PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember 3-way dogfight server? USA vs Germany vs USSR

HayateAce
02-28-2008, 03:30 AM
It's been years, but there was a fun server on HL once that had 3 different bases with BLUE (Germany) RED (USSR) and ORANGE (USA) teams. Seems like the blues had two bases, and even some Japanese planes were flown out of the second base.

Oddly enough, I got the biggest kick out of taking up the P51 and hunting for Yaks and La's. Russian planes are way more susceptible to the browning M2 than are German.

Anyway, was good clean fun.

Bewolf
02-28-2008, 03:35 AM
Yepp, that was fun. And noways one could do it with 5 bases. US, USSR, UK, Germany and Japan. Interesting combat for sure.

general_kalle
02-28-2008, 03:39 AM
never tried it but it sounded fun.

what about British - American - Russian - Dutch - German - Italian/Rumanian - Japanese.

everyone for themselves.

in a 1941 planeset so the dutch buffalo stood a chance.

Billy_BigBoy
02-28-2008, 04:17 AM
I've been on a server with for different forces. Plane set was the same though, no particular nations.
But it is fun to do. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Capt.LoneRanger
02-28-2008, 05:32 AM
Yeah, there were many servers with similar settings when I started playing the original IL2-online.

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-28-2008, 07:12 AM
T'was fun and interesting...though, back then, there wasn't much coordination and it was mainly quake-style servers that ran such settings.

ElAurens
02-28-2008, 04:26 PM
BlitzPig_Gemini used to host such a map.

Was quite popular for a while.

HotelBushranger
02-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Sigh, all this talk of online play reminds me of my online days; its been over 2 years since I've been online (or even played Il-2 at all) - mainly because of real life commitments but also I suppose because I get shoddy speeds, and still haven't got 46 or even the Pe-2 addon.

Ah well, was good while it lasted http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif