PDA

View Full Version : After the game that we all try and forget

Gnats_Knackers
03-09-2006, 05:53 AM
Hi Guys

After seeing that a new Rainbow was on its was I thought I'd pop back.

After Lockdown will you buy this game or rent it?

Oh and Hi Kimi nice to see you again.

GSG_9_Rage
03-09-2006, 06:19 AM
ive lost my brand loyalty. which means i won't automatically buy it because it is a Rainbow game. i will have to play a demo or have alot more information to consider buying the game. its waaaay to early to be thinking about weitehr or not you will buy it.

TH3Hammer
03-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by GSG_9_Rage:
ive lost my brand loyalty. which means i won't automatically buy it because it is a Rainbow game. i will have to play a demo or have alot more information to consider buying the game. its waaaay to early to be thinking about weitehr or not you will buy it.

Same. I'm willing to give it a chance if previews start telling us that they have learned from Lockdown and promise to never ever ever ever ever do that to us again.

I will even take back all of the mean things I said about Goliath http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Pacemaker701SQ
03-09-2006, 06:54 PM
There are soo many good titles out there.. It's hard to say you are "Loyal" to a specific title.

I have always been the one to read consumer reports, forums, newsgroups, etc before making any decision. I know this is not like figuring out if the next vehicle I buy will be safe or something, but it is important to research first.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am not a sports freak, etc. This is what I do with some of my spare time and I can't just run out and buy something on a whim either. I have a really good feeling about this one and am sure that I will buy it eventually and spend a great deal of time on it.

I think the less people that buy it on a whim, the less angry posts we will have to read. I also think that this Lockdown situation was a good learning tool. I can only hope that the concerns were listened to and issues found in this new title get addressed in patches, etc in a very timely manner. I think that will be best confirmation that the future of RB6 looks bright.

TH3Hammer
03-10-2006, 03:40 PM
From what I just read, it looks like they learned from Lockdown. I'm actually getting excited about this one now. The EGM article is a great read. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

doubleTAP5.56mm
03-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Pacemaker701SQ:
There are soo many good titles out there...

???? But how many good military or counter terror sims? There are some really good war games, and really good shooters, but those games and R6 are apples/oranges.
I know of only one game that's even remotely comparable to R6, and that's Swat4 (pc only).
I guess my point is that when buying (or not) a R6, I don't judge it or compare it to COD or CS or any game not in the same class (tactical sim, CQB, etc).