PDA

View Full Version : Sony Pictures possibly taking the rights to an Assassin's Creed Movie

ShaneO7K
10-20-2011, 08:49 AM
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1...ed_movie_rights.html (http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1100193/sony_pictures_closing_in_on_assassins_creed_movie_ rights.html)

If they do end up getting the rights I really hope they do it right and don't mess the full thing up.

hrhtom
10-20-2011, 08:55 AM
ACE

i am hoping for a highly polished cartoon like embers

rather than a lineage type film

ShaneO7K
10-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by hrhtom:
ACE

i am hoping for a highly polished cartoon like embers

rather than a lineage type film

Would always prefer CGI similar to the trailers but I'll gladly watch any kind of AC movie.

scout455
10-20-2011, 09:20 AM
I hope they start at the beginning of the assassin time line or at least start with Altair.I would like to know the origin.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by scout455:
I hope they start at the beginning of the assassin time line or at least start with Altair.I would like to know the origin.
I think we might find out something about that in ACR.

souNdwAve89
10-20-2011, 09:57 AM
I am optimistic for an AC movie because Ubisoft themselves will have a hand and say in the production of the movie.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm still not sure whether I'd like an AC movie. I might like it, I might not. I'll see when they release a trailer.

dave93vert
10-20-2011, 10:07 AM
i didnt think i would like a thor movie, but i did. same with all the superhero movies, i likes them. i cant wait to see this in the movies, def has to be more than one part though

dex3108
10-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Movie industry need evolution. Today we have movies that are more CG effects than movie, so why not make movie that is completely CG. AC movie would also need many CF effects so why they don't make it completely CG. When somebody today tells that it goes to watch animated movie everybody thinks that is for kids. Why than AC movie wouldn't be some kind of evolution. I am sure that AC CG movie would make new standards.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by woodexx:
Movie industry need evolution. Today we have movies that are more CG effects than movie, so why not make movie that is completely CG. AC movie would also need many CF effects so why they don't make it completely CG. When somebody today tells that it goes to watch animated movie everybody thinks that is for kids. Why than AC movie wouldn't be some kind of evolution. I am sure that AC CG movie would make new standards.
I might like that since they could keep the same voice actors if they cover the same people as in (some of) the games, but wouldn't that be very expensive to make?

ShaneO7K
10-20-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by woodexx:
I might like that since they could keep the same voice actors if they cover the same people as in (some of) the games, but wouldn't that be very expensive to make? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It definetly would, but I think it would be the best option without removing the feel of AC. That's just my opinion though.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by woodexx:
I might like that since they could keep the same voice actors if they cover the same people as in (some of) the games, but wouldn't that be very expensive to make? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It definetly would, but I think it would be the best option without removing the feel of AC. That's just my opinion though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I'll decide whether I'm excited about this when the trailer comes out or maybe if we get some information about what exactly it'll be about (the setting, etc.).

kriegerdesgottes
10-20-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm worried about an AC movie being made. We all saw what they did to the poor prince of persia. I don't think there is a way to make a live action movie based on a video game really good. I think it would have to be CG. Didn't Ubisoft also say they were going to partner with someone to make their own movies as long as they still had control over the story?

lukaszep
10-20-2011, 10:59 AM
As long as they don't turn one of the existing/up-coming games into a film it will be good. That way if it sucks we can pretend it doesn't exist, if it's good we can love it and have a cool new character and story.

dave93vert
10-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Desmond - Jake Gyllenhaal (prince of persia)
Minerva - Sigourney Weaver
Eve - Michele levesque

thats what i would cast for an AC film

LightRey
10-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
As long as they don't turn one of the existing/up-coming games into a film it will be good. That way if it sucks we can pretend it doesn't exist, if it's good we can love it and have a cool new character and story.
xD
Just like with Star Wars episode 1 through 3-I mean, that's a good idea!

