PDA

View Full Version : Appearing from a cloud?

GPNM
09-01-2007, 11:50 AM
I've been watching the PAX gameplay video, and I noticed something...Altair appears out of nowhere from a white cloud that then disappears.

I'm thinking...is that only for the demo? Or is that how the major missions will actually start?

Boromir323
09-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Probably just for the demo, I think your missions start when your boss gives them to you at the stronghold.

the_assassin_07
09-01-2007, 11:54 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif.

Zeusdude2020
09-01-2007, 09:16 PM
^^^^^I agree

but yet I have this other theory, seeing as this is someone's genetic memory and Altair isn't the main character all the time I think this is just when they find a memory in the genes and then "run" it.

This theory is based off of a computer running some sort of Memory viewing Program (like a TV show) and this white cloud is just how it would ermmm...what's the word...how it would start the memory?

nielstheking
09-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Hey all,

I was wondering the following: in the demo I noticed all the people got some sort of electric, computer-like things on them... what are those?

deskpe
09-02-2007, 08:31 AM
it's the target thingy, like instead of an arrow over the head

nielstheking
09-02-2007, 08:32 AM
...target thingy...

It sucks! It wasn't there during the E3 demo, so I hope it's something one can switch off...

cooldude6681
09-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by nielstheking:
...target thingy...

It sucks! It wasn't there during the E3 demo, so I hope it's something one can switch off... The demo shown at PAX was the E3 demo. The exact same, unchanged, unmodified, 4-month-old E3 demo program.

Most of us also remember seeing it in the E3 demo back...when...E3 was going on.

ifiwerearichman
09-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by cooldude6681:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nielstheking:
...target thingy...

It sucks! It wasn't there during the E3 demo, so I hope it's something one can switch off... The demo shown at PAX was the E3 demo. The exact same, unchanged, unmodified, 4-month-old E3 demo program.

Most of us also remember seeing it in the E3 demo back...when...E3 was going on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Um... I don't think your watching the right video. Not only was it no the same as the E3 demo, Patrice even goes on saying "I'm not going to be doing this (E3 demo), I'll be doing something else". The E3 demo was about assassinating the slave trader dude (forget his name) while the PAX demo was about environment interactivity and basically just climbing a minaret.

cooldude6681
09-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by ifiwerearichman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude6681:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nielstheking:
...target thingy...

Most of us also remember seeing it in the E3 demo back...when...E3 was going on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Um... I don't think your watching the right video. Not only was it no the same as the E3 demo, Patrice even goes on saying "I'm not going to be doing this (E3 demo), I'll be doing something else". The E3 demo was about assassinating the slave trader dude (forget his name) while the PAX demo was about environment interactivity and basically just climbing a minaret. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif I was there at PAX. The demo file/program that was used at PAX was the same demo file/program used at E3. If you look closely at the video I recorded, you'll see that it even says "E3 Demo" on the startup screen. I'm not saying Patrice did the same thing as what was done in the E3 demo, I'm saying the file that was used was the same.

lb003g0676
09-02-2007, 02:02 PM
ifiwerearichman, I think you got a bit confused.

No matter what goes on within a demo, doesn't mean the actual demo is different. In the same way, that if you bought assassins Creed and Your friends bought assassins creed, and you played in completely different ways... it wouldn't make it a different game.

Anyway, I also hope the ridiculous targeting highlight buggers off before release. Ands that the tons of bugs are ironed out. Clipping on the ropes when Altair was running after Talal on the elevated planks above the indoor market.

ifiwerearichman
09-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Oh, I see what you guys mean now, didn't notice the demo program. When I think of a video demo, I think of it as a demonstration rather then just the build of the game. My bad I guess http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif.

The biggest fix the game needs is the AI, IMO. In E3 demo an NPC was walking back and forth on a plank cause he was unable to follow Altair up a wall and at the PAX, another NPC (actually the NPC looked really similar to the one in E3 lol) just walks off the edge of a building.