PDA

View Full Version : padlock explanation for newbie please

Daytraders
11-15-2004, 01:52 PM
whats the difference between the following i need a good explanation really.

padlock enemy

padlock enemy ground

external padlock enemy air

external padlock closest enemy air

i just really dont understand what the difference is between padlock and external really, and when to use them.

there are lots more but im just not sure what and when to use them and do i need a key set for every type, would mean i need like 13 keys assisned to them all, so what are the main padlock's to use surely you dont all use evey padlock available. thx

Daytraders
11-15-2004, 01:52 PM

padlock enemy

padlock enemy ground

i just really dont understand what the difference is between padlock and external really, and when to use them.

there are lots more but im just not sure what and when to use them and do i need a key set for every type, would mean i need like 13 keys assisned to them all, so what are the main padlock's to use surely you dont all use evey padlock available. thx

Jason Bourne
11-15-2004, 02:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daytraders:

padlock enemy

padlock enemy ground

there are lots more but im just not sure what and when to use them and do i need a key set for every type, would mean i need like 13 keys assisned to them all, so what are the main padlock's to use surely you dont all use evey padlock available. thx <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

padlock enemy: keep the pilot looking at the enemy raget in the center of your view from within the cockpit view, can be broken by clouds

padlock enemy ground: see above, but with a ground target, most people AFAIK really dont use it, since ground targets are relativly easy to find.

external blah blah blah: same as above, but is more like F2 view, were you also see your plane

external blah blah blah: same as above, but will target closest plane, ie, the one on your 6

|CoB|_Spectre
11-15-2004, 02:20 PM
Turning padlock on will give you the ability to visually "lock-on" to the object you've designated once it's within a specified range. To differentiate between padlocking enemy and friend, you have to turn target icons on, otherwise it will lock-on to either friend or foe. The "padlock enemy" is for visually locking onto enemy aircraft, "padlock enemy ground" locks onto enemy ground assets. If you're current view is outside the cockpit, use "external padlock enemy air", to acquire visual lock onto enemy aircraft. If you're outside the cockpit and select "external padlock closest enemy air", and the closest enemy aircraft is behind you, your viewpoint will swing around in front of your aircraft, looking back at the enemy on your six. Some people like and use padlock, some don't and some even find it disorienting. Personally, I like the way padlock works in this game, especially since I don't have a TrackIR. Some people won't allow padlock in online games because it does give you some limited ability to acquire a target that you might otherwise have missed. I find it a decent compromise for simulating a 3D experience on a 2D display. I hope this helps.

Daytraders
11-15-2004, 03:00 PM
thankyou both for explanations http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mjollnir111675
11-15-2004, 05:20 PM
Riddle me this ,Riddle me that,

OK whats the diff 'tween select engine X and select/unselect engine X?
Like I said before what exactly IS the diff?
Seems to me that if one assignment can do both why have an assignment that can do only one??
Just wundri