ShaneO7K
10-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by dave93vert:
Desmond - Jake Gyllenhaal (prince of persia)
Minerva - Sigourney Weaver
Eve - Michele levesque

thats what i would cast for an AC film

Wouldn't really cast them in my opinion, but I don't really understand why you have someone casted as Eve when she has only appeared in one clip.

dex3108
10-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Sure it would be expensive but every evolution is expensive http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

lukaszep
10-20-2011, 11:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:
xD
Just like with Star Wars episode 1 through 3-I mean, that's a good idea! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Precisely http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

@dave93vert I don't understand WHY you would want Jake Gyllenhaal as Desmond? I think Wentworth Miller would be a better Des.

bakerrossera
10-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Good to see ubisoft is trying to keep some creative control hopefully it will keep it from ending up like most video game movies. I wonder if the movies will follow desmond's story or have a whole new character. As cool as it would be to see AC1 AC2 ACB and ACR on the big screen it might be better creatively to go with a new storyline.

ShaneO7K
10-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by bakerrossera:
Good to see ubisoft is trying to keep some creative control hopefully it will keep it from ending up like most video game movies. I wonder if the movies will follow desmond's story or have a whole new character. As cool as it would be to see AC1 AC2 ACB and ACR on the big screen it might be better creatively to go with a new storyline.

Although I would love to see the characters from the games in a movie, It may be a good idea to go like the comic and step into unmarked territory so they don't have too much restrictions.

SleezeRocker
10-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Hmm...we'll see...hope they don't screw it up..or will...be Very....Dissapointed...VERY...

joelsantos24
10-20-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm not surprised with this, it was only a matter of time, I suppose. I welcome it, I always wanted to see Splinter Cell and Assassin's on the big screen, and always believed both series would be perfect for it. I do hope Ubisoft ends up getting more creative control over it, because the Prince of Persia movie was good but very dissapointing at different levels.

souNdwAve89
10-20-2011, 02:35 PM
There was a similar thread on this topic and I posted that I do not believe an AC movie will be based on Desmond's story. They will do what they did to the Prince of Persia movie, which was use the game's elements while creating a whole new story. If anything, an AC movie could be about another character during the time of Desmond's life. They could have a story within the story such as another assassin is reliving his or her ancestor's memories that could have related or got into contact with one of Desmond's ancestors.

I would LOVE to see an animated CGI movie such as the E3 trailers, but it is very expensive and time consuming to create at that high of quality. They could reduce the amount of details and such to save money. If they were to make it like Embers, then it is possible of course.

Blind2Society
10-20-2011, 02:49 PM
I only read the thread title and this (http://nooooooooooooooo.com/) is what I thought. Story quality will most certainly be lost.

Azugo
10-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Skeptical...

LightRey
10-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I only read the thread title and this (http://nooooooooooooooo.com/) is what I thought. Story quality will most certainly be lost.
Well if the story in the movie is only remotely connected to the main games, then it could work.

ShaneO7K
10-20-2011, 03:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Well if the story in the movie is only remotely connected to the main games, then it could work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe relating to Daniel Cross in some way?

LightRey
10-20-2011, 03:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Well if the story in the movie is only remotely connected to the main games, then it could work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe relating to Daniel Cross in some way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe, but I don't like him.

lukaszep
10-20-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't think Daniel Cross's story would suit a movie. Especially as you would need to know a tonne of background information on the AC universe from the games to understand the story, and an AC movie that has to waste time explaining everything wouldn't be a very good one, when an audience can learn everything from a new perspective and new character, similar to Ezio.
They have to whole of history to mess around with, no matter how good the games are, i see no reason why Ubisoft would want to repeat themselves.

Also, if Sony Pictures were to buy the rights to AC, they would want to create something new. By turning a game into a movie they are obligated to follow the entire cannon, which means they can't mess with the story at all, (Ubisoft wouldn't let them even if they could). The studio would want to create a franchise that would be their own part of AC.

naran6142
10-20-2011, 03:25 PM
as long as ubi stays in control of the story, it could work out

when ever an already existing story is tryed to be made into a movie, they always end up cramming everything into the movie and ruins the story

kinda like the dragon ballz movie or the last airbender

xx-pyro
10-20-2011, 03:51 PM
I think it's a great idea either way. People need to stop treating the possible movie as a negative thing because it can't tell Altair's/Desmond's/Ezio's story in 2-3 hours.

