PDA

View Full Version : Interesting note on a glyph I found :) SPOILERS PEOPLE!!!!!!***

godsmack_darius
11-24-2009, 10:10 PM
K, well. It was on one of the glyphs were you use infer-red, and spot certain things. Well as I was doing that, I noticed weird numbers on the picture I was looking at when the infer-red square moved over i (not all over the picture, just certain spots)

With the exception of a few letters, it was weird, anyone else see this anmd any coments?

drfeelgood8849
11-24-2009, 10:11 PM
lol. "infer-red" It's infrared.

godsmack_darius
11-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Shush you :P

Its 12:13 here, cut me some slack http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MODS!! He wwent of topic!

Trace007
11-24-2009, 10:24 PM
I actually took time to decipher some of the codes in the glyphs.

The one in the Tesla picture said, "He used it to develop a bottomless source of energy." Then it says, "Telefunken Wireless Station."

I looked up Telefunken on wikipedia, and found out that it's an old electric company (basically), and when they built their wire towers, Tesla oversaw the construction.

There was another code, but I can't find the paper I wrote in on.

To decipher, for example, there will be A=C. Just rewrite the alphabet, and then underneath that again, but start at C. From there, you can decipher the codes.

Like this:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
YZABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWX

godsmack_darius
11-24-2009, 10:27 PM
So what is actually deciphered

And the one I saw was ALL numbers

Trace007
11-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Ah, the numbers one. I hadn't done that one, but I'm sure I'll take the time to decipher it on my second playthrough.

godsmack_darius
11-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Ill see what I can do too

Xm3buX
11-24-2009, 11:36 PM
I tried to translate a binary one, but I forgot to put the spaces and I couldn't be bothered to do it all again with the spaces http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

BigBadWolf7
11-25-2009, 03:55 AM
I solved a bunch of them so far.

The first, was a list of hex assembly, looked like this:
41 6e 74 69 6b 79 74
68 65 72 61....

After converting it to ASCII text, it reads:
"Antikythera Mechanism' much older than 150 B.C.E."
Its a mechanical calculator used to calculate astronomical positions.

The next one was a bunch of binary code, looked like:

There were two images each with a set of code in them. When converted to ASCII again, it read "17 July, 1918" which is the date of the death of Joan of Arc.

The second image read "30 May, 1431". The Bolsheviks executed the Romanov family on this date.

Next. I found some morse code. After solving one of the glyph puzzles, there was a line of code at the bottom of the screen. I copied it down, it looked like this:
- . -- .--. .-.. .- .-. and so on

This translated to:
"Templar texts adapted by Men. Smith"

The Men. part of the code messed me up a bit, im still unsure about it.

I found the ones Trace007 wrote, which i got the same thing on.

Theres a second batch of Morse code which read:
"They used it to make Tesla go insane. The organization took his research. Alien property custodian office."

There was another bit of words that used the shifted alphabet, it origionaly read:
AOL KVBISL
DHZ RPSSLK
PU AOL
IBURLY

And too the right of that A=H

This translates to "The double was killed in the bunker"

Theres one more i found, which i havent been able to decode yet. Its made up of some weird text, glyphs almost, that i cant type out. Maybe more on this one later.

And finally, at the end of The Truth movie theres some binary that flashes real fast:

This converts to "EDEN"

Hopfully theres more to come. I think these are fun.

ek1356
11-25-2009, 10:30 AM
^ Really Nice job! I think the glyph-puzzles should be investigated thoroughly. There are some interesting stuff, that could point out the direction of the next game.

ps. Here's a correction to BigBadWolf7's dates: Joan of Arc Died in May 30, 1431 and the bolsheviks executed the Romanovs in July 17, 1918.

SemperAtheos
11-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Trace007:

To decipher, for example, there will be A=C. Just rewrite the alphabet, and then underneath that again, but start at C. From there, you can decipher the codes.

Like this:

I decyphered it, but it all came out as gibberish. I thought it might have been Hebrew at first, but there are words without any vowels. I guess I did it wrong. :/

Everard
12-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Semper- I get

"He used it to develop a botomless source of energy telefunken wireless station."

with W= T no V=T for it to make sense...

Assassino37
12-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by SemperAtheos:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trace007:

Like this:

I decyphered it, but it all came out as gibberish. I thought it might have been Hebrew at first, but there are words without any vowels. I guess I did it wrong. :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, and I did it in that exact way. Pretty hard to mess it up that bad... must have been something else he did.

awais.x
12-02-2009, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by BigBadWolf7:
Next. I found some morse code. After solving one of the glyph puzzles, there was a line of code at the bottom of the screen. I copied it down, it looked like this:
- . -- .--. .-.. .- .-. and so on

This translated to:
"Templar texts adapted by Men. Smith"

The Men. part of the code messed me up a bit, im still unsure about it. I checked it out, it's "Mr. Smith", which would make sense, because it quotes from The Pearl of Great Price, The Book of Moses, written by Joseph Smith,

"29 And Satan said unto Cain: Swear unto me by thy throat, and if thou tell it thou shalt die; and swear thy brethren by their heads, and by the living God, that they tell it not; for if they tell it, they shall surely die; and this that thy father may not know it; and this day I will deliver thy brother Abel into thine hands. 30 And Satan sware unto Cain that he would do according to his commands. And all these things were done in secret.
31 And Cain said: Truly I am Mahan, the master of this great secret, that I may murder and get gain. Wherefore Cain was called Master Mahan, and he gloried in his wickedness."

The bolded part was left out from the game's quoting of these verses.