PDA

View Full Version : AC2 Fighting Style of Ezio

catsrevenge
07-27-2010, 06:33 PM
hi

i realy want to know the style of ezio
i mean that turning moves punches and other stuff . what kind of martial art is it?
i want to learn how to punch while turning around =)
Thx..

thekyle0
07-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Don't ever use Ezio's moves in a fist fight. Speaking from six years of experience in martial arts, I can confirm that his style is based entirely in fiction and serves no practical use in reality.

However, if you still insist on learning it I can post a short list with descriptions of each move.

phil.llllll
07-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
Don't ever use Ezio's moves in a fist fight. Speaking from six years of experience in martial arts, I can confirm that his style is based entirely in fiction and serves no practical use in reality.

This. It looks mostly like wild flailing - there's even a spin move in there I think.

bokeef04
07-27-2010, 11:20 PM

However, if you still insist on learning it I can post a short list with descriptions of each move.

i didn't think it was that bad, I'm pretty sure if you stomp on a guys face while he's lying on the ground it will be effective, also watched some video's on youtube of the fist fighting and there was nothing too far fetched in it

if you don't mind me asking what style of martial arts do you train in?

thekyle0
07-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by bokeef04:
i didn't think it was that bad, I'm pretty sure if you stomp on a guys face while he's lying on the ground it will be effective, also watched some video's on youtube of the fist fighting and there was nothing too far fetched in it

if you don't mind me asking what style of martial arts do you train in? I was in Tong Soo Do for roughly two years and after I left that style I entered the Shorin Ryu and have been in that for roughly four years. I should clarify that this is the Yamas-h-i-ta (the autocensor is screwing with me so just ignore the dashes) school of Shorin Ryu since Shorin Ryu is such an extensive style that can change from school to school.

About your comment on face stomping, that would obviously be an exception. Other exceptions would be the other moves Ezio does when approaching an enemy from behind, two moves he occasionally does at the end of combos (One is here: 0:34 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUkU_IhM_j0&feature=channel) the other I can't find footage of. Ezio punches the guy between the legs, as he sinks to his knees, hands cupped over his manhood, Ezio grabs him by the face and smashes it with a hook punch), and all of the disarms, especially the disarms. Although it would be wise to subtract the head butt http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif.

So I'm really referring combos and most of the counters. That move that the OP mention where Ezio does the spinning motion. He's doing a short hook punch to knock the back, a spin-back-fist to keep them busy, and repeats that pattern up to four times. It takes years of training just to do that one move effectively without getting dizzy. The only trick I've found that can help at least alleviate the dizziness is to keep your head pointed toward the target until your neck can't twist anymore. Then you snap it around as quickly as possible and refocus on the target. Ballerinas use this trick to not get dizzy when they spin. It's a lot harder then it sounds and when you're trying to throw punches to the specific areas of your target's body it can be near impossible.

Another combo, where Ezio basically just throws eight consecutive hook/uppercut punches demonstrates everything somebody can do wrong with a hook punch. He throws them with his arm extended, rising from about waist level even somebody with no skill in fighting could block or dodge that since the body's natural reflex (cross the arms and flail them in the direction of the punch and lean the body to the side, away from wear the punch is coming) is a motion that would deflect an object with such a trajectory. What I would do he response to it is jump in close so that his punch connects with my hip bone before it builds up any considerable speed and then throw a few elbow and knee strikes before backing out again.

Another combo, the move where Ezio curves his back forward, puts his arms up so that his body resembles an ox head with horns, and throws a series of strange punches that look like hook punches but would have an effect more like a straight punch. All of them are to the head and as the target backs up Ezio just takes a step forward with each punch. This goes against two key principles of fighting. One, never let your guard down. This seems poor word choice since Ezio's guard is actually going above him, but the fact that the entire front of his body is exposed is what really matters. In a real fight anybody who does this will get knocked flat on their back unless their opponent is as much a dolt as the one who exposed himself. Two, never lead with what you want to hit. It's the first sparring move most martial arts styles will teach you. When you move in to attack a target, throw a fake, and as the opponent moves their arms to block that attack throw another attack where he's exposed himself. Ezio just keeps attacking the same spot over and over again. This makes it easy for the opponent to counter because you've made it too easy for them to predict what you'll do next.

Hopefully this much convinces you. I really don't feel like doing another text block for the counters. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Murcuseo
07-29-2010, 09:14 AM
10/10 for utter waffle there kyle, good effort lol

Can you actually answer the OPs original question, without saying the style doesn't exist of course. There must be some influences in there somewhere.

