PDA

View Full Version : Sturmovik 1946 Available or Not???

bmoffa
03-14-2007, 07:28 AM
I placed a pre-order for 1946 in the digital store 2 days ago. When I go to my account page it still shows it as pre-order where the download button should be. Why can't I get it?
Is it not available? It is supposed to be shipping in the US (where I am) as of yesterday.
I have not received any responses from the support site either.

HonestHeart
03-14-2007, 07:32 AM
Try contacting gogamer--I got my copy from them and it got here (Kansas) in something like 5 days--and this was several weeks ago.

bmoffa
03-14-2007, 07:40 AM
Thanks, but I already paid for it at the UBISoft digital store.

ChrisMyhre
03-14-2007, 08:25 AM
I stopped at Circuit City and Microcenter yesterday. Circuit city couldn't even find the game in their computer at all. Microcenter had a banner up with its release date as yesterday but said it didn't arrive but they thought they would have them today. I took a business card and plan on calling before I stop by again today.

berg417448
03-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by bmoffa:
I placed a pre-order for 1946 in the digital store 2 days ago. When I go to my account page it still shows it as pre-order where the download button should be. Why can't I get it?
Is it not available? It is supposed to be shipping in the US (where I am) as of yesterday.
I have not received any responses from the support site either.

That is odd. I pre-ordered from the UBI store and mine arrived yesterday by Fed Ex.

bmoffa
03-14-2007, 09:25 AM
I ordered mine using the digital store option. I is supposed to be downloadable when released. But it still shows PREORDERED where the DOWNLOAD button should be.

I'm beginning to think I got screwed. I was paid by credit card.

RiesenSchnauzer
03-14-2007, 09:57 AM
I pre-ordered too and can't get the download. Ubisoft sucks and they don't care that they suck. I will dance a jig the day they go belly up.

FE_pilot
03-14-2007, 10:38 AM
You can always go to a store a purchase the game.

Also looks like the game is delayed again until the March 16th for release in the USA.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646927

RiesenSchnauzer
03-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Alright the download just appeared so whoever pre-ordered the download should be able to get it now.

M_Gunz
03-14-2007, 11:55 AM
You really want the download version when it's available on DISK?
Oh well, what you gonna do next time you have a drive wipe or total upgrade?

h009291
03-14-2007, 12:13 PM
I found a copy at EB Games in Red Deer yesterday http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

ChrisMyhre
03-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Been trying all week anyone know if its finally in stores today?

Tuor2112
03-16-2007, 01:28 PM
I had my hand on a copy at walmart this morning and they wouldn't sell it to me as the register wouldn't accept the barcode! The employee took all 4 copies of the shelf. Nuts!

ChrisMyhre
03-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Unbelievable, I called ahead to Micro Center and was told they had it in stock, get there and they don't have any. I don't know if the kid that answered the phone just read the release date (its on a huge banner there as 3/13) or if they had it and pulled it off the shelves like Wal-Mart or something. EB games also didn't have it, Circuit city doesn't seem to even know it exists. I thought I was fine waiting it out so I could buy a copy at a store but this is starting to get pretty ridiculous.

guitarjava
03-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Tuor2112, I went through the same thing tonight at Walmart.

But then the Electronics personnel took it back to their area, did a double check on the release date, said it was okay to sell, and manually overode the code with one of their handheld scanners, and sold it to me.

Snuffy Smith
03-16-2007, 11:09 PM
I know it is late, but I can really recommend GoGamer.com. They always been very honest and upfront on delivery and availability. With luck you have your copy by now, though.

PS: I got mine from them in one day, and I just paid for normal delivery.

papotex
03-17-2007, 02:28 AM
i ordered from gogammer and been playing it for a year already. you guys are missing out big time hahahahah!!!!

Hawgdog
03-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by RiesenSchnauzer:
Ubisoft sucks and they don't care that they suck. I will dance a jig the day they go belly up.

If that were shorter it would be a worthy sig-quote http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

GAU-8
03-17-2007, 07:25 PM
i just came back from searching my local FRY'S, times 2 COMP USA, times 7 WALMARTS, and 2 electronics boutique. NOBODY in Houston has it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

but i did pick up a 1/18 scale F-86f "THE HUFF" so its not to bad a day.

guess ill check them all back in a week or so.

keblmb
03-17-2007, 07:30 PM
One of the Walmart's in Columbus, OH has it. It was on the shelves. I tried to purchase it, but the scanner would not accept it. They said they could not sell it yet, then they put it back on the shelf.

T_Kang
03-17-2007, 07:53 PM
I had Pre-Ordered the D/L by accident about a month ago. I downloaded the 3.38Gb.zip on 14MAR07. I took a little over an hour to download (after dealing with the IGN download manager).

Originally posted by M_Gunz:
You really want the download version when it's available on DISK?
Oh well, what you gonna do next time you have a drive wipe or total upgrade?

I really did not prefer the D/L version, but it took about 18 minutes to burn and verify an .ISO copy on disc. If I loose the disc, or another hurricane wipes out the PC... The download is always available for backup. Just a thought. Now if I was on a dial-up ISP, that would be another story...

stormysnakes
03-18-2007, 08:07 AM
I just tried to buy 1946 at Walmart. There were four copies of the game, and Walmart wouldn't sell the game to me. They said it was a store wide thing, and they tried to give me multiple reasons why they couldn't sell it. It sucks. I waited for several months for the game, and it's finally in my hand, and the store refuse to sell. I wanted to make a big fuss, but I had other priorities at the time, so I left without buying the game. They did take the game off the shelves.

I called both Gamestops yesterday, and they didn't have it either.

stormysnakes
03-18-2007, 10:55 AM
I went to another Walmart, and they still won't sell the game. I tried to reason with the clerk, but he said that even the President of Walmart couldn't buy the game. Another clerk said that they had the same problem with a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game. Isn't TMNT being released by Ubisoft also? Maybe there's a connection there. Whatever. This clerk also took 1946 off the shelf. I'll try Bestbuy or some other electronic store later.

papotex
03-18-2007, 11:46 AM
GAU-8 PM me

Tank50
03-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Got mine yesterday [March 17] at the Micro Center in Radnor, PA. No problem.

blindplayer
03-18-2007, 12:21 PM
haha...i also waited for it to be released in stores here and I finally have it. I expected EBgames to have it last wednesday when it should have already been released, but when i went and asked them they said since it was an "obscure title" they wouldnt order it if no one reserved a copy before release. I laughed when he said that. I checked online the next day and it said they were getting more copies delivered, so I went and got it yesterday...they had 2 copies of it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and they werent even on the floor. I had to ask them if they had it. He got it out of a cabinet behind the counter and then he tried to read me all contents of the game from the back of the box(how it had FB and PF, etc) and I laughed in my head, as if i didnt already know. stores just dont care about PC gaming any more. I work at circuit city and our PC game section is honestly pathetic...oh well, I got it know and that's all that matters

Deceptoris
03-18-2007, 11:56 PM
I bought 1946 from Direct2Driver, and didn't have any problem with it. Simple purchase, simple download.

Randall194
03-19-2007, 06:05 AM
Got mine off eBay via Melbourne shop no problems.

XyZspineZyX
03-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by h009291:
I found a copy at EB Games in Red Deer yesterday http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

They have computers in Alberta? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Chris0382
03-19-2007, 02:13 PM
As I posted in another thread the Walmart in Cromwell,CT has them and the ring up at $29.92 confirmed by me.