PDA

View Full Version : Crew management: Skills vs. Specializations??? And global abilities?

eldiablito69
03-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi again,

So I have some more questions regarding crew management;

1. Should the compartment leader have leadership as skill and the compartment as specialization, OR the compartment on both skill and spec? e.g. The torpedo compartment leader: Leadership on skill and torpedp on spec OR torpedo on both skill and spec?

2. What about gun crew? Will the gun function (i.e. acctually hit targets) more effectively with if the gun leader has leadership as skill OR guns as skill?

3. Crewmen with mechanical as skill should specialize in... torpedoes? or what?

4. Crewmen with electonics as skill should only specialize in sonar?

5. What does the "Increase fanatical chance" global ability do?

6. Will global abilities stack, i.e. If both the deck commander AND one of the sonar officers has DIFFERENT global abilities, will both affect the whole crew?

Phheww http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif Alot of questions... Thx again for a kick@ss game!

banzai_billy
03-20-2007, 05:15 PM
I dunno about questions 1-2, but mechanical (possibly symbolized as a cog a la SHIII?) is most likely engines. Especially if it is possible to qualify your men in torpedoes. In the opposite case, if you can qualify them as an engineer and/or a torpedoman, "mechanical" could be damage control.
Electronics is definitely hydrophones and radar.
Also, please note it is "hydrophones." Destroyers use sonar.

MG08x15
03-20-2007, 10:10 PM
"Increase fanatical chance"

What is that? I have the feeling there are a lot, a very large lot, of spelling errors and translation errors. It makes me think no native English speaker was involved or edited the English language text.

eldiablito69
03-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by banzai_billy:
I dunno about questions 1-2, but mechanical (possibly symbolized as a cog a la SHIII?) is most likely engines. Especially if it is possible to qualify your men in torpedoes. In the opposite case, if you can qualify them as an engineer and/or a torpedoman, "mechanical" could be damage control.
Electronics is definitely hydrophones and radar.
Also, please note it is "hydrophones." Destroyers use sonar.

Thx banzai_billy! =) Now about the rest of the questions... Kinda important to know inorder to get a kick@ss crew.

I think we need a good wiki as a compliment to the manual. Feels like the manual lacks alot of important info.

vertex42
03-22-2007, 10:40 AM
shouldnt they have a specialization for repair? everytime i add crew men to repair they always end up with 0 moral and effiecency...and when im getting attacked no one does anything....damage to the ship goes unfixed and i sink...how do u fix that? whats the best people to put there?