PDA

View Full Version : WHY THE LONG CREDITS!!!!!!!???????

M-dahaka
03-18-2011, 06:32 AM
SERIOUSLY????

I just finished the game, and the credits start rolling... After looking for a way to skip them and not finding one, I decided to sit them through. after 12 MINUTES!!!!!! I started getting annoyed, so I tried quitting the game and hoping that would skip it. What did I find out? I HAVE TO RESTART THE WHOLE LAST PART AGAIN + THE LONG *** CREDITS?????

Srsly, I'm not the angry type, but this is the worst thing in a game I've ever seen! What's up with the forced credits anyway? Sure, I think credits are part of a game and they should be in there, but MAKE THEM SKIPABLE!!! Let me ask you, has anyone ever fully read the credits of any game?? Are you gonna remember every name in that credits? No, you're not, and if you're the type of guy who loves watching the credits, then make them something in you can access in the menu, not something forced upon the gamer.

Fix this ubisoft, you fixed it in the last game by making the credits playable (which acknowledges the fact that ubisoft knows nobody reads the credits).

Abeonis
03-18-2011, 06:51 AM
Erm, it's the credits? Of course they can't be skipped. Every person who contributed towards the making, distribution, marketing, basically everybody who made the game possible, deserves to have their name shown on the credits without kiddies like you crying over a precious fifteen minutes of your life being lost.

Don't want to watch them? Go get a drink, you don't HAVE to sit there staring at the screen. Just be thankful the credits aren't posted at the beginning of the game.

M-dahaka
03-18-2011, 07:22 AM
That's not the point... Imagine that if you buy a computer, and you start it up, you get to sit there and watch a 15 minutes long list of people who helped create all the parts in that computer.

I never said the credits shouldn't be in there, I'm just saying, NOBODY reads them, why force a 15 minutes list of people nobody reads? When you go buy a toaster in a store, do you get a list of everyone who helped make that toaster? No, it only says the company who made it, that's all it should say, if the product is good, you're gonna remember the company who made it, not everyone who made the game.

And don't call me a kiddie, I was angry when i wrote that post, i'm sorry about that, and clearly you haven't read my entire post.

ScytheOfGrim
03-18-2011, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
Erm, it's the credits? Of course they can't be skipped. Every person who contributed towards the making, distribution, marketing, basically everybody who made the game possible, deserves to have their name shown on the credits without kiddies like you crying over a precious fifteen minutes of your life being lost.

Don't want to watch them? Go get a drink, you don't HAVE to sit there staring at the screen. Just be thankful the credits aren't posted at the beginning of the game.

Most games let you skip the credits.

He's right, in any case. It was a stupid design choice from Ubisoft. Credits are just like any other cutscene: you should be able to skip them.

BioPulse.ps3
03-18-2011, 07:41 AM
well after all the ac games i feel like the credits serve as a cool down period. you have great background music and a few minutes to re evaluate the entier game, especially the endings.

ILIKESOUP94
03-18-2011, 07:45 AM
Wanna complain about credits? Play Metal Gear Solid 4. lol

Mr_Shade
03-18-2011, 08:31 AM
I know a certain other forum manager who had her name on the credits of Splinter Cell..

If I had my name on Brotherhoods, I would ban people trying to skip them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

In all serous - on a personal note, It's like film making, the people making the game, should have a few minutes of your time - due to all of the hard work they put into the game? if you don't want to read them, make a few cups of tea .. or a fruit cake? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SteelCity999
03-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
I know a certain other forum manager who had her name on the credits of Splinter Cell..

If I had my name on Brotherhoods, I would ban people trying to skip them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

In all serous - on a personal note, It's like film making, the people making the game, should have a few minutes of your time - due to all of the hard work they put into the game? if you don't want to read them, make a few cups of tea .. or a fruit cake? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I have no problem with recognising those that actually developed the game and worked on it, however, I do have a problem with there being ersons that realy had nothing to do with the making of the game having their name in the credits and being made to watch them. Sony is bad at this, as sometimes you have to watch not only the studios crdits but then watch all of the Sony executives that sit on their butts and push paper and make decision anyone with half-a-brain could make. The people that make the game deserve the credit.

Although, Ubi does sort of make you watch it anyway (regardless of a skip feature that could be included) because their has been information in the credits that are teasers....

Mr. Shade....fruit cake??....seriously lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

persiateddy95
03-18-2011, 08:49 AM
I remember TFS also had pretty long credits, and I actually read it all...

Geinref
03-18-2011, 09:21 AM
To be honest I love watching credits to anything, mostly video games. Usually they always pick awesome music to go with them and like Biopulse.PS3 said, it gives you time to take in all that has happened in the game. Trust me after playing the AC games, i find myself thinking about the story and everything that has happened when im watching the credits.

The longest credits i have seen on a video game have to b from sonic unleashed (360) and the chronicles of rid**** / dark athena game. Seriously the credits to that game is so dang long the music actually stops playing after awhile. Good thing though in that one u can skip the credits.

