PDA

View Full Version : 5 kill streak mercenary challenge

GunnarGunderson
12-27-2011, 03:14 PM
How am I supposed to do this after I beat the game? It doesn't seem to count when I do it during memories and Janissaries and normal guards grabbing you in the over world won't allow any killstreaks

LightRey
12-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Load a memory from an earlier sequence and free roam instead of starting it.

sticks165
12-27-2011, 03:33 PM
start a chase with some guards then smoke bomb

GunnarGunderson
12-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Load a memory from an earlier sequence and free roam instead of starting it. I tried that, it didn't count

Bipolar Matt
12-27-2011, 04:48 PM
The best place to pull this off (if you don't mind killing Ottoman guards) is in Sequence 4, the memory where you retrieve Sofia's parcel from the ship. There are enough guards around the port to string together 2 streak (3 if you're lucky), but you have to lure them together. Then just roam around before completing the memory at Sofia's shop and get other groups of guards together, lather-rinse-repeat. Janissaries are not out on patrols at this point in the game, so all the guards will go down with one hit in a kill chain.

That's how I completed the challenge, anyway. On my next playthrough, I'm going to try it with Byzantines during "capture the tower." The only way I've noticed replaying memories to complete challenges doesn't work is replaying memories in Cappadocia. For some reason, they don't seem to count there.

phoenix-force411
12-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
How am I supposed to do this after I beat the game? It doesn't seem to count when I do it during memories and Janissaries and normal guards grabbing you in the over world won't allow any killstreaks

Take the Boat to Cappadocia! It's way easier there!

sticks165
12-27-2011, 05:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Load a memory from an earlier sequence and free roam instead of starting it. I tried that, it didn't count </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it worked for me

LightRey
12-27-2011, 05:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Load a memory from an earlier sequence and free roam instead of starting it. I tried that, it didn't count </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's strange. It should.

RobyR
12-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Load the caltrop bomb memory and kill the first 5 guards using the caltrop bomb.
Now wait a few seconds..you'll notice that 6 byzantine guards (4 militia, 2 with the spear..i suggest you focus on these two first) keep spawning every time you kill them.

Hope it helps.

AntiChrist7
12-28-2011, 08:03 AM
i did it in the memory where you have to get sofia's parcel on the boat. just replay the memory a few times, and lure two groups of 4 guards towards you, then its easy

GunnarGunderson
12-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by joshuathao64:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:

Take the Boat to Cappadocia! It's way easier there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just tried it there, I did perfect killstreaks of more than 5 (I even counted the bodies) multiple times and none of them seemed to register. I'm still stuck at 8/10 and I'm completely dumbfounded as to how I got those ones

Jon253
12-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Try the Memory "The Fourth World" I think it's called, it's the one where you sneak on the boat to find Sofia's package.

I reloaded this memory several times to do a lot of the challenges. Just run past the guards and get several to case you, when you get enough start with the kill streak.

Also remember that you can hit counter when you are in the middle of attacking another enemy. I kept failing that challenge until I figured this out.