malik and Altair. If you then swapped between Altair's story and the story of Desmond while he is in the session room with Lucy and Warren Vidic you would make a profitable movie and could be suitable for not just fans of the franchise but also non-gamers.

value_zero
12-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Altair is boring.

YuurHeen
12-14-2011, 01:55 PM
i hope its just a story of a assassin that has little to nothing to do with the games. a bit like the stories of legacy.

otherwise maybe a prequel to a game like lineage.