Chariflame
03-18-2011, 10:45 AM
I think it's a bit unfair to say that "NOBODY reads them"... Also not taking the time to listen to the great medley of ACII/B music in the Brotherhood credits it something I'd be more inclined to complain about on my part. :P

Again, nobody is forcing you to watch them. You could of left the screen for a little while. Those people deserve to have their names shown, and it's also somewhat unfair to say some people do not deserve it, you don't know their level of input do you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Chill out, waiting a little while for the credits to pass is nothing to fire up on online forums about.
(Also in the case of ACI/II and partially in Brotherhood, you got some treats in the credits in the ways of dialogue or bonus scenes.)

M-dahaka
03-18-2011, 11:25 AM
All of you have very valid points, and again, sorry for being so mad about it in my first post lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I agree, it's good that the people who made the game get some credit, but again, I know only 2 industries who do all this: movies and games... My parents make bread (is the term bakers?), but they have alot of employees, it would be kind of silly if they said "could you put my name on that pie, I worked hard on that, I would like some credit". They get money for what they do already...
@Mr_shade, i'm sorry, the truth is, MOST (not all) just go get something to drink and when they return the credits are over... In my oppinion, credits are a waste of time. If someone is REALLY interested in who made the game possible, they would just do some research (internet, or just in the game menu somewhere).

And for those of you who say "the music is awesome during credits", yes, you're right, but the music in ACB credits was the same as the AC2 time trail music http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

RebeccaLH
03-18-2011, 01:03 PM
I dont have a problem with the credits its not like your forced to sit and watch them.
Either way whoever made contributions to the game should be recognised.

Ass4ssin8me
03-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Biopulse.PS3:
well after all the ac games i feel like the credits serve as a cool down period. you have great background music and a few minutes to re evaluate the entier game, especially the endings.

I agree. It really sets the mood after the Cliff Hangers. Sometimes even the credits aren't long enough to get your head around them =P

AntiChrist7
03-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Go for a pee and a snack during the credits.

You really make a big deal out of nothing, besides, you couldn't skip the credits in AC and ACII either

Abeonis
03-19-2011, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

He's right, in any case. It was a stupid design choice from Ubisoft. Credits are just like any other cutscene: you should be able to skip them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, no, not really. Games don't usually let you skip the credits, at least not the first time they're shown. If you replay the game through to the end then perhaps, but thay're always compulsory at least once.

No, you shouldn't.

persiateddy95
03-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Or when they're used with gameplay, like AC2, they actually come in handy. Makes them look better. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

SWJS
03-19-2011, 04:15 PM
I love watching the credits, because not only do they list the names of the developers, but they also list the names of the voice actors, and even some of the names of songs. They're very informative.

SquarePolo27
03-19-2011, 04:21 PM
I made some cheese straws during the credits. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

swn32
03-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

He's right, in any case. It was a stupid design choice from Ubisoft. Credits are just like any other cutscene: you should be able to skip them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, no, not really. Games don't usually let you skip the credits, at least not the first time they're shown. If you replay the game through to the end then perhaps, but thay're always compulsory at least once.

No, you shouldn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^^ Hasn't played any other games.

Xanatos2007
03-19-2011, 09:57 PM
I could skip my credits just fine, but that's probably just me talking out of my superior PC arse. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

ScytheOfGrim
03-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by swn32:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:

^^ Hasn't played any other games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Obviously.

Masta_Pain
03-20-2011, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Biopulse.PS3:
well after all the ac games i feel like the credits serve as a cool down period. you have great background music and a few minutes to re evaluate the entier game, especially the endings. Exactly. Every time I finish an AC game i'm just lying there like "Holy crap that was amazing/what the hell did I just see" and it lets me contemplate the ending and appreciate the brilliant music.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
03-20-2011, 02:39 AM
well to be honest, the music is a reason why i enjoy the credits. but i neve read the full list shwoing the names of the people who helped to make such a great work. i know it is a lack of respect to those people, but i am not interested in reading the names, because it is boring t me. and if is true, it takes 12 minutes the credits, then it is too long. I can go take a drink, or do something else. But the thing is that i have to do that, because the credits are too long. if i watch a movie on dvd, when the movie ends, i push the stop-button and take the dvd disc out. i dont need to take a drink untill the credits of a movie are over and then i take the dvd out....

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Abeonis
03-20-2011, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by swn32:

^^ Hasn't played any other games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Obviously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the only games I have ever played in my entire life are the Assassin's Creed games...... *eye roll*

crash3
03-20-2011, 10:38 AM
just makethe credits more interesting to watch instead of a black background-have a video going on in the background that fits the music playing to the credits or show a presentation of some pics in the background that hint at wats comin next in the series

YeOldeSierra
03-20-2011, 11:55 AM
I actually had no problem with the credits in the game, having completed it last night. Considering the end to the game I think they worked as the 'downtime' that Abenois described them as being. The ending to Brotherhood made the credits feel suitable, because they did help to relax you after seeing the cliffhanger ending the game closes with. I didn't watch all of them either - I did some other stuff, and enjoyed the music that came with them, but I did not sit and read all of the names. I saw some of the names, but I didn't pay much attention.

