PDA

View Full Version : How should the AC Revelations opening title sequence be?

Rakudaton
09-17-2011, 08:00 AM
I'm referring to the moment early in where the game displays "Ubisoft presents..." and then the AC logo and game title. These have been awesome moments in all three main games so far, and hopefully it will be just as good this time around.

For those who haven't played or can't remember these moments, here's a rundown. Note -- All awesomeness factors are my opinion.

AC: After failing to kill Robert de Sable, Altair escapes the temple through a ragged hole in a wall. This gives us our first wide shot of Jerusalem, and Altair pauses on the threshold for a moment for the AC title to appear. Awesomeness factor = 3.5/5

ACII: After fighting the Pazzi and seeing a doctor, Ezio races to the top of a church with his brother, before climbing the tower. After agreeing with each other that their life is great -- "may it never change", "and may it never change us" -- they link arms, the camera pulls back and shows a wide view of Florence, whilst the music Ezio's Family starts up. Awesomeness factor = 5/5

ACB: After reaching the edge of the Vatican, Ezio and Mario climb a tower. Ezio stares at the Apple, debating whether to throw it in the Tiber (cue Ezio's Family); after a moment of indecision Mario tells him to keep it for now. They then perform leaps of faith into the river, and the camera pans up to see a huge view of Rome and the sky. Awesomeness factor = 4/5

So, just how are they going to do Revelations? Here are some of my ideas:

ACR: Like in ACB, our first scene is in the future -- but rather than the siege of Vianna, we get to see the scene where Ezio is led by Leandros to be hanged. Ezio walking along the platform and seeing the eagle, combined with some nifty camera work and music (Ezio's Family?) could be a very emotional moment. It would cut before it got to any action, and then we would replay events from before it got to that bit.

johnnyhayek
09-17-2011, 09:16 AM
They should Ezio's Family again. While your idea is good, here's mine: Ezio says goodbye to all his friends in Italy(sad moment). And as they see him sail away in his ship(cue Ezio's Family), the title appears next to the horizon. That would be epic, and sad at the same time.

Drallo
09-17-2011, 09:32 AM
I really look forward to the new opening scene, and i agree with you Rakudaton that AC 2 had the best opening. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ivan0519
09-17-2011, 09:49 AM
My guest is that the opening scene will be
-Ezio walking on the plains with the mountains on the background(just like on the e3 trailer) with the AC logo showing up or
-Ezio looking over at the Masyaf fortress from the distance with the AC logo showing up.

the background music could be the winner on the ujam ACR theme contest (the sample music is excellent btw http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif )

CRUDFACE
09-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Hmm, it seems the pattern here is to have a mild tutorial on movement and then the Ac logo. Never notice that until you've brought it up.

ACR: I think it will have a little clip of him training the others, showing off how he climbs and stuff, while at the same time, saying goodbye to friends/family. As he charters a ship, he can not only see them, but the assassins he's leaving behind.

And when he walks, later on, into Masyaf for the first time and begins to infiltrate it, we'll see him stand up on a reach high point and zoom out to show us everything.

RzaRecta357
09-17-2011, 10:09 AM
It's gonna be at Masyaf of course.

However....This time I think it'll be Ezio talking about what's happened to him rather than Desmond opening the game.

CRUDFACE
09-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
It's gonna be at Masyaf of course.

However....This time I think it'll be Ezio talking about what's happened to him rather than Desmond opening the game.

Ahh! I forgot about how he always does that! it'd be cool if it were a mix of all three of them. Or maybe just Ezio and Altair since it's their final story.

kalo.yanis
09-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Hold on a sec. Wasn't that thing at the end of the E3 gameplay the title sequence for ACR?

Here's a reminder:
http://www.itkgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/HarbourLogo-600x300.png

notafanboy
09-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Ezio´s family. nuff said...

LightRey
09-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by NBST:
Hold on a sec. Wasn't that thing at the end of the E3 gameplay the title sequence for ACR?

Here's a reminder:
http://www.itkgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/HarbourLogo-600x300.png
Since that demo takes place about 3/4 through the game, I'd say no.

raptor41tr
09-17-2011, 01:08 PM
I think opening title sequence must start when ezio arrives constantinople. And song can be the theme at the end of the e3 demo. I think it's the main theme for ACR.

