PDA

View Full Version : PE2

johncarr
07-06-2006, 05:15 PM
This week I decided to go for it and get and install forgotten battles , Ace exp pack and pacific fighters, did the merge install and downloaded all the correct patches.First off I couldnt find any of the games in any of my local pc outlets so I had to order them all online and wait for them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif . Finally got everything installed ,updated, and ready to go! Go to find a server and go figure, Now everything is v 4.05m I have 4.04m , so now your telling me I have to purchase a further download?LOL , omw back to warbirds for now, Hell after upgrading to a newer pc and a 256meg card just to play this and purchasing the boxed games this week alone, Im now frustrated, and wonder if its even worth the hassle Im reading that every1 is having with this download we must purchase.

VW-IceFire
07-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Well...you do have to realize the game's been out for a while and we love the addons so they just keep coming.

I would say however that there's about a 50/50 split of servers between 4.04 and 4.05 right now so you can still find plenty running the older version.

Pe-2 is a new addon and there are two more in the works. Relatively inexpensive addon packages. Its the latest rage...you find this with whatever game you go after these days. Buy Battlefield 2 and you get to buy another addon and two booster packs before you're upto the latest and greatest.

I bought Pe-2 and love it...looking forward to the 10 or so new planes for Manchuria and the new maps. I'm a junkie so just keep bringing them on. Are you purely an online person? You might have wanted to consult a few people in the community before taking the giant leap. Even so...the complete DVD package is not that expensive for 150 some odd flyable types and 20 someodd maps spanning virtually the entire war and the realism and feeling of flight you cannot find anywhere else. Not in my experience. This is it for me...I'm addicted. Probably need support groups for people like me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AH_BlueKestral
07-06-2006, 05:59 PM
S! Johncarr
I can understand your frustration and disapointment. I wnt to begin and ask you If you have hyperlobby downloaded. http://hyperfighter.sk/ this is one of the main sites to download and play online. I'm assumming you do not, but mabey you have.
Yes many players and some servers are using the PE-2 4.05m download add on. What could be more depressing is that many are waiting on Sturmovicks over Manchuria. This is the second installment of IC's three pay for add ons. So many call this 4.06m. The last version is called 46 or somthing like that. Lets call this 4.07m.
Can someone play online with 4.04m and have a good time, Yes they can. It may take some effort on your part to seek out COOPS, Dogfight Missions, or Campaigns that are running 4.04m. It can be done!
If you do purchase PE2 their is a program called IL2 loader that will enable one to switch from 4.04m to 4.05m. Once enabled it works like a breeze. It may be difficult to set up if you don't have help. The one great thing abvout these forums is the Community Help sections. If you run into problems, and ask with respect
many will bend over backwards to help you.
Check out the Squadrons section in the forums. If you see a group you are interested in then drop them a post and explain your situation. Ie. Hey my name is Blue and I'm new to this game and do you guys run 4.04m. Most will respond in a heart beat. The advantages of being in a suadron are Voice comms, good new friends and always someone to fly with.
If you are still angry then I understand. Don't give up without trying all of our community resources first.
S! _AH_BlueKestral
http://www.aceshigh.ws/

johncarr
07-06-2006, 06:23 PM
thanx , and yes I have hyperlobby. Actually I know all about community envolvement, been flying warbirds for almost 4 yrs now. Im in Jg51 molders squadren, and yes , Ive done went this far with the upgrades , purchasing the boxed games, and all the patches, so I guess 9.99 more wont kill me.Just seeing that you now have to pay for the updates kinda threw me thru a loop. Gonna wait til tomorrow to get PE2 as Idone spent almost 3+ hours setting the game up as it is now. So now I just wanna jump in my 190 and go kill some spits over at warbirds and pickup on this tomorrow where I left off. Finally yes I will be lookin for a squad, Jg 51 molders, if we have 1 here at Olegland. THanx <S> trymee of Jg 51 molders

VW-IceFire
07-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Pay for addons...not updates. Updates are just extra bits. 4.04m is a perfectly fully featured game. For those of us who want a little more...Pe-2 and the other two packs are nice little addon packages with new maps, missions, campaigns, aircraft, and so forth. Pe-2 comes with something around 100 campaign missions to fly...and from what I've seen of them they are very high quality. SO its not like they just added a plane and asked money for it. There's more value in these than in your typical patch and we've been spoiled with the free patches really. We got more stuff free than we paid for really.

wintergoose
07-07-2006, 03:31 AM
Just bought the gold pack to suport oleg ang to be shure notig goes wrong with the pacific fighter disk I have used nearly every day since it was released to start the sim with.
I gladely pays for all addons.
This sim is not a short pasby but are more become a lifestyle for me because it matches my old hobby; planes from WWII.

johncarr
07-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Ok , Im over my fuss from yesterday, So I went back to the UBI.com store under shopping and PE2 is not there now? It was there yesterday.So where can I get it now?

AH_BlueKestral
07-07-2006, 10:05 AM
S! johncar

I found this site for you.
http://il2pe-2.download-the-game.com/
This is straight from bootny. The cost is in Pounds so don't get confused. 7.95 british pounds. That equals somthing around $14.00 US.
On this site you provide them with your e-mail and a e-mail confirmation. You download the game
then you purchase it from inside the set up. Check out the post on deboonifiying before you begin. Good luck and S! _AH_BlueKestral

dbillo
07-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by johncarr:
Go to find a server and go figure, Now everything is v 4.05m I have 4.04m , so now your telling me I have to purchase a further download?LOL
John, as suggested, use Hyperlobby. Then see my post here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/2241096064

to see just how many servers on HL still run 4.04m. Now I realize that won't help if the one server you really want to join is running 4.05, but there are still a lot running 4.04 to choose from.

johncarr
07-07-2006, 04:05 PM
went thru all the servers at hyperlobby yesterday, and yes plenty are still 4.04 , thanx for info. <S> trymee