PDA

View Full Version : Guards swimming?

EmperorxZurg
07-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey, if Ezio can swim through the canals does that mean the guards chasing him could do the same? Like if u dive in the water, are they just gonna stop and say "crap, why didn't I learn how to swim in Italy?" or are they going to dive in after u, like the light guard are supposed to chase on rooftops, y not in the canals

obliviondoll
07-23-2009, 05:38 PM
I hope so. They've mentioned with the different AI types one is supposed to be able to chase you almost anywhere, so probably.

Cornik22
07-23-2009, 05:50 PM
What If they can swim and chase you? What if you can fight with them while in the water? Iteresting questions...

Zackebacke
07-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Cornik22:
What If they can swim and chase you? What if you can fight with them while in the water? Iteresting questions...
Shouldn't you be knowing this? Or do you know, and confirm it in some weird way? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Luis-D
07-23-2009, 06:55 PM
I wonder what moves you would be able to do while fighting against a guard in the water or viceversa.

EmperorxZurg
07-23-2009, 07:04 PM
lol if he gets to close to u u might kick his face or something lol

ThePheonix1030
07-23-2009, 08:55 PM
I'd like to drown guards. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

habsman117
07-23-2009, 09:40 PM
i highly doubt it because it would be no fun having to turn around and kick a guard back every like 5 seconds so i hope not.

stealthero
07-23-2009, 09:52 PM
They wont, but they'll hunt you fiercely... they'll throw rocks at you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif [not sure... but it doesnt feels likely that they'll be swimming after youhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif]

L.Cie
07-23-2009, 10:48 PM
I've been discussing this with a couple e-buddies on another site's shoutbox. I'm thinking the guards may be able to swim to a certain extent, making it an efficient, but not perfect, escape route.

Iskander_Estel
07-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
Hey, if Ezio can swim through the canals does that mean the guards chasing him could do the same? Like if u dive in the water, are they just gonna stop and say "crap, why didn't I learn how to swim in Italy?" or are they going to dive in after u, like the light guard are supposed to chase on rooftops, y not in the canals

That's what i think, there is going to be a especific kind of guard who will be able to follow you in water, just like is someone who can follow you on rooftops (i think is going to be the same kind)

MeAltairLol
07-24-2009, 06:29 AM
I hope guards swim, but not as well as Ezio... kind of like when in AC the guards could chase you across rooftops, but couldn't climb buildings, only ladders.

Also, it'd be better if only the light guards can chase you into the water, but wouldn't jump after you if you do a leap of faith into the water, if you get me.

Xanatos2007
07-24-2009, 06:30 AM
If they do a Leap of Faith, you'd better move out of the way quickly!

xSpottyZebrax
07-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Also, it'd be better if only the light guards can chase you into the water, but wouldn't jump after you if you do a leap of faith into the water, if you get me.

Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
If they do a Leap of Faith, you'd better move out of the way quickly!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Yes I agree I think Ubisoft will leave us with at least one move no guards can repeat, the leap of faith would be a good example of this.

rame96
07-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Only unarmoured guards can swim anyway cause its not easy to swim in clothes let alone armour. I would guess only the light guards will be able to. Although from the E3 demo it looked like going underwater acted as a hide spot like a pile of hay so maybe they can't.

thekyle0
07-24-2009, 09:54 AM
If you didn't break the line of site then the dagger guards should chase you into the water. Unless you went in by a leap of faith, rather than hopping off of a dock. Other guards would through rocks at you.

Which leads me to ask, how did those guards find so many rocks in a city so easily?

Also, if the guards would follow you into the water, would the thieves do so as well?

MrNussbaum
07-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

That's what i think, there is going to be a especific kind of guard who will be able to follow you in water, just like is someone who can follow you on rooftops (i think is going to be the same kind) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope all guard types will jump in the water after you. Then when the heavily armored brutes jump in we can watch them sink like a stone.

Raide
07-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Plate Armour + Swimming = Gluggy Death.

thekyle0
07-24-2009, 10:48 AM
If brutes were dumb enough to jump in then I would just leap into the water and then climb out right away to get rid of them.

Way too easy.

MrNussbaum
07-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
If brutes were dumb enough to jump in then I would just leap into the water and then climb out right away to get rid of them.

Way too easy.

I know, I was joking more than anything.

Cornik22
07-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Other guards would throw rocks at you. Which leads me to ask, how did those guards find so many rocks in a city so easily?
Or maybe this time some of them throw you their weapons. Who knows? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Xanatos2007
07-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Lol, I'd throw a battle axe at someone if they tried climbing my house.

