PDA

View Full Version : which ac has the best wtf cliffhanger? (poll)

edzilla_551
12-30-2010, 11:18 PM
if you are like me and completed each game in the series you can choose an option.

my personal pick would be AC2

CharDude
12-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Man, that's kind of tough.

AC2 and ACB's ending were absolutely amazing. AC2's gave me a "Whoa....that's crazy" face. But, ACB's twist literally made my jaw drop.

MrJLBoyyy
12-30-2010, 11:40 PM
I think Assassin's Creed II, but I can't talk about it because of spoilers.

Avl521
12-31-2010, 12:01 AM
I don't know, to me the most WTF cliffhanger was Assassin's Creed 1 due to all the writing and all the theories and things I read and investigated due to it. It was my entrance into my all time favorite series.
It holds a special place in my heart.

But I voted ACB because after the ending I totally was like... "NO! WTF! Now what!?" and I'm dying for ACIII.

LordWolv
12-31-2010, 12:10 AM
After ACB's ending, I was literally stunned right through the credits. AC2's ending though was crazy. Disliked AC's ending.

So I have to go with ACB. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

drizzit986
12-31-2010, 12:49 AM
after playing AC 1 and 2 I understand the story better, so when throw a rench like they did at the end of ACB it has to be a bigger cliff hanger. More to add to the point, they need to move on to a new animus character so there is more unknown, even more so then when they went from AC1 to AC2.

jzsnyder
12-31-2010, 12:52 AM
ACII's ending was by far the most iconic. It had me and my friends arguing for months. However, I did feel that AC:B's ending was too abrupt... did anyone feel the same way?

NYC_Elite
12-31-2010, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by jacobbsny10:
ACII's ending was by far the most iconic. It had me and my friends arguing for months. However, I did feel that AC:B's ending was too abrupt... did anyone feel the same way?

This. The game started picking up speed rapidly toward the end then it just ended, HUGE WTF moment.

TheSpectator
12-31-2010, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by NYC_Elite:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jacobbsny10:

This. The game started picking up speed rapidly toward the end then it just ended, HUGE WTF moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

RipYourSpineOut
12-31-2010, 10:23 AM
I have to be honest, I have to go with the first Assassin's Creed. Now, AC: B's cliffhanger made me REALLY paranoid and wanting more, but I think the original AC's ending made people freak out more. I mean, a lot of people freaked out about it, a lot of people spent time trying to figure out what all those bloody messages meant, and all of us couldn't wait for the next sequel so our answers could be answered. It isn't the best cliffhanger because of shock value, but just because of the thought and research that put in it afterward.

On a side note, AC: B was a very tough contender. I mean, WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT!? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

AMuppetMatt
12-31-2010, 10:33 AM
To be honest I think it has to be Brotherhood. The end of AC was confusing and the end of AC2 was a case of "What the f*** is going on?", but we're much more attached to the characters' in Brotherhood. We're about a second away from hearing where the next game is going to take place from Shaun, and we've just... well anyone whose finished Brotherhood knows what we've just done, so for me it's Brotherhood. It's more personal. With AC it was an ending that left us nowhere, we knew we would start AC2 inside abstergo. With AC2, we knew we were still with the other assassins in 2012... that ending was all about explaining the pieces of Eden and revealing the rest of the storyline. With Brotherhood... who knows where we're going to end up, where the next game will be and more importantly, who we're with.

breakdown89
12-31-2010, 10:49 AM
yeah i think even though the first one raised a ton of questions in the process, and even to a lesser extent with the second, the third game was just.....WHY!? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

chizzy12
12-31-2010, 12:06 PM
I'd say the first Assassins creed because I wasn't expecting anything like that at all...

not that the next two werent as much WTF than the first, but i expected to be mind fudged

Inorganic9_2
12-31-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by NYC_Elite:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jacobbsny10:

This. The game started picking up speed rapidly toward the end then it just ended, HUGE WTF moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed this. "I'll just do one more mission before I go and cook some food"...half an hour later, I'm still doing compulsory missions and end up finishing the game...lolwut?

I say AC2. I'm pretty sure I said exactly what Desmond said, not long before he said it.

Parade_Reigner
12-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by jacobbsny10:

WAY TO ADRUPT. i was playing it last night and i knew from listening to podcast it would speed up to the end... but that was fast. only 8 sequences was kinda dissappointing. i wanted more... heres to AC3. hopefully that wont end on a twist.

But all the ending were WTF moments. i think at the end of AC1 i was like "ok they explain this in AC2". and AC2 was "ummm ok... i guess. its kinda weird" now in ACB i was like "COMMON! Why did i have to do that???" and then roll credits... i was thinkin "show me more... OH VOICES!... then disappointed again cause there wasnt anything else lol

DoctorEurope
12-31-2010, 12:55 PM
AC:B for sure. Can't really talk about it too much as I don't want to spoil it for anybody but I will say this; OH, MY, GOD. My jaw was practically to the floor even while the credits were rolling. xD

Nick1021
12-31-2010, 01:06 PM
ACB is the biggest cliifhanger.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is not right.

*SPOILERS*

Sure weird paintings on the wall were weird.

Sure you just met god it self.

But Lucy getting stabbed and also being commanded by a god. So many questions.

*/SPOILERS*

But I loved ac2s ending. What other game lets you fist fight the pope.