Treat them as separate things, enjoy the games for what they are, and the movie for what it is, and you will end up a lot happier http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Sure, I'd love the movie to be a representation of their stories, but the fact is I'd probably enjoy a movie based off of AC just as much.

S.V.
10-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Hope so

Blind2Society
10-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
People need to stop treating the possible movie as a negative thing because it can't tell Altair's/Desmond's/Ezio's story in 2-3 hours.
I'm just curious, who said it wouldn't be good if it wasn't about Desmond/Altair/Ezio?

GeneralTrumbo
10-20-2011, 07:18 PM
http://www.worstpreviews.com/h...php?id=23158&count=0 (http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=23158&count=0)

Its true. This sounds really exciting! Can't wait!!!!!

Agentbarto
10-20-2011, 07:21 PM
All I have to say Ubi, is please don't let it turn out like POP. Let's face it, it didn't look interesting. In fact, give the film to someone like Nolan or Abrams.

Also I hope they don't take too much "creative liberty" with it since they have a pretty adaptable version already, mainly because it's not too hard to suspend belief with the games.

kudos17
10-20-2011, 07:41 PM
I would hope it's in CGI. Live-action would feel a bit cheesy to extremely cheesy, depending on how they did it.

I mean, look at the AC:B trailer then look at Lineage. Y'know?

That said, with a strong director and cast, I think a live-action could be awesome. The only downside is losing the voice-actors. And nobody replaces Roger Craig Smith. Nobody.

ace3001
10-20-2011, 08:12 PM
If it isn't done by UbiWorkshop, it's gonna be crap. :/

Mr-Assassino
10-20-2011, 08:17 PM
My ideal AC movie would be CGI exactly like the AC/AC2/ACB/ACR E3 trailers. That would be very awesome.

Sarari
10-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Has anyone seen the movie Beowulf? If you have, that's how they should make the movie graphic wise.

If they made a real life person movie of AC it'd be screwed up. They might find people that look like the characters but the accents would be off, especially for Ezio. A lot of people can do Altair's accent, and anyone can do Desmond.

Jexx21
10-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Any Assassin's Creed movie will most likely not be based on the game.

UbiSoft said before that they want to keep the different entertainment mediums relatively separate. Of course, they said that mostly to Daniel Cross appearing in a game, but I think that also applies to movies.

I just see them introducing a different character and setting for a movie, and not pulling it from the game. So in that way it would be great to have it be live-action, especially if it's more of a 1980's-modern setting.

Biomedical-Fire
10-20-2011, 09:56 PM
If Sony gets a hold of it, they'll ruin it just like they done with Resident Evil. They will get a mediocre writer to write the story and script, get a mediocre director to direct the movie. It might have a chance if Steven Spielberg or George Lucas does the movie.

Blind2Society
10-20-2011, 10:27 PM
I honestly have tried to forget those movies even existed, and I was successful until I read your post.

Biomedical-Fire
10-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I honestly have tried to forget those movies even existed, and I was successful until I read your post. Sorry B2S, when I seen that Sony was considering making the movie, I had to bring it up. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Blind2Society
10-21-2011, 12:02 AM
It's for the best, less everyone forget how they botched that up. The worst part was, every subsequent movie was worse than the one that came before. Those movies should have been sophisticated survival horror movies. But instead were mindless, shoot em' up, bullet time, giant explosion ridden disasters.

Oh and those little love stories thrown in were absolutely atrocious.

