PDA

View Full Version : CH PRODUCTS SETUP!!!

BenvZijl
05-09-2005, 08:07 AM
finally i got my HOTAS set from CH products(pro throttle etc etc) but now i need to know how to edit it for PF cause it doesn't recognise them ingame.

jessi1
05-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Thanks i have the same problem, when i plug it in and go to check the input section of my game the green and red squares dont move at all, you have the same problem??. Also i need to know how to set my joystick x and y axis settings so that it only uses the in-game pitch and roll settings that i have set already. The directions on setting these things up is very long and a bit confusing.

BuzzU
05-09-2005, 09:04 AM
Have you installed the CH software?

ronnied316
05-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Head over to the CH Products oracle - CH Hangar (http://www.ch-hangar.com)

I GUARANTEE that your questions will be answered there.

jessi1
05-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Buzz, i installed the software but it still doesnt recognize my joystick, do i have to create a map and set up buttons for it to recognize it, or download the map or something. thanks in advance

Worf101
05-09-2005, 09:55 AM
I've the same set up. You have to download or upload the Foxy software as well. It allows you to customize profiles for specific games. Or you can downlaod button and stick profiles that others have used.. A useful website to learn your stick and throttle is:

http://cougar.frugalsworld.com/

jessi1
05-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Worf thanks but this is about ch products not the cougar.

FoolTrottel
05-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Start reading guys, especially the part "I've added a second controller ....."
Link to Tully's Guide on Joysticks & IL2/FB/PF (http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm)

Have Fun!

Worf101
05-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Whoops... my bad... I just assumed anyone with a CH went full bird.. Sorry...

Da worfster

horseback
05-09-2005, 10:50 AM
It's been a while since I've had to do this, so I'm working from memory, but here's the gist:

1. Install the latest CH Manager software

2. Plug in your devices (they are all USB, aren't they?)

3. Open CH Manager, & start adding devices to create a profile. I'd recommend opening the Help pages and printing the ones you need out at this time. I find looking at printed instructions on a page more helpful than trying to click back and forth on the screen, but I'm an attention span-challenged old fart who smoked too much weed in my wasted youth...your mileage may vary.

4. Click on Test/Calibrate Icon, and calibrate each controller in turn(-the throttle may take a couple of tries to get it right)

5. Start editing your button assignments so that CM Device 1 is selected for each device and DirectX button assignment, and no button assignment is duplicated. If you have TrackIR, make sure to assign buttons for centering (& toggling on and off (F9 and F12)). These will require De-Selection of DirectX Mode, and entering the F12 or F9 in the "press" section.

6. Save the profile, and name it appropriately.

7. Click on the Download icon, and wait for the prompt before exiting CH Manager. Windows may go through the 'detected new hardware' routine at this time, and/or possibly during the initial calibration period.

8. Check to see that CM Controller 1 is listed in your Windows Game Controllers window, and that the axes and buttons show up in the desired format, just for your peace of mind.

9. Start TrackIR (if necessary), then start FB/AEP/PF. Check to see if your Inputs are working now, and in the right places.

10. Redo the Controls menu for each pilot name you have according to the 30+ buttons you're dying to find a use for; make a reference chart until you have them all 'down'.

11. Get some!

12. Remember to download/activate your profile each time before playing.

hope this helped.

cheers

horseback

TgD Thunderbolt56
05-09-2005, 11:48 AM
I do the same as horseback suggests, but at step 3 i simply open the CH control manager and calibrate them there. Then I go into game and assign the keystrokes/buttons to my liking. Never had any problem and the game recognizes them easily.

Just make sure that you recalibrate and reassign the keys again if you unplug them as it could change the controller ID.

F16_Abe
05-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Horseback has a very nice idea on how to set it up, but if you have the pro throttle you will probably run out of CM1 buttons. In order to fix this here is how you should make your map:
1. Add the fighterstick
2. Add the pro throttle
3. Add the pro pedals
4. Assign the rudder axis on the pro pedals as the Z-axis (I think the game treats the Z-axis as the rudder but you might have to experiment on this) for CM device 1.
5. Assign the throttle wheel on the fighter stick as the R-axis on CM device 1

This will work fine since IL2 supports up to 4 input devices. Only the first device will be visible in the calibration screen though.

However you should really have a look at any of the profiles here:
http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showforum=7
Most of these use the standard game buttons and therefore you will be up and running in a shorter time. Note however there are some contols that have no standard button assignment in the game, and these you will have to assign yourself together with the HOTAS controls in the game.
B.r,
Abe

jessi1
05-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks for all the great advice i really appreciate it guys, i will take the steps later tonight, does anyone know of a simple profile(name)to download for my fighterstick with buttons programmed to pacific fighters and were do i put it in the ch control manager, how to download and send it to ch manager in other wards. I guess i didnt go and set my pitch,roll yaw settings to the new controller id#s thats why it wouldnt recognize it. Thanks again mates

BuzzU
05-09-2005, 01:20 PM
It's pretty easy to make your own map, but you can get some on the CH Hanger site to get you started. Just put them in the CH/maps folder, and then choose it in the CH manager software. Then hit the download button to install it. You need to download it everytime you reboot your system unless you set it up to install on boot up.

Butonga
05-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Read this, it is a very basic programming of the fighter stick, it was the explination that went "CLICK!" in my mind and finally I was able to start using the over $450 worth of joysticks I bought. Pictures help alot.

How do I program a button? (http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=731)

Hope that helps you understand a little better.