I have no problem with credits in games, and I don't mind if they can't be skipped. For all the entertainment I derived from the game I have absolutely no problem with credits being used to recognise those responsible for crafting the experience I enjoyed.

Benny8787
03-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Masta_Pain:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Biopulse.PS3:
well after all the ac games i feel like the credits serve as a cool down period. you have great background music and a few minutes to re evaluate the entier game, especially the endings. Exactly. Every time I finish an AC game i'm just lying there like "Holy crap that was amazing/what the hell did I just see" and it lets me contemplate the ending and appreciate the brilliant music. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so basically you guys dont read it either. and boy it takes u over 10 minutes to think about the ending? ur slowness aside if all ur doing is sitting there listening to the music and "reflecting" why does that mean u shouldnt be able to skip it?

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
03-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Credits are very important. As someone who is an aspiring actor and director, I am understanding that. Why? Because everyone who takes part in creating something, be it a film or game, deserves recognition. Also, why the long credits? Because a lot of people helped in the making of the game and I mean a lot! They had to have a lot of people working on the game to get it done as fast as they could. All in all, credits are there to give thanks and recognition to the people who made it possible, so that when you beat the game and are thinking about wtf just happened, you can see the names of the people who made that entertaining story happen.

reaversimpson
04-03-2011, 06:57 AM
because alot of people helped make it.

ace3001
04-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I could skip my credits just fine, but that's probably just me talking out of my superior PC arse. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif I played the PC version too. Can't skip credits the first time around. On the second playthrough, however, credits were skippable, if I remember right. Or was that AC2, I'm not quite sure. Correct me if I'm wrong about subsequent playthroughs.

El_Sjietah
04-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Although I get the idea behind credits, the concept is flawed. Those names only mean something to a very select group of people. Most of us see some random names fly by, that's it. We still have no idea who the people are that made this game. And even if we do recognise a name, chances are there are a hundred more people that share that name, so again, it's meaningless.

If you really want to give people credit for making a game, use photos instead.

trueflyingsheep
04-03-2011, 10:35 AM
i think it would be a good idea not to show the translation teams/voice actors, etc. of languages you didnít play the game in.

nightfurie13
04-04-2011, 08:49 PM
when credits start rolling, i go for a BR break, lol.

those names are important in creating this really awesome game. thank you to all the people behind this. i'm sure they know that so it doesn't really matter much if you stay and watch the names roll by.

blackjep
03-04-2012, 11:41 AM
...., so I tried quitting the game and hoping that would skip it. What did I find out? I HAVE TO RESTART THE WHOLE LAST PART AGAIN + THE LONG *** CREDITS?????

:D I did the same (at least I restarted them at 2 mins) LOL!

but yeah the credits are annoying they should have at least the chance to fast forward them, as many other games, or do something interactive meanwhile like aiming and shooting flying targets
XD or give a reward for watch the entire film at normal speed

Gil_217
03-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Why are you resurrecting this old thread?

playassassins1
03-04-2012, 12:03 PM
I always watch the credits of AC Game, Cuz you never know when something important pops up in the end. Just like in Brotherhood.

pirate1802
03-04-2012, 12:19 PM

^This. I too do the same. And if anyone remembers the credits music of AC1. That was super awesome. The game ended with all those weird symbols in Desmond's room. We get a glance at them and then the credits roll. I was like wtf was that?! O.o with the rocking music playing in my mind...

I always watch the credits of AC Game, Cuz you never know when something important pops up in the end. Just like in Brotherhood.

Also this. Another game that has unpredictable credits is Dead Space. Pretty big info we got right at the end of Dead Space 2 credits. xD

ace3001
03-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Worse with The Lost Archive. It repeats the whole lot of Revelations credits as well. I keep staring at it cause I'm scared they'll show something at the end and I'll miss it. /FACEPALM

pirate1802
03-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Lol

Grazel69
03-04-2012, 03:29 PM
jezus christ you're whining about flippin credits?
they're in every game
I'm suprised alot of games even let you skip them
just do somthing else for those 12 minutes when those credits are rolling
go make yourself a sammich or something

ace3001
03-04-2012, 03:52 PM
they're in every game
go make yourself a sammich or somethingProblem is, AC tends to stick small story points within credits.

blackjep
03-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Why are you resurrecting this old thread?

sorry, XD but I just finished the ACR. and the credits were a pain D:
so I searched for an already open thread, and wasn't closed better than opening a new one... right ? XD

they're in every game
go make yourself a sammich or something

yes agree! was what I did xD I came to forum to complain about it, but was just add my opinion
and the game is full screen when you minimize the credits are paused so you won't lose a name

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Problem is, AC tends to stick small story points within credits.
Then that gives you a reason to watch them.

cliffgoat1
01-01-2013, 10:57 AM
All I gotta say is...RESURRECTION!!

Yeah I wish AC: Brotherhood would let you skip credits.

Mr_Shade
01-01-2013, 01:07 PM
All I gotta say is...RESURRECTION!!

Yeah I wish AC: Brotherhood would let you skip credits.
Please don't dig up old threads...