PDA

View Full Version : Why do Desmond, Ezio and Altair look different now?

lightlamp
11-16-2011, 04:24 PM
They all looked better in the past games now they just look...weird

CRUDFACE
11-16-2011, 04:26 PM
-Because Altair is not being viewed genetically. and it's TWCB tech not just our animus thing anymore
-Because Ezio is just older now, so his face sags...allot.
-Desmond got his face and overall look upgraded as stated by the developers

Desmond looks like crap to me. But I like Ezio and Altair's faces.

E-Zekiel
11-16-2011, 04:30 PM
I don't like Desmond's look because I don't like the beard on him. It just seems wrong. I have a feeling that behind that beard, he probably still looks good, though.

Ezio? Well, he's older, obviously.

Haven't seen Alta´r yet. Will post again after I have.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-16-2011, 04:33 PM
I agree that Desmond's face in particular is messed up. The shape of his head and nose have changed, he looks more like an ape than a man. Hopefully we'll get used to it. He looks more detailed and high res, but the shape of his head is definitely weird. He used to look nearly identical to Altair and pretty close to Ezio.

lightlamp
11-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I don't like Desmond's look because I don't like the beard on him. It just seems wrong. I have a feeling that behind that beard, he probably still looks good, though.

Haven't seen Alta´r yet. Will post again after I have. Altair looks the same as Desmond but without a beard

CRUDFACE
11-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by lightlamp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

Haven't seen Alta´r yet. Will post again after I have. Altair looks the same as Desmond but without a beard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think so. His eyes are smaller, his beard grows in different...he does. Look up a pic of him and compare the two. You'll see.

Yusuf and S16 were done VERY WELL!

Yoshack Fyre84
11-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Subject 16 looks NOTHING like he did in previous games!

(My attempt at humour, sorry, lol)

Serrachio
11-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Even I noticed that the irises on characters' eyes seemed rather big, but that could probably because the eyes seem to bulge out of the head more now.

CRUDFACE
11-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Yoshack_Fyre:

It worked, I went for the lulz. I was gonna type, he was just liens and a voice, but well, yeah, lol.

@Serrachio: the bulge out like Sofia chest does out of her dress

dxsxhxcx
11-16-2011, 05:26 PM
they decided to "improve" (with quotes because some people might disagree with me) the graphics a bit...

theory: since this time they are showing an older Ezio, it would be awkward to see him with the same face as Desmond at his (Ezio) current age, so they decided to give new faces to everyone (Altair, Desmond and Ezio)...

EDIT: I didn't saw t260z's first post before post my opinion.. xD

E-Zekiel
11-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Yoshack_Fyre:

This made me laugh out loud XD

solonite77
11-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Ezio looks cool as he is older but Desmond doesn't look that good and what's with their teeth it seems they all look bucktooth or something. Perhaps it's their jaws or something, hopefully I will get use to it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Shaunzy95
11-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Desmond looks like Adam Sandler.

Ezio is okay. I mean, he is old.

I'm getting used to Altair. At first I hated that the voice had changed, but I'm used to it now.

LightRey
11-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Redone engine. End of explanation.

Antiqious
11-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Shaunzy95:

I'm getting used to Altair. At first I hated that the voice had changed, but I'm used to it now.

Eh,I really liked Altair's voice. He actually sounds Arabic now, just like Ezio sounds Italian. xD

Yoshack Fyre84
11-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Shaunzy95:

You're totally right, Adam Sandler to a T!

I'm glad I made some people laugh with my Subject 16 joke, if it can even be called a joke. I made myself laugh.

E-Zekiel
11-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Adam Sandler, LOL

Sarari
11-16-2011, 07:28 PM
**SPOILER**
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">If you see Altair's face before he dies, he looks just like Ezio with the beard. They used the same faces for Altair and Ezio, but they were able to cover that with the age differences.</span>

DannyStrong
11-16-2011, 09:17 PM
this happened in ac2 as well. They gave desmond the scar on his mouth that ezio got when he gets in a fight in the beginning of ac2.. lucy also looked completely different in ac2 than she did in ac1..

Some of it kind of gets explained with the story, other stuff has no explanation and they simply just wanted to touch up the graphics.

Animuses
11-16-2011, 09:44 PM
@Sarari
Even though old Altair looks like Ezio, the face is still Altair's and not Ezio's.

The only annoying thing about Altair's voice... it doesn't change with age.

WildBoar44
11-17-2011, 12:43 AM
Ezio's gettin old?

KuldarYldrad
11-17-2011, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Animuses:
@Sarari
The only annoying thing about Altair's voice... it doesn't change with age. Damned, I though it was a bad dubbing in French but it's also the case in English? :s

Sarari
11-17-2011, 06:22 AM
I have to admit, Ubisoft didn't really do a very good job with Altair's character in ACR. I feel like they just wanted to get him over with and back to Ezio.

Grandmaster_Z
11-17-2011, 06:41 AM
desmond looks like he got michael jackson surgery

dewgel
11-17-2011, 07:00 AM
My guess why they look different..

All of you used to complain that they were clones graphically and moaned about it.

Btw, Sofia looks the best. Not the bulging boobies, her facial capture is great.

I wish they got cam Clarke for 16s voice again. His voice is much better

LightRey
11-17-2011, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:

All of you used to complain that they were clones graphically and moaned about it.

Btw, Sofia looks the best. Not the bulging boobies, her facial capture is great.

Agree, agree and I think this one works too.

assassin_smurf
11-17-2011, 02:35 PM
collagen injections for everyone

CRUDFACE
11-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:

I thought Clarke was so good. He played a great guy going crazy. And Sofia does look good, and I wish her face transferred better into AC: Embers.

lol, I liked how the assassins looked like each other. It showed how the animus had an effect on the characters appearance.

Shaunzy95
11-17-2011, 05:58 PM
He does! Lol. When people saw the IGN clip, they compared him to Niko Belic. But he's Adam Sandler, no doubt about it xD

Jack-DA
11-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Couldn't help but notice the changes either. My gf caught it first, during the introduction video she just randomly yelled out "What the H*ll happened to his nose?!" at first I didn't know what she was talking about but once Desmond woke up on the island and we see his face we both just started laughing, you can't argue, that nose is freaking huge and it just makes him look weird. Someone earlier on here made a comment he looks like an ape. I agree.

Same for Ezio in our opinion, he has a huge nose and set of eyes, and now he just looks weird too. He looked great in the rendered cutscene, but quite a bit different during gameplay. I'm doing my best to ignore it during conversation scenes lol. And Of course the gf is sad b/c she thought Ezio was hot, now he looks kinda messed up, which I agree.

I will admit though the jump in detail on everyone else's faces though is really nice, very happy with that. Ezio and Desmond are the only issue it seems. (The Noseeeeeee!!!!!) haha

rataven
11-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Oh man, these characters really got hit hard with the ugly stick on their way from Brotherhood to Rev! What the heck happened? I'm having a very hard time getting through this game because I can't get over how bizarro everyone looks!

I think we should petition Ubi to create a DLC skin of Desmond from II/Brotherhood, and a skin of end-game Brotherhood Ezio. What's been done to their looks in Rev is nothing short of sad.