PDA

View Full Version : New games coming soon?

GSWH
01-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Im new to this community. I been seeing post about Battle of Britain. Is that the new game coming out? Or is there another coming out? Or is this franchise dead http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

<3 the game though, its seriously exciting

-HH-Quazi
01-24-2007, 08:21 PM
As long as Oleg keeps putting out flight sims like this one, this franchise will never die. HEHE

This sim has been evolving over the last 5 years. It started out with IL-2 Sturmovik released in 2001. Then IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles was released in 2003. Bith are separate syand alone sims. Then AEP(Aces Expansion Pack) was released to merge into Forgotten Battles in 2004. Then Pacific Fighters was released to either be a separate stand alone sim or it can be merged into FB\AEP. This was released in 2005. Since then we have had patches\add-ons that gave us new content as well as fixes and they were free up to patch version 4.04m. The next three add-ons that were due to be released were all paid add-ons. These included Pe-2(4.05m), Sturmoviks over Manchuria(4.06m), & 1946(4.07m). These add-ons were released as downloads to merge with our cureent FB\AEP\PF version 4.04m. And it was just recently released in DVD form as a separate stand alone sim called IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 which includes all the versions of the sim from the original IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles through to our current version 4.07m. Now we have one last free patch\add-on that will be released sometime this year that will bring the entire series to version 4.08m and finish up support for this series.

All the while, at least for the last couple years, Oleg Maddox & team have been working on the next release due out in Dec. of this year called BoB-SOW(Storm of War). It is being built around a new gaming engine with newer technologies that will make our virtual flight experience a bit more realistic as far as image quality goes with more realistic landscapes and constantly changing weather fronts There are more new features to BoB-SOW but they escape me at this moment.

That is about it for the history & future of the best WWII flight sim in the world. So I don't believe the franchise is anywhere close to being dead. As a matter of fact, it is constantly growing. The next five years will be a blast. And God willing, I will be here for the duration.

Skycat_2
01-24-2007, 09:30 PM
The "IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946" DVD has five years' worth of add-ons and expansions and is the entire "IL-2: Forgotten Battles series." And with that, the Forgotten Battles line comes to a close ...

Oleg's upcoming "Storm of War: Battle of Britain" will be the beginning of a new series.

Meanwhile, there have been some posts lately about "Battle of Britain II: Wings of Victory." This is a revamp of an older sim, "Rowan's Battle of Britain." Try not to get all these titles confused. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

VW-IceFire
01-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by GSWH:
Im new to this community. I been seeing post about Battle of Britain. Is that the new game coming out? Or is there another coming out? Or is this franchise dead http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

<3 the game though, its seriously exciting
Far from dead...the new Storm of War series is set to start with the Battle of Britain and expand from there. Probably North Africa to Italy scenarios after.