PDA

View Full Version : I think the "BLEEDING EFFECT" is Real..

Byonchi
06-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Okay, I've started noticing some weird stuff lately. I just got Assassin's Creed II about 2 months ago, played it through and loved it, so naturally I bought Brotherhood immediately afterward. Also loved it!

But you know what? I think I've overexposed myself to it a little bit, because I'm starting to take on certain traits that weren't there before. Like, I've started climbing and jumping over things (I get a kind of rush whenever I do this), I dress more elaborately than normal, I tend to be more assertive in day-to-day life, and -- this is the scary one -- I can sort of detect my accent beginning to take on an Italian air.
I've also had dreams where I'm dressed up like Zorro or the guy from Princess Bride, and I'm traveling all over the world to islands and stuff. Not sure if that's related, but it might be http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I just feel like I need to be doing something heroic ALL THE TIME. Anybody else have this happen? lol

Calvarok
06-26-2011, 11:54 PM
As long as you haven't killed anyone yet, I think we can safely say that it's nothing serious. : P

Eric_490
06-26-2011, 11:58 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/Cool_Story_Bro_Bad_News_Guys-s263x360-154838-580.jpg

medcsu11
06-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Byonchi:
Okay, I've started noticing some weird stuff lately. I just got Assassin's Creed II about 2 months ago, played it through and loved it, so naturally I bought Brotherhood immediately afterward. Also loved it!

But you know what? I think I've overexposed myself to it a little bit, because I'm starting to take on certain traits that weren't there before. Like, I've started climbing and jumping over things (I get a kind of rush whenever I do this), I dress more elaborately than normal, I tend to be more assertive in day-to-day life, and -- this is the scary one -- I can sort of detect my accent beginning to take on an Italian air.
I've also had dreams where I'm dressed up like Zorro or the guy from Princess Bride, and I'm traveling all over the world to islands and stuff. Not sure if that's related, but it might be http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I just feel like I need to be doing something heroic ALL THE TIME. Anybody else have this happen? lol

Simply stated you have a very active imagination in that when you see a movie, or play a game (etc) you throw yourself into the role of someone else and your mind considers what it would be like, or if it is possible, etc etc. It isnt an uncommon thing to do this to yourself as many people imagine/dream about something that is constantly on their mind and since you played 2 games consisting of the same thing back to back, it is easy to see why your mind is processing that stream.
But no, the bleeding effect is not real and never will be. However, it may be real that we contain something in our DNA of past events. I say MAY because the human DNA code is an amazing thing and we havent even come close to unlocking its secrets.

davo1270
06-27-2011, 12:56 AM
are you serious... (in a sarcastic way)

AntiChrist7
06-27-2011, 01:16 AM
its because of these freaks that people will always be negative about video-games "look it makes them do dangerous things"

Offcours, the peron who murdered john lennon got inspired by catcher in the rye

Eric_490
06-27-2011, 02:24 AM
Everyone knows.

Video games make you murder people randomly, guns kill people, forks make people fat, pencils misspell words, cars crash into other cars, criminals have huge rooms overflowing with automatic weapons, politicians are telling the truth when they say they are honest, war is fun, and video games and action movies desensitize you to violence.

Oh wait, sorry wrong paragraph.

That's my list of complete BULL S*I*

sfin1994
06-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Apparently an hour of gaming is equal to 1 sitting of crack. So you may just be hallusonating mate. But iv noticed that aswell, but iv always liked to climb over things but I have ho notato la cattura parole sempre pi italiano.

GarethNelson
06-27-2011, 02:40 AM
This guy is just letting his imagination run wild, but i've noticed myself that if I play a lot of AC I end up looking at buildings and thinking how to freerun, my brain does this kinda automatically though.

I think this is pretty normal and harmless unless you start thinking (and acting on) how to kill people.

GunnarGunderson
06-27-2011, 08:12 AM
I once tried to look at my radar when I couldn't see where my friend was

SleezeRocker
06-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Maybe you just have a very active imagination
and your subconciously want to be an Assassin (w/o actually killing a man)....like the rest of us http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mr_Stunner
06-27-2011, 08:12 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/a-funny-captions-17.jpg%3Fw%3D500%26h%3D375

Sun.Tzu.GE
06-29-2011, 02:30 PM
I just want to ask you all one question : is this forum full of 12 year old kids ????