Short answer plz, well... as short as you can bring yourself to make it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

thekyle0
07-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
10/10 for utter waffle there kyle, good effort lol

Can you actually answer the OPs original question, without saying the style doesn't exist of course. There must be some influences in there somewhere.

Short answer plz, well... as short as you can bring yourself to make it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Since your talking about a long post, I assume you're refering to the second. That was directed at Bokeef04, not the OP, so it's unrealistic to assume I was trying to answer the OP's question with it.

Also, I seriously doubt that most of Ezio's moves were influenced by a legitamate martial art. Like I said, "based entirely in fiction". I suppose it's possible that some of Ezio's moves, the ones I described before, could be based on some style I haven't heard of. If that's the case then I think that the leaders of that style should seriously revise how they fight because they wouldn't be able to compete with other styles, based on how Assassin's Creed represents them. However, I suppose being based on it doesn't make it the same, and elements that could have made some of Ezio's moves practical could have been lost in the transition.

Murcuseo
07-29-2010, 10:10 AM
lol I wasn't assuming anything chief, can I take that as a no then... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

I just thought seeing as you know lots and lots and lots and lots about martial arts you might be able to point out some of the styles that have influence on his... if any.

Nevermind though lol

El_Sjietah
07-29-2010, 10:53 AM
It's probably based off of Hollywood http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

thekyle0
07-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
lol I wasn't assuming anything chief, can I take that as a no then... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

I just thought seeing as you know lots and lots and lots and lots about martial arts you might be able to point out some of the styles that have influence on his... if any.

Nevermind though lol I already answered his question:

Originally posted by catsrevenge:
what kind of martial art is it?

Originally posted by theKyle0:
his style is based entirely in fiction Now what you seem to be suggesting in your most recent post is that I wasn't able to name an influence because of an ignorance in martial arts. Allow me to make an analogy. Let's say you're an expert in 11th century art. If you go to an art show and see this picture displayed:

and then, 11th century art expert that you are, somebody asks you if this picture has any influences from 11th century works. Are you supposed to pull out a list of people whose work has directly inspired it?

Murcuseo
07-30-2010, 10:18 AM

Now what you seem to be suggesting in your most recent post is that I wasn't able to name an influence because of an ignorance in martial arts. Allow me to make an analogy. Let's say you're an expert in 11th century art. If you go to an art show and see this picture displayed:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif
and then, 11th century art expert that you are, somebody asks you if this picture has any influences from 11th century works. Are you supposed to pull out a list of people whose work has directly inspired it?

Tut tut, that's a bit of an innapropriate picture to be posting on a family friendly forum.

Shame on you squire...

I did say nevermind by the way but I suppose it's like waving a rag at a bull http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Also, I wasn't suggesting anything, kind'a like I wasn't assuming earlier on in the discussion lol

I just find it amusing that you take yourself so seriously when it comes to something you know lots and lots and lots and lots about. And I mean all the lots with the utmost respect of course, remember I don't suggest or assume anything. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Although you say Ezios style is based 'entirely' on fiction is there not maybe one or two influences from real life martial arts in there somewhere... his stance, his guard... anything?

Surely someone with your expansive knowledge can come up with something better than just fiction lol

random913
06-09-2013, 04:18 AM
thekyle0 guess what kill yourself. How dare you insult a legendary. If he were not so nice he would rise back from the dead just to snap your neck. I could bet 5,000,000,000 he would beat the living crud out of you! His moves are amazing and would destroy!

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 04:26 AM
thekyle0 guess what kill yourself. How dare you insult a legendary. If he were not so nice he would rise back from the dead just to snap your neck. I could bet 5,000,000,000 he would beat the living crud out of you! His moves are amazing and would destroy!
Da..................fuq

ze_topazio
06-09-2013, 01:21 PM
It's street fighting techniques, kick *** while looking badass without even knowing how.

shobhit7777777
06-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Da..................fuq

Come on....look at his username

@OP

The fighting style is called - Imagi Fu

And ancient fighting style born not out of practice or experience but out of the recesses of the Human imagination...where practicality and effectiveness take a backseat in favour of "HOLY **** did you see how his head popped off!!" and "Ima kill all dem modda***kas!"

Basically...please don't pursue this fighting style because you'll get yourself hurt in real life...the CCTV footage will be extremely embarassing as well

MasterAssasin84
06-09-2013, 03:14 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24850288.jpg