InfectedNation
09-17-2011, 01:42 PM
I really hope there's no "Desmond's commentary" at the beginning of this game, it really ruins the immersion for me.
A cinematic intro with Ezio would be more powerful and pull us into the game...

kalo.yanis
09-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:

Really? Have they actually confirmed this?

I just assumed it was just before Ezio sailed off to Masyaf where the Comic-Con demo took place, since he did visit Constantinople before going there.

RzaRecta357
09-17-2011, 02:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I just assumed it was just before Ezio sailed off to Masyaf where the Comic-Con demo took place, since he did visit Constantinople before going there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty sure during the walkthroughs they say that he's after the templar with the final key when he does what he does at the boat yard.

CRUDFACE
09-17-2011, 03:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I just assumed it was just before Ezio sailed off to Masyaf where the Comic-Con demo took place, since he did visit Constantinople before going there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, he says halfway through the game at the end of the E3 demo, make me wonder why they picked that mission to show off.

kalo.yanis
09-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Oh, cheers.
That did look like a nice title sequence, though. It has a sort of Indiana Jones feel to it, with the ship sailing off from an exotic location.

lukaszep
09-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NBST:

Actually, he says halfway through the game at the end of the E3 demo, make me wonder why they picked that mission to show off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because every game at E3 competes for "Demo with the most explosions".

NewBlade200
09-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
Ezio´s family. nuff said... It's a brilliant soundtrack but it has been in 2 games now. The new soundtrack for Rev sounds beautiful. Let it shine.

roostersrule2
09-18-2011, 05:10 AM
Dosent revelations start of with ezio looking through some old documents?

Rakudaton
09-18-2011, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:

I believe that's supposed to be at the start of the game, yes, and it might even be the first scene. But that won't necessarily be the title scene. Think about it:

AC: First scene has Desmond failing to synch with Altair; after some explanations he plugs into the animus. Altair then has to navigate Solomon's temple before we get to the title scene.

ACII: First scene has Desmond escaping Abstergo with Lucy. After talking a bit with Shaun and Rebecca, he goes into the animus. Then, only after Ezio has fought the Pazzi, visited the doctor, and raced his brother, do we get the title scene.

ACB: First scene consists of jumping around Ezio's timeline a bit as the animus goes glitchy. Eventually we patch into immediately after ACII's ending. Ezio has to fight and escape the Vatican. Only after reaching the tower do we get the title scene.

Do you see? The documents thing may well be the first scene, but not necessarily the title scene. Plus it doesn't really sound awesome enough for that.

roostersrule2
09-18-2011, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:

I believe that's supposed to be at the start of the game, yes, and it might even be the first scene. But that won't necessarily be the title scene. Think about it:

AC: First scene has Desmond failing to synch with Altair; after some explanations he plugs into the animus. Altair then has to navigate Solomon's temple before we get to the title scene.

ACII: First scene has Desmond escaping Abstergo with Lucy. After talking a bit with Shaun and Rebecca, he goes into the animus. Then, only after Ezio has fought the Pazzi, visited the doctor, and raced his brother, do we get the title scene.

ACB: First scene consists of jumping around Ezio's timeline a bit as the animus goes glitchy. Eventually we patch into immediately after ACII's ending. Ezio has to fight and escape the Vatican. Only after reaching the tower do we get the title scene.

Do you see? The documents thing may well be the first scene, but not necessarily the title scene. Plus it doesn't really sound awesome enough for that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>good point but if it is in monteriggioni he could get on the top of the building and see all of monteriggionni but that wouldnt be as good

lukaszep
09-18-2011, 11:21 AM
If "The Secret Crusade" is anything to go by, (as i believe it ends where AC:R begins).. *MINORSPOILERS* the AC:R titles could be Ezio arriving at Constantinople by boat. *ENDMINORSPOILERS*.

And that sounds pretty awesome to me, but maybe they'll have something better in store for us..

LightRey
09-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
If "The Secret Crusade" is anything to go by, (as i believe it ends where AC:R begins).. *MINORSPOILERS* the AC:R titles could be Ezio arriving at Constantinople by boat. *ENDMINORSPOILERS*.

And that sounds pretty awesome to me, but maybe they'll have something better in store for us..
That wouldn't make sense. If I'm not mistaken Ezio travels to Masyaf first before going to Constantinople.