SleezeRocker
10-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Of all of the Resident Evil movies, I liked Apocalypse...kind of in a way...it was sort of like RE2/3...sort..of

Biomedical-Fire
10-21-2011, 12:34 AM
The only Resident Evil movie that I liked was Resident Evil Degeneration CGI movie. The Silent Hill movie wasn't too bad, I hope the second one will be good.

Blind2Society
10-21-2011, 01:53 AM
Degeneration was good and the only one I kept. I enjoyed silent hill too. I had that in my collection for a time as well but unfortunately had to return it to my friend. He still hasn't returned my copy of Iron Man though and it's been a year or more. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Biomedical-Fire
10-21-2011, 06:12 AM
Well it's official, Sony got the rights to do an Assassin's Creed movie. So expect Paul W.S. Anderson write and direct the movie. There is also talks about them doing movies based on Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon. Now if I were Tom Clancy, I'd put a stop to that immediately as I wouldn't want my name to be flushed down the toilet. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

SleezeRocker
10-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
The only Resident Evil movie that I liked was Resident Evil Degeneration CGI movie. The Silent Hill movie wasn't too bad, I hope the second one will be good.

dam how did I forget Degenreation!?
It's the only movie I kept lol

Silent Hill..was alright. better alternative than the..not CG RE movies :P

E-Zekiel
10-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

UbiSoft said before that they want to keep the different entertainment mediums relatively separate. Of course, they said that mostly to Daniel Cross appearing in a game, but I think that also applies to movies.

I just see them introducing a different character and setting for a movie, and not pulling it from the game. So in that way it would be great to have it be live-action, especially if it's more of a 1980's-modern setting.

By separate, I think the case of a movie, it would be the movies have a different canon than the game (unless otherwise stated, of course).

What makes for a good game doesn't always make for a good movie. Which is why when recording gameplay to send to friends who enjoy the story but not watching every aspect of gameplay, I generally cut out travel time, lengthy battles if they're not plot-relevant, etc.

dave93vert
10-21-2011, 12:26 PM
sleezerocker thanks for bringing up Silent Hill, i can use that as more support for my SIG theory topic, thanks. gonna get on it now

SleezeRocker
10-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by dave93vert:
sleezerocker thanks for bringing up Silent Hill, i can use that as more support for my SIG theory topic, thanks. gonna get on it now

Well...e onorato is BioMed since he was the one who mentioned Silent Hill lol

SteelCity999
10-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Egypt or China would be two great places to go for the movie.

Silvermoth
10-21-2011, 11:41 PM
I've often thought of a movie based on Assassin's Creed ever since I played the first game and I thought Desmond reminded me of Navin Chowdhry.

I just hope they can do it right

ShaneO7K
10-23-2011, 04:17 PM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/mo...ds-home-at-sony.html (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a347075/assassins-creed-film-finds-home-at-sony.html)

Final stage of negotiations, hoping they can pull it off.

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 04:59 PM
I hope they dont make a movie about Desmond.
But i wouldnt mind that they make about Daniel Cross, since hes more cartoonish and some actors are very similar to him.

kriegerdesgottes
10-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

I honestly think that is the best way to go. I don't think the game should have Altair or Ezio as the main character. Maybe Desmond but I think the best way to not anger long time fans would be to make it about a totally different ancestor from a totally different time just like the fall did.

I honestly believe that if they had stuck to the original plan to make the comics about Ezio, then it would not have been as popular. They made a wise choice in making it about someone else. Although I personally prefer they stick with Desmond as the descendent and just picked another ancestor from his line but another descendent would be ok too.

Animuses
10-23-2011, 07:13 PM
No movie would be the best idea.

Moultonborough
10-23-2011, 08:17 PM
I hope they are dead wrong. Book to Movies are horrible, but Games to Movies are much worse. I don't want to see AC get trashed by Sony. Poor Assassin's Creed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

RzaRecta357
10-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Oh god. They're gonna make us all cringe at the thought of being AC fans. I'll have to explain the game is nothing like the movie all the time.

Please don't Prince of Persia this movie. Oh god.

