PDA

View Full Version : "Shoot! its a friendly" and other online advice

F19_Ob
01-08-2005, 03:52 AM
Well...I ment; shoot at the enemy on your friends tail, even if the distance is great. U might save him.

At one point I and my wingman only flew out to look for mates in trouble. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
A standard event in those days was a long trail of planes chasing eachother and my wingie and I BnZ'd the enemies on friendlies tails.
Dirty work but someone had to do it.

Here is a few tips on saving friendlies online.

1. A friendly plane has a bandit on his tail and need immediate help. There is really no time for careful aim or coming close for a sure kill. If the enemy then have strong guns any help must come fast.
Now is the time to risk it a bit and start spraying. If u are directly behind u may also hit your friendly, but that is a small risk and most would want that someone atleast try to do something before its too late.
Its a bad thing to let a friendly get shot down
if the reason for it is to get as many kills as possible in the sortieand thus saving ammo until close (my opinion)

2. Sometimes U aren't close enough to help effectively but u still can use your tracers to show the enemy that he is being targeted and thus stress him to perhaps do mistakes or even break off his attack.
I have on occasions spent all my ammo on a chaser and missed most of my shots because I couldnt catch up (me in hurricane enemy in 109), but that have more than once resulted in my friendlys escape.
Then ofcourse I cant hunt anymore and have to return home but what a good cause.

3. If u are the one being chased its good manners to have some understanding if the one trying to help you fails and not blame him if u get shot down.
Your friend may be out of ammo or perhaps is flying a plane with less ammo like a yak or he may just be inexperienced.

4. If u are alone with a bandit on your tail and u cant shake him off, U may want to shoot short bursts of tracers to hopefully atract friendlies to the sceen. If u completely run out of luck u may atract more enemies instead.
If u have a wingman close and he cant find u, tracers are an excellent help.
Was used in RL aswell.
Avoid enabling smoke from wingtips.

5. Help the ones that helped u.
Dont leave a friendly to tangle alone with the bandit he scared off your tail, unless u are damaged and unable.
U can support your friendly even if u are out of ammo. The enemy wont know that.
Enemies have evaded my ammoless plane so many times I have lost count.

The tips are mainly for our new mates but I think anyone can contemplate on them or/ add a few more.

cheers

F19_Ob
01-08-2005, 03:52 AM
Well...I ment; shoot at the enemy on your friends tail, even if the distance is great. U might save him.

At one point I and my wingman only flew out to look for mates in trouble. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
A standard event in those days was a long trail of planes chasing eachother and my wingie and I BnZ'd the enemies on friendlies tails.
Dirty work but someone had to do it.

Here is a few tips on saving friendlies online.

1. A friendly plane has a bandit on his tail and need immediate help. There is really no time for careful aim or coming close for a sure kill. If the enemy then have strong guns any help must come fast.
Now is the time to risk it a bit and start spraying. If u are directly behind u may also hit your friendly, but that is a small risk and most would want that someone atleast try to do something before its too late.
Its a bad thing to let a friendly get shot down
if the reason for it is to get as many kills as possible in the sortieand thus saving ammo until close (my opinion)

2. Sometimes U aren't close enough to help effectively but u still can use your tracers to show the enemy that he is being targeted and thus stress him to perhaps do mistakes or even break off his attack.
I have on occasions spent all my ammo on a chaser and missed most of my shots because I couldnt catch up (me in hurricane enemy in 109), but that have more than once resulted in my friendlys escape.
Then ofcourse I cant hunt anymore and have to return home but what a good cause.

3. If u are the one being chased its good manners to have some understanding if the one trying to help you fails and not blame him if u get shot down.
Your friend may be out of ammo or perhaps is flying a plane with less ammo like a yak or he may just be inexperienced.

4. If u are alone with a bandit on your tail and u cant shake him off, U may want to shoot short bursts of tracers to hopefully atract friendlies to the sceen. If u completely run out of luck u may atract more enemies instead.
If u have a wingman close and he cant find u, tracers are an excellent help.
Was used in RL aswell.
Avoid enabling smoke from wingtips.

5. Help the ones that helped u.
Dont leave a friendly to tangle alone with the bandit he scared off your tail, unless u are damaged and unable.
U can support your friendly even if u are out of ammo. The enemy wont know that.
Enemies have evaded my ammoless plane so many times I have lost count.

The tips are mainly for our new mates but I think anyone can contemplate on them or/ add a few more.

cheers

JtD
01-08-2005, 04:43 AM
If you are beeing chased and with a friend about to help, don'T fly maneuvers that make it impossible for your buddy to help you. No split-S, no tight turns.

Try barrel rolls, they will make you hard to hit, and your enemy will either brake off or slow down. So you are save. Scissors are good to.

73GIAP_Milan
01-08-2005, 06:29 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Great post Ob ! good pointers, this deserves to be put on the Survival Tactics list http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Sticky this??

LStarosta
01-08-2005, 09:18 AM
You can quickly turn the tables and turn your friendly's attacker into a victim.

It's called drag and bag, and some of the best drag and bag scenarios occur spontaneously. Voice comms are a must. Practice is also a must. Experience, too, is a must (know the difference between tracer colors). In this way you can tell the buddy with a bandit on his tail where to turn and how much, what maneuvers to perform, to fire off quick tracers or flash formation lights etc. This will help you get a firing solution much more quickly.