Drakonous505
06-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Shhh don't mention the Bleeding Effect! Or they will find you D8

blazefp
06-30-2011, 01:54 PM

It's also happening with me. It's normal. Your brain is allways trying to learn new stuff and when you're playing your brain doesn't stop doind that. A weird thing happened to me last week. I was tring to climb to a roof in order to get a ball that my friends lost there. The roof was about 3,5 meters tall and that's no problem at all for me but when i was holding me there and trying to pull up I could swear that I've already done that hundreds of times before. But I didn't. It was pretty odd but you will get used to it. Bleeding effect is real but you shouldn't take to much attention to it

blazefp
06-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
its because of these freaks that people will always be negative about video-games "look it makes them do dangerous things"

Offcours, the peron who murdered john lennon got inspired by catcher in the rye

what are you 10? Everyone is affected by his favourite game, either you like it or not. That freaks you are talking about are only guys that have no brain and feel too connected with a bunch of pixels changing colours on a tv and think "woah if that guy may do that than i may do it too". that's not because of the bleeding effect it's because they'r STUPID.

GuiltyArbiter
06-30-2011, 02:12 PM
It's just damn cool. I needed to get out of my room, but instead walking down the stairs I climbed the outer wall from the second floor. Felt awesome. When I'm at work I'm running everywhere, and so on. Climbing obstacles and ****. Bleeding effect, **** yeah!

Eric_490
06-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Its a shame so many people have fallen into the dark knowledge deprived realm of stupidity and choose to outlaw automatic weapons, give people who dont do anything free money, go to war with other countries for oil, and become connected to a video game that once turned off has gained you absolutely nothing but a few hours of entertainment. That people would think they have been affected in any other way than just gaining an hour of entertainment astounds me.

People think they can shoot a gun after playing call of duty too.

Yep there a lot of people out there who accidentally shoot them selve's in the foot.

SleezeRocker
06-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Eric_490:

All the more reasons why those junior ROTC classes get filled up and then join a brnahc and come back home crying saying "It aint NOTHING like COD T_T"

Eric_490
06-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Lmao, yep JROTC is definitely not what a lot of people think. People are just ignorant and don't do their research.

JROTC and Economy are probably the two most important classes I ever took based on stuff i've actually used in life.

-Former Cadet Lieutenant Colonel, S-5, Battalion Executive Officer, and Battalion Commander of JROTC unit.

Jockman52
07-07-2011, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Eric_490:
Its a shame so many people have fallen into the dark knowledge deprived realm of stupidity and choose to outlaw automatic weapons, give people who dont do anything free money, go to war with other countries for oil, and become connected to a video game that once turned off has gained you absolutely nothing but a few hours of entertainment. That people would think they have been affected in any other way than just gaining an hour of entertainment astounds me.

Yep there a lot of people out there who accidentally shoot them selve's in the foot. actually sometimes if youre mind processes it right you can become better at it like for example i used to suck at shooting after playing the CoD series i have made a drastic improvement (done on a firing range)

sassinscreed
07-07-2011, 05:09 AM

i think you should visit a doctor

ThaWhistle
07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
After playing Assassins creed for the first time, I'd look at buildings and figure out if they could be climbed.

After I played Battlefield1942 I'd panic in real life when I needed to get out of a car and there was no E button to press.

AdmiralPerry
07-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Well, my friend and I are always looking at buildings and assessing them for climbability. That's about the extent of it, though. Although there was one time I wished I had Eagle Vision to help me find something at work...

Hidden_Blade652
07-14-2011, 12:13 AM
This has actully happened to me, I've played all of the Assassin's Creed Games, and after time I started to be more stealthy, and I was a little unactive when I started playing AC, but out of know where I started Free Running, and I had never taken a Parkour Lesson in my life.

LightRey
07-14-2011, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
Well, my friend and I are always looking at buildings and assessing them for climbability. That's about the extent of it, though. Although there was one time I wished I had Eagle Vision to help me find something at work...
y'know I had that too. In fact, I went to Rome and Florence a few years back and when I was in Florence, well, remember this church? http://farm4.static.flickr.com...25260_a5422b688d.jpg (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3370/3276025260_a5422b688d.jpg)
I was almost aching to climb it and I was lmao when I found out it was a building in ACII.

Ruscris2
07-14-2011, 01:37 AM
It's not really the Bleeding Effect <lol>.
This happens if you do something more than it's normal to do.

