PDA

View Full Version : Heroe's Tribute .

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 07:01 PM
Hi all pilots !

Beeing aviation entusiasts we all belong to a world wide
family.Don't matter what nation you were born...if you spot a plane... and look up trying to find out what kind is it..., or when you read something about a pilot and his machine.... you get caught...and has to read evrething to now the story......
There is only one explanation to this.......
Aviation gasoline and blood are running together at your vein !! And there's nothing you can do to get rid of it !!!
I think most of you guys have heard something about a young man named Douglas Bader.This british pilot has a eyesome history at WW2.
In 1931 he lost his legs at a aerial acident. With mecanical legs ,he had to learn how to walk again....then when the war exploded he went to fight flying Hurricanes and Spitfires making his history as one of the great heroes of all.

Douglas Bader (DSO) is a legendary pilot because of his
acts during the war and also because of his courage facing all kinds of problems.

This pilot is my inspiration while i'm flying !!!

What pilot would you guys take by isnpiration? or witch
pilot is the great one for you ?

Sory for my poor english.

Saudations fron Brazil to all pilots !!!

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 07:01 PM
Hi all pilots !

Beeing aviation entusiasts we all belong to a world wide
family.Don't matter what nation you were born...if you spot a plane... and look up trying to find out what kind is it..., or when you read something about a pilot and his machine.... you get caught...and has to read evrething to now the story......
There is only one explanation to this.......
Aviation gasoline and blood are running together at your vein !! And there's nothing you can do to get rid of it !!!
I think most of you guys have heard something about a young man named Douglas Bader.This british pilot has a eyesome history at WW2.
In 1931 he lost his legs at a aerial acident. With mecanical legs ,he had to learn how to walk again....then when the war exploded he went to fight flying Hurricanes and Spitfires making his history as one of the great heroes of all.

Douglas Bader (DSO) is a legendary pilot because of his
acts during the war and also because of his courage facing all kinds of problems.

This pilot is my inspiration while i'm flying !!!

What pilot would you guys take by isnpiration? or witch
pilot is the great one for you ?

Sory for my poor english.

Saudations fron Brazil to all pilots !!!

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 07:17 PM
hi
was this the same british pilot.capturd by Jg 26(?)i think it was gallands book ,he talks about capturing a brit whose mechcanical legs were damaged in a crash(?) they dropped leaflets to the brits about this man and his spare legs(which were in britian) some pilot flew over the jg26 base waggled his wing and dropped the legs.two days after he got his spare legs,he promptly escaped.i believe he was captured ,only to try again and make it.lol

After it was refeuled i climbed in.With many manipulations the mechcanics started the turbines.I followed their actions with the greatest of interest.The first one started quite easily.the second caught fire.In no time the whole engine was on fire.Luckily as a fighter pilot i was used to getting quickly out of the cockpit.The fire was quickly put out.The second plane caused no trouble - Adolf Galland (first time in a ME262)

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 08:03 PM
There was one young person, i forget who, but this pilot was the son of Al Capone's lawyer, Easy Eddy. Easy Eddy didn't like that he had to lie in front of his son to protect a murderer, so he turned Capone in and died in a gunfight on a lonely street. Anyways, this young boy of his once flew a Corsair, and spotted a load of Jap bombers. He and his wingman fought them, and even when his wingman was shot down and he was out of ammo, he continued to scare the sheisse outta the bombers by pretending to shoot them. He save a carrier, his carrier he was stationed on, and became a hero.

----------------------------------------
"When you hit hell, tell 'em I sent ya!"

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Hey Godsock, His name was Butch O'Hare. He didn't fly corsairs, but flew wildcats and hellcats. They named a large airport in Chicago after him...you may have heard of it. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/_uimages/TBolt.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 09:14 PM
Man ....there are so many..... so so many.....
Benjamin O. Davis Jr. and the rest of the Tuskegee Airmen ...... for placeing excellence and devotion to duty and country above the slaps of rascism and injustice they all suffered under...before, during and after the war. And doing what they did very well.....

Chuck Yaeger...for having the right stuff...STILL!!

Pappy Boyington....for being one of the best fighter jocks the war had....can you imagine if he had been sober more often and not suffering from the physical effects of alcohol consumption.....I mean the man was a terror anyway!!!