There was actually a scene in that movie that was exactly like a joke from Waynes world when he opens a door to guys training in a SUPER corny fashion.

Man....I'm scared for this. Haha.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
10-23-2011, 09:42 PM
You all do realize that UbiSoft is retaining full creative rights over the film, right? This is a partnership between Sony and UbiSoft Motion Pictures, which means that Sony is going to be producing the film aka funding the film. It's a basic proponent of the film making process. UbiSoft wrote a script and has the film planned out, now they found an investor to fund the film and create a budget. This way it's UbiSoft's film, that is being produced by Sony. I hope someone understood what I said http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif (I'm a film major, so I understand how this works, if anyone was wondering how I knew this) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

kosmoscreed
10-24-2011, 04:30 AM
The movie could be amazing if it's done right, AC is a game that can be portrayed perfectly in the big screen, it's not like Mario or Final Fantasy or other stuff like that.

But Ubi needs to be on top of it all the time, don't let sony make another Resident Evil.

Chronomancy
10-24-2011, 04:55 AM
As long as Angelina Jolie is Lucy, anything else is meh.

XxKillaChaosxX
10-24-2011, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Chronomancy:
As long as Angelina Jolie is Lucy, anything else is meh. Er..you're joking right?

Chronomancy
10-24-2011, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by XxKillaChaosxX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
As long as Angelina Jolie is Lucy, anything else is meh. Er..you're joking right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, Angelina Jolie for Lucy, hands down.

XxKillaChaosxX
10-24-2011, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Chronomancy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxKillaChaosxX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
As long as Angelina Jolie is Lucy, anything else is meh. Er..you're joking right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, Angelina Jolie for Lucy, hands down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

SixKeys
10-24-2011, 06:12 AM
Why not just get Lucy's actual voice actress for the movie? She's an experienced actress too (Veronica Mars) and knows the role. Angelina Jolie does not have the right charisma at all.

KuldarYldrad
10-24-2011, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
Why not just get Lucy's actual voice actress for the movie? She's an experienced actress too (Veronica Mars) and knows the role. Yeah, Lucy is based on Kristen Bell (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Kristen_Bell). There is no need for an other actress.

catkiller97
10-24-2011, 06:53 AM
Assassins creed movie on the way - Sony Picturesí domains (http://fusible.com/2011/10/assassins-creed-movie-a-done-deal-according-to-sony-pictures-domains)

NuclearFuss
10-24-2011, 07:01 AM
To be honest I think it'll be one of the subjects before Desmond as the main character (aside from ancestors obviously). Most likely 16. I'd be curious to know more about his backstory

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
10-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by kosmoscreed:
The movie could be amazing if it's done right, AC is a game that can be portrayed perfectly in the big screen, it's not like Mario or Final Fantasy or other stuff like that.

But Ubi needs to be on top of it all the time, don't let sony make another Resident Evil.

Did you not just read what I posted before you? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif No one ever cares for what I have to say in this forum and I've been here for a long time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif Well like I said, UbiSoft is maintaining full creative rights throughout the film, which in turn means, an Assassin's Creed film made by UbiSoft with the help of Sony. That's all this means. UbiSoft is going to have full control over the film.

Poodle_of_Doom
10-24-2011, 07:59 AM
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the only downside I see is that this could flop as violently as the Prince of Persia film.

RzaRecta357
10-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Wow. Someone actually wants that skinny skeleton with bad skin to play Lucy? Sheesh.

Let's just hire Megan Fox with her gross hands and crackhead look to play Rebecca while were at it.

Maybe Gerard Butler can be Desmond LMAO.

If this movie is made...and Lucy ISN'T Kristen Bell....It's already failed.

LightRey
10-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Wow. Someone actually wants that skinny skeleton with bad skin to play Lucy? Sheesh.

Let's just hire Megan Fox with her gross hands and crackhead look to play Rebecca while were at it.

