PDA

View Full Version : Help on "The Truth" *Spoilers

Layytez
11-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Hello all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I just signed up because i need some help clearing up something.

I assume that the majority of you have seen the truth video that was present in Assassins Creed II and have various views and opinions on it.

Today i watched it again and began to compare in addition to what is on the wiki page. So we see Adam and Eve running and climbing that building with someone behind him them. People say it is those that came before, some say it Adam and Eve's child and some say it is another hybrid of those who came before and humans just like Adam and Eve or they could just be another human. Now the video is provided by subject 16 so i am assuming that it is a memory of subject 16 reliving who ever is running with Adam and Eve.

At the end of the video I am unsure who says "Eve". Some say it was Adam who said it which may make sense that who ever is behind them could be their child and that subject 16 is reliving that memory. Although some say that it is not Adam who says it but it is the the person that was running with them. Now that would make sense if it was another hybrid or human who said "Eve" but it wouldn't make sense if it was their child otherwise they would have said "Mom" or "Mother".

Now if Clay (subject 16) is able to go back that far in the animus what stops Desmond from doing so ? Could going back that far in the animus cause an accelerated version of the bleeding effect that Clay (subject 16) and Desmond developed ? Some of this is not clear to me. Its not stated how far back in the animus you can go, only how long in it you can stay before you start developing the bleeding effect.

I also noticed glitches in the video. I think these glitches could be the animus struggling to go far so much in order to keep the memory from stopping or desynchronising similar to when playing if you moved to far away from your objective the screen would glitch and if u continued you would desynchronize.

Feel free to correct me on things i may have gotten wrong.

LightRey
11-26-2011, 09:42 AM
The bleeding effect becomes worse the more ancestors a subject visits. The problem is caused by the subject's mind not being able to differentiate between the ancestors and the subject, so more ancestors would accelerate the problem.

Layytez
11-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
The bleeding effect becomes worse the more ancestors a subject visits. The problem is caused by the subject's mind not being able to differentiate between the ancestors and the subject, so more ancestors would accelerate the problem.

Ah ok so even if they stay with one ancestor for extreme periods of time it wouldn't make a difference ?

LightRey
11-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by The-Hollow:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Ah ok so even if they stay with one ancestor for extreme periods of time it wouldn't make a difference ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well it would, because the ancestor becomes more and more "real" to the subject that way. For example, if Desmond had only visited one simple memory of Alta´r and then never again it's likely that nothing would've happened, because he has only one memory that deviates very much from his own memories. It's quite easy for his mind to see it as an anomaly. However, viewing all important memories of Alta´r's entire life will create a much different situation, as the difference between Alta´r and Desmond seems to fade memory-wise.

With more ancestors the problem increases exponentially, because the baseline (Desmond's memories) becomes even less distinguishable.