PDA

View Full Version : TAKEW OFF FROM CARRIER

Ritter_Cuda
01-07-2005, 01:16 PM
OK I'M TRYING TO LEARN HOW TO RUN fmb HOW DO YOU SET UP FOR A CARRIER TAKE OFF? MY PLANE SEEMS TO WANT TO BLOW UP ON THE DECK
Cuda

Ritter_Cuda
01-07-2005, 01:16 PM
OK I'M TRYING TO LEARN HOW TO RUN fmb HOW DO YOU SET UP FOR A CARRIER TAKE OFF? MY PLANE SEEMS TO WANT TO BLOW UP ON THE DECK
Cuda

Sakai9745
01-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Hey Cuda. Here's how it's done.

1. Set choice carrier on map and give it one additional waypoint. In the flattop's speed for both waypoints, input a decent speed (I know that for the Lexington, I can get a maximum value of 63 kph). This is very important if you're running v3.03 - you may have problems getting aloft if you do not have enough wind across the deck.

2. Zoom in on the 1st waypoint of your carrier and set your choice aircraft more or less on top of it. Make sure that the icon for the carrier remains exposed.

3. This is the critical part. In the aircraft's 'Object' window, go to the 'waypoint' tab. Select 'takeoff' in there, then hit the 'set' button under 'target'. When the crosshairs pop up, move them over the carrier's icon and left click. It's name should appear under 'target'. Failure to do this will result in the game assuming you are starting under the carrier (which is why you've been blowing up).

4. Save and play. Bring shark repellant in case you go in the drink. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Happy Flying,

Ritter_Cuda
01-07-2005, 01:34 PM
thanks that worked now i need to see if i can get a b25 off the deck lol

Sakai9745
01-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Sounds like fun. If you have any additional questions, post here or PT me.

Regards,

Ritter_Cuda
01-07-2005, 03:22 PM
lol did it now i need to do it fully loaded
cuda

jchenry
01-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Hey AL i tried your instructions for setting up a carrier takeoff,but i get a mission failed-no map in mission file,what does that mean,and how do i correct it?THANKS..

IV_JG51_Razor
01-08-2005, 12:17 PM
When you created the mission, what did you save it as? You must tell it to save it under one of the these choices, Net (coop, or DF), Single Player, or Campaign.

Sakai9745
01-08-2005, 01:43 PM
I hope that Razor's instruction helped you jchenry. I've never seen that error message before.

Usually, as I'm creating missions via FMB, I save in stages as I progress, saving the file under single mission/applicable aircraft, then launch from FMB to test. Once done with the test, it kicks me back to FMB.