PDA

View Full Version : One Thing That Ruined The Game For Me

Aragorn008
01-07-2010, 11:19 PM
There is one thing in the game that ruined it for me, and that is, how it's in the future. There making AC3 and I hope it WONT be in the future, even though it would probably make sense for it to be in the future. That's why I think it would've been better if it was just kept in the present time,not going in the Animus. I am not sure when AC3 is coming out though.

Joshuajr2010
01-07-2010, 11:45 PM
I thought that was kind of interesting, personally.

Bampire
01-08-2010, 12:08 AM
I concur with Josh on this one.

Abeonis
01-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Aragorn008:
There is one thing in the game that ruined it for me, and that is, how it's in the future. There making AC3 and I hope it WONT be in the future, even though it would probably make sense for it to be in the future. That's why I think it would've been better if it was just kept in the present time,not going in the Animus. I am not sure when AC3 is coming out though.

Although technically, you are correct that 2012 is in the future, its not at all distant, and can easily be considered the present really.

Also, from reading your post I don't think you know what the Animus is/does, it allows the user to access the genetic memories of peoples' ancestors, from the past.

Plus, if you played the first game when it came out I refuse to believe that the whole sci-fi/future aspect that was being hinted at was not in anyway responsible for you purchasing the game.

Fenro
01-08-2010, 01:42 AM
I was a bit ammazed when AC1 revealed to be actualy half SCI-FI oriented, but then again im a sucker when it comes to conspiracy theories and such, so it was more of an plesant suprise for me :P

And AC2 definetly had to continue where the first one left off.. no doubt about it.

and i personaly hope the third instalment has more futuristic action, ofcourse the main focus should always be historical visits through the animus

filmaddict41
01-08-2010, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the spoiler alert.

Fenro
01-08-2010, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by filmaddict41:

For the defence of the original poster, its pretty common knowledge that the game takes place through animus in the future, if you have read any and i mean ANY review of this game it will pop up in the first few columns.

Joshuajr2010
01-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by filmaddict41:

I thought they showed that in the first five minutes of the game, right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

itsamea-mario
01-08-2010, 02:59 AM
well its very likely the game will be released in 2012, so it will actually be set in the present when its released.

Aragorn008
01-08-2010, 03:34 AM
Well I mostly play my 2nd character who is 29 and just free roams, in the 3rd one I would just free roam, wouldn't care if I was in the future, why did I post this? lol When AC3 comes out I am not going to beat it, just going to free roam at 20- something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif That's what I do now anyway

BeckettMiyamoto
01-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Its in the sci fi bible that whenever some conspiracy plot takes action, its always in the future. But that's what makes it awesome, if in far away future, technology can be whatever the hell the creators want it to be. If its in distant future, such as AC1,2,3 It's usually an explanation of either whats gonna end with what we've done, or its just something that;; happen by itself. Anyway, the whole Abstergo thing started around 2005 (if you read lucy's emails in AC1, lol stalker xD) so that means it kinda is present. Crap now i forget where I was going with this lol.