PDA

View Full Version : i love to see this baby do her thing (typeVIIB/C)

oscar0072004
10-22-2004, 01:13 PM
after investegating the new VIIB screenshots i have to say eliminated about 95 % of my distrust about the DEV team doing a good job.
when i started the topic VIIC wintergarten flaw i was really convinced that the dev team where gonna keep the conning tower seen on the stormy weather footage . now it seems that not only did they model the conning-tower correct they seem to have precisly (with militairy precision) re-modeled the ships hull as exactly the real thing . if you,ve seen das boot you know what i mean . it really gives a good indication of scale . though the VIIB/C is only a medium boat and is in meassure ment pretty small , it still gives a sence of a pretty big chuck of metal. and that is something i allways missed in sh-2 where the external view looked more like small toy u-boat . being an expert on the type VIIB/C and also is my favourate u-boat i can see that it lookes like the real thing . just check a lot of real viic u-boat pics on the net . u-boat war patroll is an exellent book with many pictures that show good scale indication . i can tell ya one thing its very hard to seperate real pics of the VIIB/C and large screenshots of sh-3,s VIIB/C.

i would love to see this baby im action in the next video , though i think thats not fair to the type IX lovers.

oscar0072004
10-22-2004, 01:13 PM
after investegating the new VIIB screenshots i have to say eliminated about 95 % of my distrust about the DEV team doing a good job.
when i started the topic VIIC wintergarten flaw i was really convinced that the dev team where gonna keep the conning tower seen on the stormy weather footage . now it seems that not only did they model the conning-tower correct they seem to have precisly (with militairy precision) re-modeled the ships hull as exactly the real thing . if you,ve seen das boot you know what i mean . it really gives a good indication of scale . though the VIIB/C is only a medium boat and is in meassure ment pretty small , it still gives a sence of a pretty big chuck of metal. and that is something i allways missed in sh-2 where the external view looked more like small toy u-boat . being an expert on the type VIIB/C and also is my favourate u-boat i can see that it lookes like the real thing . just check a lot of real viic u-boat pics on the net . u-boat war patroll is an exellent book with many pictures that show good scale indication . i can tell ya one thing its very hard to seperate real pics of the VIIB/C and large screenshots of sh-3,s VIIB/C.

i would love to see this baby im action in the next video , though i think thats not fair to the type IX lovers.

TASKFORCE1x1
10-23-2004, 02:39 AM
The models and textures are made so well that they almost look as though they can pass as an oil painting.

gallery_screens (http://www.silent-hunteriii.com/uk/gallery_screens.php)

SH3_EarlySurface2_s (http://www.silent-hunteriii.com/ss/SH3_EarlySurface2_s.jpg)

oscar0072004
10-23-2004, 06:02 AM
yeah the dev team keeps amazing me . the thing is i like modern subs , but i love u-boats it has something so classical and legendairy its hard to express in words.