Let's say your at a bar and watching an guy playing darts, for like, 2-3 hours a day.In those hours, your brain will notice the arm movement and the velocity it needs to score some good points.After a week, you'll try out the game and find out that your pretty good at it.
Same case applies here..You watch Ezio free-running for 20 hours, you'll start to get your free-running skills better too.

blazefp
07-14-2011, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Ruscris2:
It's not really the Bleeding Effect <lol>.
This happens if you do something more than it's normal to do.

Let's say your at a bar and watching an guy playing darts, for like, 2-3 hours a day.In those hours, your brain will notice the arm movement and the velocity it needs to score some good points.After a week, you'll try out the game and find out that your pretty good at it.
Same case applies here..You watch Ezio free-running for 20 hours, you'll start to get your free-running skills better too.

True

SoncowODST
12-31-2012, 09:54 AM
it's happening 2 me too.i sometimes feel like jumping,running around. also i always regard myself as an assassin.
but i dont think it's the BLEEDING EFFECT. it's just our addiction to the game!!!!!!

ShrunkLawyer0
12-31-2012, 10:42 AM
its called the tetris effect http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect

Aphex_Tim
12-31-2012, 11:39 AM
This has got to be the biggest bump i've witnessed in quite a while...

xboxauditore
12-31-2012, 12:35 PM
I seem to be suffering from a Type of Bleeding Effect, I'm like Daniel Cross, I scream in Russian and jump out windows.

GLHS
12-31-2012, 12:47 PM
Just check out the "You know you're obsessed with AC when..." threads. That's pretty much what this is. The dude went from a fan to obsessed. We all get there at some point. Just part of being an obsessive AC fan.

andreja110s
12-31-2012, 01:31 PM
I think Im in the weird part of the forums again...

kuled2012
12-31-2012, 01:45 PM
This is cringe-worthy stuff.

AjinkyaParuleka
12-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Yeah,lol I want to parkour...sad thing there's no obstacle to parkour lol,and my running style(Which is more like that of connor) and my speed has improved(3rd in 400m race for IX grade whole school's green sections race,wtf).I am kinda trying to figure out how they "wall climb".

Lass4r
12-31-2012, 02:26 PM
I tend to notice when there are buildings that look like they could be climbed, especially when I'm visiting cities with churches and spires.

But the worst one is caused by multiplayer. Sometimes when I'm in a large crowd I imagine that there are pursuers trying to catch me and sometimes I can even hear whispers xD Creepy stuff.

POP1Fan
12-31-2012, 04:15 PM
I have started to run like Ezio.

pacmanate
12-31-2012, 05:22 PM
Stupid thread

AjinkyaParuleka
12-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Stupid thread
No one gives a dam.n except you and me.

maxmaker128
12-04-2013, 05:35 PM
AHHHHHH I have it too BUT about all games (not like flying from playing superman) I played ac3 and next sec I can rum fast and quickly turn Connors I may sound like some freak but people need to know I have got it just from playing games all my life what's stocking me is if there is a reason I have it THIS IS NO LIE trust me its freaking me out having this all my life but now I know I'm not alone I hope this is no trick and now I'm back to being the one able to use it WE MAY ALL HAVE IT but it could not be free play games for ages you may have it too idk all I know is I have bleeding effect or it could have a other name BUT I must have it for a reason YOUR ALL GONA CALL ME A LIAR but I'm no liar I swear I'm not lying if you do have it too tell me AND we will find out why we have it

-max maker

DetroitPlaya
12-04-2013, 05:44 PM
go home, you are drunk

BigredInfinity
02-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Bleeding Effect:
The Bleeding Effect refers to a disorder wherein the genetic memories of one's ancestors begin to blend with the sufferer's own, real-time memories, often leading to difficulties in distinguishing between the two. In severe cases, this eventually resulted in mental breakdown.

The most common source of the condition tended to be overexposure to the Animus virtual machine, which deliberately sought to view an ancestor's genetic memories in a controlled fashion. The disorder was suggested, by Lucy Stillman, to be similar to "certain forms of multiple personality and delusional disorders."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject 4, Daniel Cross, manifested the Bleeding Effect in the form of images of people and objects from the past, as well as unknown symbols. Additionally, he sporadically experienced the memories of his ancestors Nikolai and Innokenti Orelov.

In around 1998, it was believed that the Bleeding Effect occurred naturally in Daniel, without prior exposure to an Animus. However, it was later discovered that he had in fact been placed in an older version of the Animus in around 1985.

