PDA

View Full Version : Tips for online B-17, Pe-8 pilots

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 07:48 PM
S!

Been seeing a lot of 4 eng. bombers in DF servers lately, and that's great, you bomber pilots deserve a big Salute!

I see a lot of attempts by bomber pilots in doing evasive maneuvers such as jinking, sissors, and even split-Ss!! IMO these maneuvers do *not* help, in fact it makes things much more difficult for your gunners, therefore ultimately making it easier to shoot you down (from the 6 oclock). If you want to throw off your attackers aim, use shallow climbing and diving moves (i.e. vertical), this allows maximum effect of your gunners and helps keep the fighter right where he is worst off: your 6'oclock /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

S!

SKULLS_LZ

Solutions For A Small Bandit

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 07:48 PM
S!

Been seeing a lot of 4 eng. bombers in DF servers lately, and that's great, you bomber pilots deserve a big Salute!

I see a lot of attempts by bomber pilots in doing evasive maneuvers such as jinking, sissors, and even split-Ss!! IMO these maneuvers do *not* help, in fact it makes things much more difficult for your gunners, therefore ultimately making it easier to shoot you down (from the 6 oclock). If you want to throw off your attackers aim, use shallow climbing and diving moves (i.e. vertical), this allows maximum effect of your gunners and helps keep the fighter right where he is worst off: your 6'oclock /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

S!

SKULLS_LZ

Solutions For A Small Bandit