You talking about Angelina Jolie? Cuz I can't really see how she's much skinnier than Kristen Bell...

scope2005
10-24-2011, 09:21 AM
TBH I won't have high hope's for this getting anywhere.

Back when UBI launched "SC: Chaos Theory" around 2005 - they sold the rights for a movie based on the IP and a basic "teaser" trailer of the film was included with the game...

When games make the leap to film, decent film directors and writers never want to touch them as they are typically unsuccessfull flops made to cash in on the video game fans.

The end result is usually poor translation to the big screen, as the writer's who do get involved take too many creative liberties trying to make it thier own, throwing away the original "canon" storyline in favour of action sequences and SFX to make it more accessable to the masses who are unfamiliar with the franchise in question. This is probably what finished off the idea of a SC movie - Publisher and Movie studio unable to agree on a way forward.

Its a rare case when a videogame to film actually works - Hitman being about the only one I can think of (and some minor changes were made to the backstory).

If an AC movie is to be made, make it a CGI film on par with the Brotherhood Trailer, keeping the original voice actors and thier liknessess.

I'd rather have Kristen Bell as Lucy, Phil Proctor as Warren, and Nolan North (with the likeness of Francisco Randez) as Desmond.
Nevermind the usual A-list cast of the usual Matt Damons, Angelina's, and Morgan Freemans!

EscoBlades
10-24-2011, 11:54 AM
So yeah.....seems to be getting closer to a deal! (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2011/10/24/report-assassins-creed-movie-deal-a-near-certainty-based-on-domain-registrations/)

RzaRecta357
10-24-2011, 12:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

You talking about Angelina Jolie? Cuz I can't really see how she's much skinnier than Kristen Bell... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something about her in Wanted is really gross. She looks like Tales from the Crypt Keeper.

Also, people actually liked the Hitman movie? The one starring Timothy Olyphant? He looks nothing like Agent 47. He gets attacked by other hitmen who are supposed to be clones but are like multiracial and have cheesy knife fights in a subway.

I only seen that ONE scene but figured the corn factor was to high from that alone.

LightRey
10-24-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm still not sure if I should be excited or worried about this...

RzaRecta357
10-24-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm still not sure if I should be excited or worried about this...

Super worried. If it ends up like Hitman, Resident Evil, Prince of Persia....it's gonna suck.

samward
10-24-2011, 01:31 PM

It definetly would, but I think it would be the best option without removing the feel of AC. That's just my opinion though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree!!! I really hope that they take the time and spend the money they need to capture the feeling and mood of the AC games. I think the E3 trailers are so realistic that if they made a whole movie like that we would not even realize it was animated. It gives me goose bumps just to think of a whole movie like that! It would just be too sad if the voices were not the same. I also hope they donít do what the books did and leave Desmond out of it. After all it is Desmondís story... wonder when we will find out if this will go through.

BATISTABUS
10-24-2011, 01:56 PM
I don't want an overlap of actors/voice actors. I say if the movie is going to be all CGI and they're willing to use all the same voice actors from the games, go right ahead and recap the games. Personally, I'd rather see a new assassin in another time period in another part of the world, sort of like what was done in The Fall. It takes place in the same Assassin's Creed Universe, and it ads to what we know about the order and the war between Templars/Assassin's, but it doesn't mess with Desmond's story.

iN3krO
10-24-2011, 02:54 PM
I would prefer Ac1 adapted to movie.

1 investigation per target would be ok besides other things....

Also, it would make desmond part better... it would be like 2hours and half but it would be worth if well done http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JamesJuhn
10-25-2011, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by geomart:
You all do realize that UbiSoft is retaining full creative rights over the film, right? This is a partnership between Sony and UbiSoft Motion Pictures, which means that Sony is going to be producing the film aka funding the film. It's a basic proponent of the film making process. UbiSoft wrote a script and has the film planned out, now they found an investor to fund the film and create a budget. This way it's UbiSoft's film, that is being produced by Sony. I hope someone understood what I said http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif (I'm a film major, so I understand how this works, if anyone was wondering how I knew this) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I hope you're right geomart. But would Sony be really content with just funding the movies and having no actual input in the script and the other factors? The articles do say Ubisoft wants to maintain creative control over the development, but it doesn't say to what extent (100%? or 80%? 60%?....etc) And with the crap Resident Evil movies they keep on spewing out, I don't blame people here for being pessimistic.

