PDA

View Full Version : Farming Memories

rob.davies2014
08-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Erudito tells us in Project Legacy that the memories used in the Data Dump Scanner are "farmed".
I was wondering if anyone knew what this "farming" procedure was?
And does it have any connection to the method Subject 16 used of placing one of his own genetic memories (The Truth) into the memory core of Animus 1.28?

LightRey
08-11-2011, 02:36 PM
They were recorded from Animus sessions probably.

twenty_glyphs
08-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:

If they were recorded from Animus sessions, then why would Abstergo need recruits to experience the memories now and find out the information they provide? It seems the whole purpose of Project Legacy is that Abstergo is looking for certain info in these memories they have, but they need subjects to actually experience them and interpret them. So they somehow have memory data, but haven't recorded it as audiovisual media through the Animus.

Also, at least one of the memories shows the person dying, which should be impossible with genetic memory. That person is using the Shroud at the time, so maybe his memory was recorded with that. Also, there are memories of Brutus that Giovanni Borgia dreams of from late in his life when he killed Julius Caesar. That time period was after Brutus had any kids, so where did those memories come from? He was wrapped in the Shroud when he was dead, so again, perhaps the Shroud has the memories. And Abstergo seems to have recovered the Shroud during WW2. Even the Bartolomeo memories are from a time after he had his last child. I'm curious where the memories are coming from as well.

LightRey
08-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

If they were recorded from Animus sessions, then why would Abstergo need recruits to experience the memories now and find out the information they provide? It seems the whole purpose of Project Legacy is that Abstergo is looking for certain info in these memories they have, but they need subjects to actually experience them and interpret them. So they somehow have memory data, but haven't recorded it as audiovisual media through the Animus.

Also, at least one of the memories shows the person dying, which should be impossible with genetic memory. That person is using the Shroud at the time, so maybe his memory was recorded with that. Also, there are memories of Brutus that Giovanni Borgia dreams of from late in his life when he killed Julius Caesar. That time period was after Brutus had any kids, so where did those memories come from? He was wrapped in the Shroud when he was dead, so again, perhaps the Shroud has the memories. And Abstergo seems to have recovered the Shroud during WW2. Even the Bartolomeo memories are from a time after he had his last child. I'm curious where the memories are coming from as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There's a problem with that theory too. By far not all memories are from people who seem to have been in contact with the shroud.

Subject_4
08-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Like a server farm, as in data collected from a large number of people. Theoretically, Abstergo could be, or is using this to spy on what assassins did in the past.

In example, some assassin did something at one time which Abstergo wants to see. They have one person who maybe has an ancestor who did not witness this event, but through the memories they might find another person's ancestor did witness it, so they get that ancestor and get their memories too.

A bit like social networking in the past.

Subject 4

LightRey
08-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Subject_4:
Like a server farm, as in data collected from a large number of people. Theoretically, Abstergo could be, or is using this to spy on what assassins did in the past.

In example, some assassin did something at one time which Abstergo wants to see. They have one person who maybe has an ancestor who did not witness this event, but through the memories they might find another person's ancestor did witness it, so they get that ancestor and get their memories too.

A bit like social networking in the past.

Subject 4
Hmmm. That's a good one. It explains everything. Very interesting.

twenty_glyphs
08-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
There's a problem with that theory too. By far not all memories are from people who seem to have been in contact with the shroud.

You're right. My (unstated) point was mostly that the memories seem to be coming from all over the place and they don't all seem like they could be coming from genetic memory as we know it now. Something else about it is weird though. If Abstergo can just farm memories by collecting samples of someone's DNA, then why in the world would they actually need Desmond himself, or other subjects? Couldn't they just grab a DNA sample and run it through Project Legacy or something else like it to have the memories interpreted? I really hope the nature of the DDS in Project Legacy, as well as the project's true purpose, get revealed.

LightRey
08-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

You're right. My (unstated) point was mostly that the memories seem to be coming from all over the place and they don't all seem like they could be coming from genetic memory as we know it now. Something else about it is weird though. If Abstergo can just farm memories by collecting samples of someone's DNA, then why in the world would they actually need Desmond himself, or other subjects? Couldn't they just grab a DNA sample and run it through Project Legacy or something else like it to have the memories interpreted? I really hope the nature of the DDS in Project Legacy, as well as the project's true purpose, get revealed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, there's some weird stuff going on with the DDS. Especially with that to-be-released-officially stuff.

bakerrossera
08-11-2011, 07:53 PM
i think you guys a looking into too much its just a facebook game lol

LightRey
08-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by bakerrossera:
i think you guys a looking into too much its just a facebook game lol
Up till now they've had a reason for everything. I doubt they'd just randomly come up with some stuff that makes no sense.

Ureh
08-11-2011, 09:19 PM
But it seems most of the memories are in 1st person and they even include the thoughts of the individual. Some of the memories are of people who were alone at the time that we view them through the DDS.

Maybe they use an artifact that can look into the past, after they've seen the past it is imprinted in their memory and from there they can record it.

LightRey
08-12-2011, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Ureh:
But it seems most of the memories are in 1st person and they even include the thoughts of the individual. Some of the memories are of people who were alone at the time that we view them through the DDS.

Maybe they use an artifact that can look into the past, after they've seen the past it is imprinted in their memory and from there they can record it.
Maybe. It could also have something to do with the Sixth Sense.

Black_Widow9
08-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Have you checked out the The Project Legacy Information Center (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/5101061219)?