PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we have a world (in game) that feels more alive??? Video attached

KrYpToNiC95
05-07-2011, 05:26 PM
I wish the devs could actually take notice of this and incorporate a living world into AC. The world that has been put into Witcher 2 is amazing and if they could put this in AC it would be unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUhqDbNzm90

phil.llllll
05-07-2011, 06:03 PM
It seems a bit more specific but AC has a lot of that already.

People fish, are seen working, get scared when you draw your sword on them and everything else.

The only thing they don't have is a regular schedule I think. But really, it doesn't matter as much because of the different nature of the game - it's mostly fast running across rooftops not slow walking through woods and watching people interact.

notafanboy
05-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
It seems a bit more specific but AC has a lot of that already.

People fish, are seen working, get scared when you draw your sword on them and everything else.

The only thing they don't have is a regular schedule I think. But really, it doesn't matter as much because of the different nature of the game - it's mostly fast running across rooftops not slow walking through woods and watching people interact. yes, but it still needs to be improved.

ThaWhistle
05-07-2011, 06:21 PM
they could definitely change group mechanics with NPCs, it kind of killed the atmosphere if you got to clsoe to a group of people with a horse and then they start walking away. especially if one of htem pushes the other out of the way and walk off like nothing happened.

SAVMATIC
05-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Its already is good but yes I think they need to step it up a notch. In Revelations however, it sounds like they might be heading in that direction. The leaked details mentioned they would be doing away with side-quests in favor of random, real-time occurences you can choose to get in on or not, such as someone crying for help. This is how they do it in Red Dead Redemption and I welcome to take as many hints as they can to boost the immersiveness.

SAVMATIC
05-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Actually let me add that I agree the NPC mechanics need to be worked on in general. Citizens should not be just standing around in mobs when you are getting in a large scale brawl. I find myself trying to clear people out so I can actually have some space with out getting desynched for murking to many damn civilians that get in the way

Avl521
05-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Not necessarily.
People already do much of what is seen in that video. The only thing I'd consider missing is the rain. But maybe it will appear in AC: R. After all we did have rain in the mission where we chased that cardinal.

All in all I think AC already has that.

KrYpToNiC95
05-07-2011, 07:43 PM
At least they should give us random occurring events like in Red Dead Redemption...

GunnarGunderson
05-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by KrYpToNiC95:
I wish the devs could actually take notice of this and incorporate a living world into AC. The world that has been put into Witcher 2 is amazing and if they could put this in AC it would be unbelievable.

didn't you already post this in a different thread, or am I thinking of this one?

Either way the NPCs in Red Dead Redemption are much better in terms of looking like a real community

SAVMATIC
05-07-2011, 09:00 PM
At least they should give us random occurring events like in Red Dead Redemption...
Yeah like I mentioned, in the leaked details it says that they are switching over to that. I think they can learn a lot from the NPC's in RedDead Redemption, it will make AC that much better.

Also, if we are including weather in this discussion, they ABSOLUTELY should included rain in this next game, i wish it had been in all of them.(excluding the brief bit in ACB)

xsatanicjokerx
05-07-2011, 09:40 PM
The video showed good A.I. but not great.
Examples
- The butcher was cutting meat. But it was the same piece all day he then kept it out over night. Not to mention the over exaggerated swinging of arms as he cut it.
- Those women shared a joke. But when laughing there was no body movement to show that they were.
- The npc's ran out of the rain. But they acted like brainless Zombies just standing under the shelter.
- The npc's walked from home to work everyday. But there was no contact with any others while walking as if they were not there.

iBoba
05-08-2011, 12:58 AM

Good suggestion, but you are really asking too much. RPG game like Witcher 2 focuses on RPG, where player would interact every time with NPCS, game like AC focuses on the story line and its epicness, thus does not required more other NPC interacting. AC already has that anyone, men and women sweeping the streets of rome, horses in stables, men talking with each other, and more. But it would be good to have them improved over the next games, but i doubt that they will focus more on the storyline.

iBoba
05-08-2011, 01:01 AM
Guys, games WILL NEVER BE PERFECT. DIFFERENT PEOPLE WILL HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS, THATS HOW EVERYTHING IS. IF YOU WANT A PERFECT WORLD, PLEASE INVENT THE ANIMUS 10.0

Drakonous505
05-08-2011, 01:15 AM
I agree that social interaction needs improvement. I hope with ACR the people will respond to you because of the posters. For example you're attempting to blend in a group of people then one of them sees you and points you out and breaks your cover. This would lead to people having to move quickly from cover to cover. Also with the interaction Ezio and Altair should make some reaction to the people he's standing with. I think that would help with blending.

Also at night I feel there were too many people outside at night. It'd be nice if the roads were empty except for a few people or thieves and guards. This would make for stealth game play to be implied more.

crash3
05-08-2011, 04:08 AM
there wasnt enough interaction with the people in ACB and i also think that we should have been able to interact with more buildings

what i couldnt understand was when ezio went into the hideout for example a loading screen popped up and i thought why couldnt he just open the door and walk in? its not like going into a building is like travelling through a portal into a different world!

KrYpToNiC95
05-08-2011, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
there wasnt enough interaction with the people in ACB and i also think that we should have been able to interact with more buildings

what i couldnt understand was when ezio went into the hideout for example a loading screen popped up and i thought why couldnt he just open the door and walk in? its not like going into a building is like travelling through a portal into a different world!

Exactly.... Lets have an action button where we just walk in and why don't they also make indoor shops. Conversations in the street where you can actually hear people talk, the average idiot waking around, kids playing games, guys asking you to attempt a game where they rip you off, brawls, a killing like the hermicists did in the Da Vinci Disappearance.

shobhit7777777
05-08-2011, 04:49 AM
Do you want the devs to spend time and money on making NPCs take shelter from the rain rather than improving the gameplay??

Here are some more reasons

1. The AC world is always populated with NPCs...the game takes into account hundreds of characters...as well as taking into account the calculations of a living bustling city..the physics of the main character and the environmental interaction. There is one CONTINOUS city in AC...in the Witcher the city/towns are far and few and are broken up by forests and plains....not much of a strain on the engine

2. Interaction...Witcher is an RPG. NPC interaction is key. Hence the emphasis on NPC immersion. AC also has a lot of emphasis on the crowd but more as a gameplay mechanic rather than a direct interaction

ChaosxNetwork
05-08-2011, 09:37 AM
What I think needs to be improved is the Audio. If you have seen the Battlefield 3 Fault Line Episode I (First third of the full 12min trailer) then you will know how amazing the city is due to the amazing way DICE do audio. It makes it feel vastly realistically.

Azugo
05-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
What I think needs to be improved is the Audio. If you have seen the Battlefield 3 Fault Line Episode I (First third of the full 12min trailer) then you will know how amazing the city is due to the amazing way DICE do audio. It makes it feel vastly realistically.

I'm not so sure. I mean, a game like Battlefield should sound amazingly realistic because you're hearing the sounds of war. Gun shots, choppers overhead, grenades exploding, jets flying by... All that stuff needs to sound good.

AC doesn't have these kinds of things going on. It's a quiet game, especially if you have the music turned off. All you really hear is swords clashing, people chatting, etc.. These kinds of things don't have the kind-of potential to sound the same way the things in Battlefield do.