PDA

View Full Version : how will the heavy weapons work as a personal weapon?

edzilla_551
09-22-2010, 08:24 AM
i was just wondering how ezio will be able to hold heavy weapons while free running and also if ezio uses a heavy weapon in combat in ac2 when u counter with it he gets rid of the heavy weapon in one go, is that how its going to work, i just want to understand please to anyone who has an idea?

RandomRansom
09-22-2010, 08:38 AM
You can't free run in ACII with any weapon other than your own. Heavy weapons like axes and great swords get dropped the moment you start to sprint or climb.

When you counter... I think you leave the weapon inside your victim. My personal favorite is when you leave the axe in the guy's forehead.

It looked like, in ACB, that Ezio can throw the axes into opponents that are farther away. That's not a part of ACII, though. New feature for Brotherhood.

edzilla_551
09-22-2010, 08:41 AM
i dont think you get my question i was taking about acb because it has been confirmed that ezio can carry heavy weapons permanantly and i was asking how that will work.

RandomRansom
09-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Oh, I see. I just had the wrong interpretation of your question. You can read it and hear what I heard, though.

And I did mention the throwing of axes at enemies in ACB. I'd bet that free-running with heavy weapons just means that Ezio just puts them away like a sword. That would make the most sense if he can keep heavy weapons permanently. I'd think it replaces his primary weapon.

AnthonyA85
09-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Well, i'd imagine it'll work like any other heavy weapon Ezio can carry.

That war hammer you get for 50 feathers in AC2, is probably as heavy as one of those battle axes, if not, then probably very close, and he can free run with that just fine.

In AC2 ezio ALWAYS drops heavy weapons after he's used them even once, like he's too tired to hold them, but he also does that with swords.

It's been confirmed that we'll be able to keep any weapons we pick up, yes, and, by that, i'm assuming they'll apear back at the hide-out, or become available at the blacksmiths or something, we'll have to wait until november.

DeSabellis
09-22-2010, 04:07 PM
In one of the interviews it is mentioned that 'heavy' weapons will be available for purchase at the blacksmiths. It will be interesting to see how he carries a pike/spear though. Maybe on his back?

TheMusingMoose
09-22-2010, 05:56 PM
There is no way that hammer is anyway NEAR as heavy as a battle axe. The battle axe is at least twice as big, and is made entirely out of metal. Half of the hammer is made out of wood...

EzioAssassin51
09-22-2010, 07:51 PM
I'd say he'd carry it on his side, seeing as his back is occupied by the Crossbow, but i'm not sure where he'd put the spear!

Account_Deleted
09-22-2010, 08:14 PM
in his pocket of course http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DarthEzio55
09-22-2010, 08:26 PM
maybe He'll have one of his Assassins carry it for him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif