PDA

View Full Version : sh3 under recall?

xr_fighter
07-23-2005, 12:30 AM
went to game spot like 2 days ago trying to buy this game and the dudes working there told me they got no copys cause the game is under recall by ubi wtf? asked him why he said i guess its cause its not so popular not selling well.(eather that or cause star force suxs messing with ppls pc and all) if this is true this will suck cause this game is perty nice been playing it since nintendo days. Later that day stoped at best buy and got the only copy there. anyone know anything about this?

RenT_A_CoW
07-23-2005, 01:06 AM
mabey they have no copys cuz the game IS selling and the guy doesnt know S***. ive seen lots of copys at frys electronics and other places. also if the game was being recalled they would probly have said somthing in the website so i wouldnt worry too much. (BTW sorry ubi about your disaster with starforce and the tight release date. i love the game and appreciate the time and money you put in to it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif )

xr_fighter
07-23-2005, 01:12 AM
well i was just brozing the threads under the new add on SEEWOLVES and some other guy was saying something about ubi no longer suports sh3 and that no more patches are comming

come on ubi hang in there we cant let this gmae go just like that.

Maj_Solo
07-23-2005, 02:12 AM
interesting to see what the future brings ..... where is UBI going .... hello! anybody home?!?

fizilbert
07-23-2005, 05:55 AM
Let me ask you something, if you go to Frys electronics and see a lot of copies there, does that really mean the game is selling well? To me, if the game was selling well, you would not find a whole lot of copies, because people would be buying them up.

It does not seem strange to me that Gamespot is pulling it from their shelves. Not to say anything is wrong with the game, but they've probably noticed from their own sales reports that the game is not selling well (maybe only for them, who knows) and have decided to take it off the shelves to make room for other products. If you owned a store, you would do the same thing if you found out your "whatsadoodle" wasn't selling well. You'd take it off the shelf and make room for more "whatchamacallits," which were selling well.

Beastttt
07-23-2005, 07:33 AM
or they just got a restock
they are more likely to reduce the price and try to blow out there stock if it is a bad seller
they may have a special deal with their distibutor that if sales are flat they will buy them back for a restock fee
most likely not though

Caseck73
07-23-2005, 10:11 AM
From my understanding of the business, this is just the way things work.

Gamestores try to treat games like videos. After it's a new release for X number of days, and the initial burst of selling drops after release, they yank them all off the shelves, and send them to discount outlets, and try and get "The Latest Thing" up on their store-shelves.

It's ridiculous when it comes to video games, but in the wonderful world of accounting, it allows them to recoup some of the money they spend on inventory.

Realistically, they should hold only a smaller inventory of many games, but as craptacular as many games are, it'd be hard for them to justify keeping them around.

And obviously, game developers can rarely pick "A Winner" so how can they choose what to keep on their shelves?

It's capitalism, at it's strangest. They're just following the numbers.

WhiteKnight77
07-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Gamestop (the store in the malls, now owned by EB Games) and not Gamespot, are reducing the number of PC games they sell and upping the number of console games they carry. They now only have a small 2'x2' double-sided wire rack for PC games compared to the 2 4' tall wooden shelf racks they had even 4 years ago (at least at the mall near me).

I would rather get my games at CompUSA, BestBuy or better still GoGamer.com.

There has been no recall of SHIII (though they should create versions without Starforce and send them to current customers).

eric_475
07-23-2005, 05:11 PM
The first time I read about the recall i thought that maybe a hacker made a "hot toilet sex" mod. Ubi didn't want to fight it so they recalled it!?