Seriously though, I think it'd be cool if the traceur guards threw their daggers at you if they could get a straight shot. Perhaps on harder difficulty levels?

thekyle0
07-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:

Way too easy.

I know, I was joking more than anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh, my bad. Not that I don't think it would be funny to see 3 seekers stop at the edge of a canal when the brute finally catches up and accidentally knocks all of them into the water. XD

metelhead_9000
07-24-2009, 05:59 PM
If you jump in from low ground then I think that lightly armored guards should swim after (if you don't break the line of sight before jumping in) but heavier ones should just run along the sides or maybe hop in a gondala.

then they could swing weapons at you and you could disarm them then come up on the other side of the boat and plant it in the back of thier head, or other cool stuff like that.

thekyle0
07-24-2009, 06:35 PM
It is very hard to do that from the water with a very heavy weapon in your hand.

Zackebacke
07-25-2009, 06:37 AM
If you swim under water, the line of sight will be broken... Right?

thekyle0
07-25-2009, 08:14 AM
If they see you swim under, then no. they would probably just stick around until you pop back up.

obliviondoll
07-25-2009, 09:25 AM
So you swim underwater, and pop up somewhere out of line of sight.

It'd break line of sight, but it wouldn't make you instantly anonymous.

Edengoth
07-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by MeAltairLol:
I hope guards swim, but not as well as Ezio... kind of like when in AC the guards could chase you across rooftops, but couldn't climb buildings, only ladders.

Also, remember the tutorial for AC1? It was a big thing that you could run slightly faster than the guards if you sprint, even aside from your climbing abilities that they lack. It stands to reason that you can swim a little faster, too?

Altaezio
07-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Remember Ezio can Only Swim for a While! until he Needs Oxygen, soooo

EmperorxZurg
07-27-2009, 08:53 PM
that's underwater, he can still swim above water for as long as ever

godsmack_darius
07-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Lol you have a little guard chasing in the water, and you have a little splashing fight with him

EmperorxZurg
07-27-2009, 10:38 PM
lol ha! splashed u in the face! u can't see now! {dive underwater and swim away so he thinks ur trying to shank from below, just like Jaws}

Danvish
07-28-2009, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
lol ha! splashed u in the face! u can't see now! {dive underwater and swim away so he thinks ur trying to shank from below, just like Jaws}

Lol! and you have a new faction! The DOS! Dolphins and Sharks! Led by Flipper and the shark from Jaws!
If you give them fish, the dolphins can carry you away and the sharkes will eat the guards!

Airadan
07-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Lol! and you have a new faction! The DOS! Dolphins and Sharks! Led by Flipper and the shark from Jaws!
If you give them fish, the dolphins can carry you away and the sharkes will eat the guards!

hahahahaahahhahahahahahahahhaahhahaaha hehe dat funny http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Eli.be
07-28-2009, 03:23 PM
And what would happen if you come out of the water. Does the fact that you are wet effect your fighting/navigation skills.

ps. when is a moderator gone give us some answers 'cause we could speculate like this for ever.

godsmack_darius
07-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Welcome to the forums Eli.be go to the link below for questions on the games new fetures, and storyline etc,

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...024/m/1181054957/p/1 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1181054957/p/1)

eZpiri2
07-28-2009, 11:03 PM
I hope only the light armored guys can swim, if everyone can swim, it would be like a brute guard chasing you across roof tops without tiring themselves

Danvish
07-29-2009, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by eZpiri2:
I hope only the light armored guys can swim, if everyone can swim, it would be like a brute guard chasing you across roof tops without tiring themselves

As Raide said: "You can't swim well with a plate armor" (or was it a producer? can't remember). Anyway, it should give you sufficient knowledge to understand who will be able to swim.

dakota94
07-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Hmmm, Well if you think about it, the class of enemy that can free run with you, i think there called the "Agile" class, i would think that they were the only class that could swim with you too

obliviondoll
07-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by dakota94:
Hmmm, Well if you think about it, the class of enemy that can free run with you, i think there called the "Agile" class, i would think that they were the only class that could swim with you too
That's logical. And Assassin's Creed is nothing if not logical.

*coughcoughspeakingwithimpaledthroatcoughcough*

Sorry. I'm still getting over a bit of a cold.

Danvish
07-30-2009, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dakota94:
That's logical. And Assassin's Creed is nothing if not logical.

*coughcoughspeakingwithimpaledthroatcoughcough*

Sorry. I'm still getting over a bit of a cold. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

H1N1 eh? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

obliviondoll
07-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Danvish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Sorry. I'm still getting over a bit of a cold.

H1N1 eh? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope. Common cold. I've only had influenza three times, and all three were within a week after getting vaccinated against it.