While it would be really cool to see the actual game storyline adapted into film, I wouldn't mind if they used the approach they used in Assassin's Creed: The Fall (and upcoming "Chain") comics - use all the elements from the games, but set it in Different time period, with different protagonist and ancestor from the games. This is because:

1. Movies are a different medium and while it is a must that the source material should be respected, writers shouldn't be restricted by the game so much (this was the issue with The Fall comic, initially it was to be comic based on Ezio (since the character proved to be, and still is very popular) - and Ubi gave the writers the creative freedom and the result turned out to be pretty good. The Fall was it's own thing, but still had its link to the game series (and even a casual comics fan who never played the games before understood it).

For me, I would love to see the two writers from The Fall and The Chain be the writers for the film series with Corey May as a co-writer or a consultant on-the-needed basis.

2. While first Assassin's creed game may be able to be adapted into a film (with cuts here and there), I don't see how they will fit Ezio's storyline into the movies since his storyline goes one for 3 consecutive games (AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations). This isn't to say I dislike Ezio. I really like him as a character. But the movies would have to be back-to-back (eg. The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End) and I could be wrong, but I have a feeling the quality of the films would somehow drop during this process.

For me, I would like to see for each movie, having set in different time period (with different ancestor) with the same modern-day protagonist carrying on until the final movie (3rd movie if they intend to make this into a trilogy that is, which seems to be what most filmmakers are doing with franchises).

But then again, a total cg assassin's creed film would just trump over any live-action anytime (I imagine it would be something like Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete, but much, much better in story). Though another problem arises that the games' cutscenes themselves are about 2hrs 30mins to 2hrs 45 mins long - therefore I would imagine even with a cg film, they would need to base it on a new modern-day protagonist with different ancestor ( though even if they do that the movie would still be darn expensive).

Poodle_of_Doom
10-25-2011, 12:04 PM
So, in summation, you want a non-game based film, revolving around other characters, similar to the story, and plot lines like what the comics and books do. Wow, why so long winded?

LordWolv
10-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
So, in summation, you want a non-game based film, revolving around other characters, similar to the story, and plot lines like what the comics and books do. Wow, why so long winded?
Agreed. An AC movie is an AC movie - Sony pictures are good film makers, and whatever they come up with I'm sure will be freaking amazing.

JamesJuhn
10-26-2011, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

I know I can just say that, but then it wouldn't really tell why I'd like them to do it that way would it? There were already few people who said they want to do it non-game based film in the previous replies and they may have same or completely different reasons for wanting it that way - so I'm just voicing my view and opinion.

Besides, you didn't even need to read the reply if you didn't want to. It's not like anyone's forcing you or anything. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

JamesJuhn
10-26-2011, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
Agreed. An AC movie is an AC movie - Sony pictures are good film makers, and whatever they come up with I'm sure will be freaking amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that's what people thought when they announced they were making the first Resident Evil movie. And the results were......well we all know how that turned out.

I'm just very cautious about this whole Ubi-Sony partnership deal, and don't expect to get too hyped for it unless I see a solid trailer (and featurettes etc), good WOM from other viewers, that it tells me otherwise.

V3layudham
11-16-2011, 07:47 PM
well im very multi cultural and after watching a recent film called Velayudham which is an Indian Movie, there was a resemblance of Assassins Creed in the movie; there were some amazing action scenes which made me fly out of my chair, i hope the assassins creed movie can live up to the hype and i also hope that the action in the movie doesnt disappoint due to the fact i have seen what is possible

Ubisoft please be careful when making this movie and dont give any single individual or company too much power

best wishes
AJ