By taking new medication and having weekly appointments with Dr. Sung, Daniel began to cope with the Bleeding Effect, although close proximity to a Piece of Eden could still cause a sudden relapse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject 16, Clay Kaczmarek, Lucy Stillman e-mailed her overseer, Warren Vidic, to describe Clay's reaction to the Animus in detail. After having remained in the Animus for days at a time, Clay gradually became unable to control the Bleeding Effect, and was driven to insanity by the genetic memories he experienced outside the Animus.

Clay showed difficulty in remembering who he was and what year it was, going so far as seeming unable to recall his own name. However, he thought clearly enough to keep the goal of revealing the Truth in mind, and to leave the messages and clues necessary to do so. He became increasingly obsessed to this end, leading him to write warnings to future subjects in his own blood, around the laboratory he was held in, which resulted in his apparent suicide.

Subject 17, Desmond Miles, gained the combat and freerunning abilities of his ancestors, as well as the ability to use Eagle Vision, through prolonged exposure to the Animus. This was followed by several hallucinations of his ancestors' memories outside the Animus, however, Desmond was told that as long as the visions were shorter than thirty seconds, he was not in any danger. To begin with, the visions started out phantom-like and indistinct, but became longer and more vivid, at one point causing Desmond to black out.

Over time, Desmond's symptoms began to grow worse, and he despaired to Lucy Stillman that if he could not stop the slowly lengthening visions, it would not be much longer before he started "painting symbols on the walls," as Clay had.

Additionally, Desmond began confusing his ancestors' memories with his own; notably when he began to tell Lucy about "the last time [he had been] here" while they were exploring the tunnels beneath Monteriggioni, prompting Lucy to correct him that it had been Ezio Auditore da Firenze who had experienced the events.

Despite his concerns, the hallucinations proved quite useful, with Desmond being able to navigate through the tunnels under the Villa Auditore, and later the Colosseo and Santa Maria in Aracoeli, by following his visions of Ezio. Desmond even performed his first Leap of Faith at Monteriggioni by doing so.
However, Rebecca Crane also once e-mailed Lucy that Desmond had started screaming in his sleep since they had arrived at the Sanctuary. This concern was expressed in turn by Lucy to Warren Vidic, who was using the name of William Miles. Vidic responded saying he sympathized with Desmond's well-being, but reminded her that they needed him in order to locate the Apple of Eden.

Later, Desmond's condition worsened to the point where he fell into a coma, fragmenting his mind within the Animus. To revert the damage done to his psyche, Desmond finished the remaining memories from Altar Ibn-La'Ahad and Ezio Auditore to create a Synch Nexus, and ultimately regain his own consciousness.

Similarly to the Assassins' attempts to train Desmond more quickly through use of the Bleeding Effect, Abstergo Industries also began to instruct potential Templars in a similar manner, in a large-scale project known as the Animi Training Program. Using multiple Animi, the trainees were exposed to the memories of previous Templars and non-Assassins, in order to incorporate their skills.

However, this was not the case in all their projects. For Project Legacy, which was open to a wider variety of candidates, messages of the DDS would constantly monitor whether their participants were beginning to show signs of the Bleeding Effect. In one such poll, the participants were requested to report if they were having difficulty recalling their name, or the present year.

Likewise, participants of Abstergo Entertainment's Sample 17 Project in 2013 were limited to a few hours inside the Animus each day, so as to limit the risk of any side effects, although this rule was easily ignored if the researcher wished.

LoyalACFan
02-11-2014, 11:26 PM
This... this is a bad thread. Y U bring it back?

Assassin_M
02-11-2014, 11:38 PM
No it's not..go outside, NAO

no more cucumbers before bed for you mister

SlashingMocha
07-01-2014, 06:38 PM
I've had that happen to me too. after playing far cry 3 i found myself effortlessly vaulting over objects and sliding. I wish there could be some research on this. Maybe it is some sort of placebo effect. sometime u should go rock climbing and see if you really are harnessing Ezio's skills

steveeire
07-01-2014, 06:45 PM
This is what going insane must feel like.

pacmanate
07-01-2014, 06:46 PM
I wonder the testicle....

LoyalACFan
07-01-2014, 06:50 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/72071-Louis-CK-frustration-reaction-iLM2.gif

Hans684
07-01-2014, 06:55 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/43504089.jpg