PDA

View Full Version : Skies in multiplayer?

Kaptein_Damli
09-18-2007, 04:45 AM
I have been fooling around offlne, starting the US campaing and doing some quick missions. I have normal difficulty settings and regarding to graphics, the game eats power! I really want to fly with perfect landscape and everything else on excellent, but then I have to turn of skies. I have red that the AI sees through it, making a handicap for me offline. I have not tried to play online yet, as I need more experience before I do, but I wonder if you guys have skies settings on? What will happen with my graphic settings if I join a server on Hyperlobby? I have a 3.0 GHZ P4, 2 GB RAM and 7600 GT GPU with 256 MB RAM.

If I fly complety alone, I can have everything on max, but in a campaing it "lags" if I have skies on. I also wonder if people with good systems will have an advantage with ie. high visibility and so on if someone has low because of lower systems. So I bet I have to live with skies on, and tone down the other settings online. Is the server deciding what graphical settings I can use? Like sky settings and visibility for example?

Kaptein_Damli
09-18-2007, 04:45 AM
I have been fooling around offlne, starting the US campaing and doing some quick missions. I have normal difficulty settings and regarding to graphics, the game eats power! I really want to fly with perfect landscape and everything else on excellent, but then I have to turn of skies. I have red that the AI sees through it, making a handicap for me offline. I have not tried to play online yet, as I need more experience before I do, but I wonder if you guys have skies settings on? What will happen with my graphic settings if I join a server on Hyperlobby? I have a 3.0 GHZ P4, 2 GB RAM and 7600 GT GPU with 256 MB RAM.

If I fly complety alone, I can have everything on max, but in a campaing it "lags" if I have skies on. I also wonder if people with good systems will have an advantage with ie. high visibility and so on if someone has low because of lower systems. So I bet I have to live with skies on, and tone down the other settings online. Is the server deciding what graphical settings I can use? Like sky settings and visibility for example?

Deadmeat313
09-18-2007, 04:58 AM
You mean clouds, right?

You are correct in that the AI will see through clouds. I think online servers can force a particular cloud setting so that everybody is seeing the same thing. Otherwise one would be able to cheat by turning them off.

If your game chugs you are probably better off toning some other graphics aspect down.

See how it plays online first though, you might be pleasantly surprised. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

T.

GIAP.Shura
09-18-2007, 05:06 AM
If you really need perfect landscape settings, what about toning down your resolution? Other things you can check is that 3d-gunners is off and have simpler shadows.

Frankly, your system is more than powerful enough to run IL2 very well. I would say that the skies are where you are flying. Turning off clouds would be shortchanging yourself.

Kaptein_Damli
09-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Hehehe..I meant clouds... hehe... It is not an option setting my resolution down as my LCD screen has a native resolution at 1280X1024. Setting it lower will force it to rescale making the image look worse. I will try 3D gunners off, and high or excellent landscape and simpler clouds. Think I can live with that! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif