PDA

View Full Version : What to do with corrupted patches?

Catandra
08-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Hey Gents,

I'm re-installing PF and I downloaded patch 3.03 last night. This morning, half way through the run process, it tells me that it was corrupted. Obviously, I need to download it again but do I need to re-install the sim too? Or will an uncorrupted patch fix the sim?

LEXX_Luthor
08-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Not sure, but probably.

Free Tipp:: When you install the game, make backup folder and leave the backup game alone, unPatched, never use it. Then Patch up the original game install and play that. If you pork it, you have the backup folder ready to replace the porked game, so no need to install from CD ever again.

Jaws2002
08-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Your game should be ok. If you hit run on a download I think the file is first downloaded in a temporary folder and then opened.
One tip here. when you download a patch don't hit "open" or "run", click on save. In other words save the patch first on the desktop or Documents and after is downloaded install it (run). This way you have a copy of the patch just in case you need it later.

Atomic_Marten
08-11-2005, 07:16 PM
IMO you should be fine once you download and install 'good' patch. Not 100% sure, tho http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

neural_dream
08-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Catandra:
do I need to re-install the sim too? Or will an uncorrupted patch fix the sim?

the second

Stackhouse25th
08-11-2005, 08:56 PM
redownload the patch