Xses_08
01-08-2005, 09:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JtD:
If you are beeing chased and with a friend about to help, don'T fly maneuvers that make it impossible for your buddy to help you. No split-S, no tight turns.

Try barrel rolls, they will make you hard to hit, and your enemy will either brake off or slow down. So you are save. Scissors are good to. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want to be saved, particularly by planes that have more E (Speed/Alt) then heed this mans words.. countless times I have gone to waste a bandit on a friendlies 6, only to have the friendly pilot throw his plane into a hard bank at the wrong time with the bandit in pursuit..
?!?!
Wrong wrong wrong!

I guess they do not want any assistance?

LStarosta
01-08-2005, 09:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xses_08:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JtD:

Try barrel rolls, they will make you hard to hit, and your enemy will either brake off or slow down. So you are save. Scissors are good to. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want to be saved, particularly by planes that have more E (Speed/Alt) then heed this mans words.. countless times I have gone to waste a bandit on a friendlies 6, only to have the friendly pilot throw his plane into a hard bank at the wrong time with the bandit in pursuit..
?!?!
Wrong wrong wrong!

I guess they do not want any assistance? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please read the post above.

If you want realism as in real cooperation, fly on full real servers that offer Voice Comms for their players.

Xses_08
01-08-2005, 09:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xses_08:

?!?!
Wrong wrong wrong!

I guess they do not want any assistance? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please read the post above.

If you want realism as in real cooperation, fly on full real servers that offer Voice Comms for their players. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Join most servers and you will find that even when voice comms are offered, many do not join.

I am on Warclouds very often, and although it is not "full real" it has a great teamspeak server. When I have a bandit on my 6 and I realise I cannot loose him without assistance I first try for assistance via voice comms, but if there isnt anyone in the immediate area, I look for friendlies in the sky and then manouver the chasing bandit into a position for them to engage. "Drag n Bag".

It would be great if more joined voice comms but its a fact that many dont, or are already on squadron comms.

No need for voice comms tho once the friendly has spotted you (although again it would help) and is making ways to assist. Just do enough jinking to not be hit, dont pull any stupid high G turns and let the teammate have a decent shot at the bandit.

x__CRASH__x
01-08-2005, 09:58 AM
I'd like to add in a small tip:

If an enemy aircraft zips inches across your nose while you are chasing another enemy aircraft... DO NOT pull the trigger out of a jerking reaction!

I was Trying to get a line on a Spitfire. Another Spit filled up my windscreen and shocked me. I pulled the trigger for some reason. Took the wing right off the 109 who was chasing the spit.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

x__CRASH__x
01-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Hey, but it was one hell of a shot! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

FatBoyHK
01-08-2005, 12:56 PM
If you help a friend in trouble, usually you will be rewarded by an easy kill, so why not?

If you are the one in trouble, pay a great deal of attention behind you, even you are not yet in the bad guy's gun range. Someone behind may be risking a little bit to help you, like spending energy to force a snapshot opporunity. Once you see friendly tracers, shake you tail to check it out, If the bad guy has switched his target, immediately turn back and engage. I suggest a half-loop because it can keep you E, and you will be higher, hence have a good view of the action below.

If the bad guy is smart, he know he will be sandwitched, and he would disengage immediately. If not, he must be in a nasty fight now. Take you time, choose a good opporunity, and zoom down for a kill. I can say 20% of my kill are claimed in this way.

If you can't get him, zoom up and wait for another opporunity, because it is useless to have two planes TnBing with one bandit... while you are waiting above, provide top cover to your firend below, very often extra bandits will join the furball.... Help him if you can handle it, but if you can't, warn your friend and suggest him now may be the last chance to disengage.

karost
01-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Ok ,if I'm a bad guy and get a troble with 1vs2 what should I do.

- disengage immediately ? I will do that if I have a big energy but if seem "no way out" then what to do

so I have to change a table from 1vs2 to 1vs1 I have to kill a damage my current target as fast as I can before they play drag-bang , if my current target stay in gun range I will dump my manual pitch to get closer and spent 70% of ammo for him no matter how he dance.

but if I have a bad luck so I will drive to low alt check map and radio request "help" to the location that I will convert to low altitude combat and drang two of them to a trap ( and if I found a big clound that must be batter http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )then I try to buy more time playing cat & dogs util my friends come , I know that this situation can not RTB so I will bring myself to be a trap by open navigator light and dance with rock and roll and prepare for bail out when the time come.

that is the way of the bad guy do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

S!

MOhz
01-08-2005, 02:47 PM

I have bin trying to explain this to ppl for so long now!

F19_Ob
01-09-2005, 03:07 AM
LoL..Karost thnx for the bad guy reply http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I agree, Its a good idea in that situation to try to atleast damage one of them, otherwise both of them will spray after u.
That have worked for me also although flying away from the enemy is seldom an option in a plane like hurricane against 109's.

Xses_08
01-09-2005, 05:07 AM
Depends on what plane you are flying.
If you are in the faster plane, or at least equal to your opponents, best advice I can give is to look for some clouds.

If they are nearby disengage and head for them. You may be able to gain enough separation from your persuers once you loose them for a brief moment in the clouds and be able to dive to the deck and start running.

It all depends on your plane and current Altitude/Energy state. The more E you have, the more options available to you.