DarthEzio55
09-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Maybe the title pops up when Ezio gets a Full Glimpse at the masyaf Castle,

kalo.yanis
09-18-2011, 01:43 PM
As far as I'm aware, he does visit Constantinople before going to Masyaf. After all, in order for him to be able to use and craft bombs in Hama (the gamescom demo), he needs to have learned it beforehand from Piri Reis, who is based in Constantinople. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jexx21
09-18-2011, 01:52 PM
That would actually be perfect to get the title sequence to look over the main city of ACR. Because that's pretty much how it has to be.

Epic music
Epic scene overlooking main city (Florence was pretty much the main city of AC2. Jerusalem was the main city pretty much, and Rome was obviously the main city of Brotherhood)
Epic game title popping up

NewBlade200
09-18-2011, 05:29 PM
As far as I'm aware, he does visit Constantinople before going to Masyaf. After all, in order for him to be able to use and craft bombs in Hama (the gamescom demo), he needs to have learned it beforehand from Piri Reis, who is based in Constantinople. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I thought Leonardo gave him bombs and he just figured it out from there. Who is Piri Reis?

kalo.yanis
09-19-2011, 12:40 AM
A cartographer and master assassin. He's the one who teaches Ezio how to craft the new bombs.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Piri_Reis

RzaRecta357
09-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Man, I hope for AC3 they can the Ezios family tune and bring back something like Access the Animus.

Please for the love of god bring back the Masyaf tune too

souNdwAve89
09-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
I really hope there's no "Desmond's commentary" at the beginning of this game, it really ruins the immersion for me.
A cinematic intro with Ezio would be more powerful and pull us into the game...

Won't happen. Ubisoft uses the summary as the intro to give new players an idea on what the game is about. I personally like the narration of Desmond summing up the events.

I LOVE the song, "Ezio's Family", but I hope they don't use it again because it's to a point of repetition. I am curious on how the game starts because we know that Brotherhood picks up where AC2 left off... literally.

It would be cool if it starts off as Ezio in Rome (still wearing the Brotherhood out) where the city has much changed for the better since the end of Brotherhood. The Roman Assassin Guild has flourished with many members and are dispatched throughout the world to keep the peace and to stop any Templar activity. Realizing Ezio's old age, he starts to question his life (what Revelations is practically about) and goes through old books of the Assassin Order. After some dialogue with Claudia and other important characters, he decides to make a trip to Masyaf, the roots of the Assassin Order. There we have ingame cinematic version of the E3 CGI trailer. The game title appears where Ezio does a leap of faith on the execution plank.

AnthonyA85
09-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by souNdwAve89:

Won't happen. Ubisoft uses the summary as the intro to give new players an idea on what the game is about. I personally like the narration of Desmond summing up the events.

I LOVE the song, "Ezio's Family", but I hope they don't use it again because it's to a point of repetition. I am curious on how the game starts because we know that Brotherhood picks up where AC2 left off... literally.

It would be cool if it starts off as Ezio in Rome (still wearing the Brotherhood out) where the city has much changed for the better since the end of Brotherhood. The Roman Assassin Guild has flourished with many members and are dispatched throughout the world to keep the peace and to stop any Templar activity. Realizing Ezio's old age, he starts to question his life (what Revelations is practically about) and goes through old books of the Assassin Order. After some dialogue with Claudia and other important characters, he decides to make a trip to Masyaf, the roots of the Assassin Order. There we have ingame cinematic version of the E3 CGI trailer. The game title appears where Ezio does a leap of faith on the execution plank.

Judging by what we saw in the Desmond trailer, the game starts off right where ACB left off, right after Desmond got put back in the animus, the trailer showed the final few seconds of ACB where Desmond had the apple, then it shows Desmond stuck somewhere in the animus, and he's beating a fist against an invisible wall, and you hear him saying "What the hell....?" after the Animus crashes.

IF you meant where the Ezio part picks up, well, probably just about to leave italy or something.

souNdwAve89
09-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Yup, I was talking about Ezio's side of the game since Desmond's is quite obvious. It would be cool if the intro of the game is actually a flashback of Desmond's life.

iNvid22
09-19-2011, 03:22 PM
i''ll be surprised if they top ac2's intro, that was magnificent.

most of the music in ac is great, i think they'll do a good job

HD RoLoS v
09-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Maybe Ezio follows a ghost of his father and then some sad but epic moment happens.