PDA

View Full Version : Anyone besides me think the P-38L Late was neutered a little in 4.03?

Iron_Hand1
02-14-2006, 07:57 AM
It seems like it is a little slower at sea level, 460 kmh now vs. 480kmh sustained. Also seems like it takes longer to get it up to speed, and like it bleeds E faster.
Anyone else notice this? Was it wrong before? I didn't see anything in the readme, opinions please.

S~

Brain32
02-14-2006, 08:13 AM
I tested P38L late at the deck and it was 595Km/h TAS, I don't know how did you get 460-80 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
Did not fly it much so I can't comment acceleration and E-bleed...

Iron_Hand1
02-14-2006, 08:49 AM
LOL, Sorry brain I didn't give all the details. Thanks for the response.
First of all I am by no means an expert on what the correct numbers should be, so please excuse any gafs.
I left out a little info, the speeds I gave were with a loadout of rockets and 2 500lb bombs. My normal speed on the deck in the 38late without the loadout were about 520-530 kmh before the newest patch, that is taking off and flying low up to speed without any climbing and diving, usually running at about 85 prop pitch and 90 throttle. I am not the best with CEM and I'm sure others can to better.
However, after 4.03 I cannot do the same thing I was doing before and get to the same speeds, now I run about 490-510, doing exactly the same things. So basically I was wondering if anyone else was having the same type of experience. This was not meant as a criticism, of 4.03, I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same things in the 38late.

S~