And yeah... I gotta go with Doug Bader myself........ This guy must have had the heart of a lion......

There are so many.....Poryshkin, Galland, Hauptman, Zemke, Bailey, !S! to them all.....

<CENTER>http://www.world-wide-net.com/tuskegeeairmen/ta-1943.jpg <marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"Straighten up.......Fly right..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee> http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat

<CENTER><FONT COLOR="ORANGE">vflyer@comcast.net<FONT COLOR>
<Center><div style="width:200;color:red;font-size:18pt;filter:shadow Blur[color=red,strength=8)">99th Pursuit Squadron

Message Edited on 07/01/0304:15PM by Bearcat99

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 09:30 PM
Alex Poryshkin, for realizing he needed to control his drinking when he missed a shot against a Fascist bf109 in his MiG~3, and liking MiG~3 as best available fighter and knowing how to use it, even if you gotta be drunk to prefer that fighter. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 09:36 PM
** .."...Pokryshkin..."

Now here is laziness:: I cut~n~pasted Bearcat's spelling.http://www.boardy.de/images/smilies/kopfpatsch.gif

Well that's very helpful Bear. Thanks a lot pal.

I learn how to spell here, only at the ubi.com

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 09:39 PM
Mine are Hans-Joachim Marseille, and the pilots of 3/6 Orliak of the bulgarin airforce who defended my country from the US bombers. Stoyan Stoyanov, Dimitar Spisarevski. Also McCampbell, Jimmy Thatch

http://home.wanadoo.nl/wana.mail1/Op****/WurgerwhinerLogo.jpg

"An attack against a unit of Flying Fortresses was something like controlled suicide...Sometimes 50, Sometimes 80 machine guns were firing at you... You attempted to close you eyes & continue to fire, Frightened to death, Frightened to death."

Oberst Johannes Steinhoff (176 kills)

1C Ankanor, Defender Of The Truth

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 09:58 PM
Always admired Bader. Read he could handle more g's than the average pilot because the blood didn't flow down into his legs.
His buddies would fly a little extra distance away from him when returning from missions because he liked to smoke his pipe on the way back. "Just in case wing leader blows up."one once joked.

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 12:53 AM
Thx for reminding me. Butch O'Hare. I haven't read the story in about two yrs, so i am confoozed.

----------------------------------------
"When you hit hell, tell 'em I sent ya!"

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 03:56 AM
OK..... Pokryshkin..... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

<CENTER>http://www.world-wide-net.com/tuskegeeairmen/ta-1943.jpg <marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"Straighten up.......Fly right..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee> http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat

<CENTER><FONT COLOR="ORANGE">vflyer@comcast.net<FONT COLOR>
<Center><div style="width:200;color:red;font-size:18pt;filter:shadow Blur[color=red,strength=8)">99th Pursuit Squadron

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 08:37 AM
With all due respect, but when it comes to guts and flying you just have to mention Hans-Ulrich Rudel.

Rudel logged 2,530 combat missions, and was granted almost no leave throughout his four years of active duty, sometimes more than 10 combat missions per day.
Confirmed victories:
518+ Tanks
700 Trucks
150+ Flak and Artillery positions
9 Fighter/Ground Attack Aircraft
Hundreds of bridges, railway lines, bunkers, etc.
Battleship October Revolution, Cruiser Marat, and 70 landing craft
Flew with a cast on leg, had his leg blown away still continued flying.
I believe that this series is unparalleled in history.

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 08:52 AM
Douglas Bader was the godfather of Hans "Hasse" WindÔ┬┤s son. And Hasse had to go and witness the remains of "Kaleva" a Finnish airliner shot down by the Soviets during peace...

julle

Hasse: http://www.sci.fi/~fta/finace02.htm

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 09:26 AM
For me Douglas Bader is definately one of the all time greats. I think that anyone who got into those aircraft had amazing bravery, regardless of what side they fought on.

Don't forget the Dambuster chaps, flying a heavy Lanc at v.v.low level to Germany and back at night is simply amazing. There was a documentary about it with an interview with some of the remaining crew. One chap, a tail gunner, said they were flying down a road with trees above them either side - he saw cables of power lines etc going above them, he reckoned they were 20ft above the ground!

/m

http://www.world-data-systems.com/lomac/pirhana.jpg