ElleCore
12-31-2010, 01:27 PM
I didn't yet play ACB.

AC1's ending wasn't much of a cliffhanger.
AC2's ending made me go "WTF?" a bit.

So I guess I'll vote when I'll finish ACB. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Neo_Age
12-31-2010, 02:00 PM
I kinda realized what was going to happen in AC:B almost from the get go when Desmond and Lucy were flirting in the tunnels (I just see those sorts of things in stories).

Honestly I would have to say the AC2 ending was a pretty good WTF, particularlly when Menerva looks straight at you and starts talking to you/desmond. Didnt see that one coming.

AC1's ending wasnt really a cliffhanger but was more of a "the door is left open for sequals" which makes sence. You cant expect a studio to start a new game series right from the start with the intent of making sequals (well, you can, but its been my experience that that approach leads to a inferior product). Most studios make a good first story and leave the ending open, wait and see if their is a big enough demand, and then ussually begin the sequal making.

Ass4ssin8me
12-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Neo_Age:
I kinda realized what was going to happen in AC:B almost from the get go when Desmond and Lucy were flirting in the tunnels (I just see those sorts of things in stories).

Honestly I would have to say the AC2 ending was a pretty good WTF, particularlly when Menerva looks straight at you and starts talking to you/desmond. Didnt see that one coming.

AC1's ending wasnt really a cliffhanger but was more of a "the door is left open for sequals" which makes sence. You cant expect a studio to start a new game series right from the start with the intent of making sequals (well, you can, but its been my experience that that approach leads to a inferior product). Most studios make a good first story and leave the ending open, wait and see if their is a big enough demand, and then ussually begin the sequal making.

Ubi sais from the start it was going to be a trilogy. So they did plan to make sequels

ninja_7_7
12-31-2010, 03:12 PM
ACB only because we know more.

the_atm
12-31-2010, 03:52 PM
well assassins creed was like, oh it's done umm ok?

number 2 from what i can remmeber was like, so now what?

and brother hood's was like... ZOMG WTF JUST HAPPEND!!!! WHY WHY HWY WHY so i'm gussing brotherhood :P

Neo_Age
12-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neo_Age:

Ubi sais from the start it was going to be a trilogy. So they did plan to make sequels </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well then the way they wrote AC1's ending was so that if it didnt do well they could walk away, that is at least my opinion.

andrewkim3
12-31-2010, 04:07 PM
AcII was really good, but ACB's ending literally made me say, "WTF IS GONNA HAPPEN NEXT?!

kriegerdesgottes
12-31-2010, 04:23 PM
I have to go with the first one because I never saw any of that coming at all. I had no experience of AC yet so I didn't know what to expect and at the end I was just totally caught off guard but I will admit I was at the time disappointed with it but now I'm glad they did it the way they did.

Navweb3620
12-31-2010, 04:41 PM
I don't see why ACB is so high. If you completed Subject 16's puzzles, then you know Subject 16 hints at the "girl" being a traitor.

beatledude210
01-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Acb Made me psyched for Ac3, Ac2 didn't get me as pumped up for AcB but i was still excited. I'm gonna have to say Acb

Alexbart1991
01-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Navweb3620:
I don't see why ACB is so high. If you completed Subject 16's puzzles, then you know Subject 16 hints at the "girl" being a traitor.

Problem here. First off, Lucy was undercover with Abstergo while 16 was being interogated so it's possible he didn't know she was on the assassin's side.

Another problem, there are two girls with Desmond, at least I'm pretty sure Rebecca is a girl... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

I don't know where this whole traitor thing is coming from, there's little to no evidence of it. And if Ubisoft does end up going with that they'll literally be pulling it out of their butts at that point.

Remember, Abstergo tried to have Lucy killed cause she worked on the Animus. The only point where I can see her loyalties might be strained would be if she were ordered to kill Vidic as he spared her life.

Razrback16
01-02-2011, 01:59 AM
Brotherhood, and it's not even close for me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

E-Zekiel
01-02-2011, 02:16 AM
I don't understand how people can possibly say that AC2 has a more WTF ending than AC1 lol.

AC:B, then 1, then 2, imo. 2 had a very good sense of closure.

joaomuas
02-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Well, I don't know, that's really hard! AC1 was all-new, no one knew who made that, why, how, when, what did it mean, million and millions of questions! It was the base for the entire story and the mistery and cliffhangers. Then, AC2 introduced the awesome God-thing, the temples, the catastrophe, answered lots of questions and left another ones. Then, ACB made the unthinkable: we stabbed Lucy. But the ending was awesome, like, we played more as Desmond, hinting how it will be in the last AC playing as him in modern-day, more misteries, more God-things, Eve, killing Lucy, etc. It was an amazing ending! Guys, I think we have a draw!

Razrback16
02-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Brotherhood without a doubt.

LaCava1
02-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Either AC1 or ACB. AC2's ending was weird, but not AS weird as *SPOLERS* mysterious blood writing or Desmond stabbing Lucy.*END SPOILERS*

Archosakun
02-20-2011, 05:08 PM
ACB for the simple reason that I nearly hurled my playstation out of the window because it was so frustrating yet amazing at the same time.
The other two were quite reasonable imo.

ThaWhistle
02-20-2011, 05:09 PM
the original was the only one I didn't have spoiled for me by the time the game came out... so I had to go with that.