PDA

View Full Version : Japanese AA shot my chute !

Typ356
11-16-2004, 09:11 AM
I lost the F6F tail controls after a pass too close to the japanese base AA. I jumped and was hanging from the chute when the AA opened up on me again!! They could have been firing at anotehr place for all I know but they sure got me!! Ironically, when a round hit my pilot the hit sounded like an aircraft was hit (clang). The pilot was dead upon hitting the water.... Not nice ;-(

Still a great game, but it's got the most boring campaign ever... 90% of the ones I have tried on any side involve flying for 30 minutes each way for some action, or new missions are repeats of previous ones... I hope someone writes up a nice campaign if that's possible...

Typ356
11-16-2004, 09:11 AM
I lost the F6F tail controls after a pass too close to the japanese base AA. I jumped and was hanging from the chute when the AA opened up on me again!! They could have been firing at anotehr place for all I know but they sure got me!! Ironically, when a round hit my pilot the hit sounded like an aircraft was hit (clang). The pilot was dead upon hitting the water.... Not nice ;-(

Still a great game, but it's got the most boring campaign ever... 90% of the ones I have tried on any side involve flying for 30 minutes each way for some action, or new missions are repeats of previous ones... I hope someone writes up a nice campaign if that's possible...

AStotzer
11-16-2004, 09:19 AM
Last night, I had several B-17s shot down over their target, and several of the AA guns targeted them and shot several of them down. I was zoomed in on one guy in a chute, and all of the sudden another guy flys right past him, straight to the ground. Crunch! It was very cool.

AStotzer
11-16-2004, 09:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Typ356:
90% of the ones I have tried on any side involve flying for 30 minutes each way for some action <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just found out about the Time Compression feature. You have to assign a key to it in the Controls, but then I think it jumps you to the next action.

Da11en47
11-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Anyone ever been hit by a falling guy whose chute had been shot out? Did it do damage to your plane like normal chutes do?

georgeo76
11-16-2004, 09:56 AM
yea the AAA targets enemys under canopy, always has.

Rebel_Yell_21
11-16-2004, 10:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Typ356:
I hope someone writes up a nice campaign if that's possible... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
DCG (http://www.lowengrin.com/news.php) is the answer to your prayers regarding better offline campaigns. Paul Lowengrin is currently testing and preparing to release the first version that will start including PF elements. In a nutshell, everything is easily editable, pilots skills, kills, names, squadrons, skins, locations, number of a/c involved, the list goes on and on. It is very easy to use and light years beyond the standard campaigns in logic of missions and presentation.

NorrisMcWhirter
11-16-2004, 10:54 AM
Hi,

BUMP on the DCG.

I never really had much to do with it until I came utterly fed up with the 'thing' we have in PF but it seems to produce more varied, interesting (like not meeting the enemy head on at the same alt all the time etc) and easily configurable missions.....

I've also been impressed when people have used it for co-op mission generation.

I look forward to the v3.0 release.

Cheers,
Norris

PS: AAA has targetted chutes for as long as I can remember. Just make sure that if you did manage to escape them, you go back and pay them in FULL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Troll2k
11-16-2004, 11:48 AM
And the enemy AAA always gets you.

BlitzPig_Frat
11-16-2004, 12:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Da11en47:
Anyone ever been hit by a falling guy whose chute had been shot out? Did it do damage to your plane like normal chutes do? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, and when you hit them you will be in your chute shortly there after. If you are lucky... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Athosd
11-16-2004, 07:33 PM
The pilot was dead upon hitting the water.... Not nice ;-( <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better than being taken alive most likely.

Keep an eye out for community crafted fixed/branching campaigns - these can be particular good (IL2 series supports both dynamic and preset campaign types).

Charlie901
11-16-2004, 08:01 PM
I lost the F6F tail controls after a pass too close to the japanese base AA. I jumped and was hanging from the chute when the AA opened up on me again!! They could have been firing at anotehr place for all I know but they sure got me!! Ironically, when a round hit my pilot the hit sounded like an aircraft was hit (clang). The pilot was dead upon hitting the water.... Not nice ;-( <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL,....IIRC, during WWII the Japanese really didn't believe in surrendering, or the taking of prisoners, they thought it disgraceful.
So why would you expect their AAA gunners to behave differently? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LuftKuhMist
11-16-2004, 08:05 PM
EVERY AAA gunner behaves that way.

That's just stupid.

Athosd
11-16-2004, 08:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LuftKuhMist:

That's just stupid. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah - it is rather a waste of ammo. If the guy in the chute is in range it would likely be no biggy to send a patrol out to pick him up.

jazman777
11-16-2004, 10:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Da11en47:
Anyone ever been hit by a falling guy whose chute had been shot out? Did it do damage to your plane like normal chutes do? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hate FOD!

(foreign object damage, to the unknowing)

WTE_Dukayn
11-16-2004, 10:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LuftKuhMist:

That's just stupid. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, they should model differing personal opinions into the AAA gunner AI... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

WWMaxGunz
11-17-2004, 07:35 AM
I've known a B-29 crewmember for years now and one thing he told me was
that Japanese AAA did target parachutes.

It's stupid in the sim just because of FR drop, but it is historic in
this case.