PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Certain Sounds in Campaign Mode

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 01:43 PM
This appears to have "come out of the blue".

I can't hear voices (ground control etc) and the flaps warning siren when in "campaign mode" - I can hear all other sounds.

In single missions and QMB I hear all sounds (including voices and the flaps warning siren).

Any ideas as to how to resolve this?

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 01:43 PM
This appears to have "come out of the blue".

I can't hear voices (ground control etc) and the flaps warning siren when in "campaign mode" - I can hear all other sounds.

In single missions and QMB I hear all sounds (including voices and the flaps warning siren).

Any ideas as to how to resolve this?

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 01:49 PM
Is your problem with IL2? FB? Out of box? patch 1.11? leaked beta patch? Oleg`s beta patch?

See what i`m trying to say here?

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 02:21 PM
SeaFireLIV - please re-post your reply (I don't appear to be able to view it).

Thanks

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 03:09 PM
The problem seems to be ocurring with the campaigns generated byFB - campaigns "imported" seem to be fine sound-wise.

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 04:03 PM
I'm using the (up to date) patched version of FB ie up to and incl patch 1.11.

The problem occurs when I request a response eg request for a vector to home base, request for assistance etc - a narrative reponse comes up on the screen, but no (voice) sound.

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 06:39 PM
Not sure, I have the Audigy player card and this happened to me once when I set channels to 32. Try 16 or 8 and keep quality to 22050 or lower. Restart. Might help.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 06:50 PM
Thanks SeaFireLIV - changing it back to 16 channels did the trick! Surprising that the problem only seemed to exist with FB-generated campaigns.

Thanks again