PDA

View Full Version : Test08 bugs... (post here)

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 07:13 AM
For starter's, this should of been an open beta...
Im going to be the brave one and post this here as i want this patch to be 'bug free' if possible.
Anyone else who has tried please post bugs..

I've only played a little and 2 things have stood out so far.

1.In P40m the carb temp alway's stays on max, and oil pressure,manifold pressure dont drop to 0 when engine is cut. (looks like manifold pressure gauge is measuring atmospheric pressure,which maybe correct, i assumed since power was cut it wouldnt display anything)

2.In ME262 when doing around 800kph and switch between fly-by cockpit view sound just keeps looping a section, firing guns etc. adds to the loop. endlessly...

I've only had around 1 hours flight time as i have only just installed 'test' patch so i will post back if i find anything else.

Oh yeah, i cant go back to 1.0, the game is SO much better now.. (i lurv how downed planes spin out of control now, looks real)

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 07:13 AM
For starter's, this should of been an open beta...
Im going to be the brave one and post this here as i want this patch to be 'bug free' if possible.
Anyone else who has tried please post bugs..

I've only played a little and 2 things have stood out so far.

1.In P40m the carb temp alway's stays on max, and oil pressure,manifold pressure dont drop to 0 when engine is cut. (looks like manifold pressure gauge is measuring atmospheric pressure,which maybe correct, i assumed since power was cut it wouldnt display anything)

2.In ME262 when doing around 800kph and switch between fly-by cockpit view sound just keeps looping a section, firing guns etc. adds to the loop. endlessly...

I've only had around 1 hours flight time as i have only just installed 'test' patch so i will post back if i find anything else.

Oh yeah, i cant go back to 1.0, the game is SO much better now.. (i lurv how downed planes spin out of control now, looks real)

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 07:21 AM
I'm sorry, but test is not public. And I will try to find who made it leaked. Next time these guys will never get the patch for testing. As well as never will be included in the beta team.

Oleg Maddox
1C:Maddox Games

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 07:27 AM
Sorry to hear you feel this way Oleg, I think you could gain considerable feedback from the community and speed up the testing process if you did involve the public community. Obviously, your closed beta teams are not up to the task of fully testing your software as presented by some of the issues arrising from the leaked 08 beta's.

Hope you take this on board and consider what we have to offer you. It's a two way street thing. Anyway thanks for your continued support and commitment to Combat Flight Simming. It is much appreciated.

T_O_A_D
07-21-2003, 07:29 AM
Hmm the only bug I can see is that it was leaked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it never leaked my way http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif or maybey http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif depending on how you want to look at it.

I'm anxiously waiting for the release!

I'm sure it will be great!

<Center>http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQAnAiYV1!lVMcZRTzTAqzaiuHRWEX6mXfCfzODsjpV0Pjo!e UP90rHraxoAC7ol89qikOt*Adtg8nSucMn0uEEsRfOm81KdH3S Nk9b7TaU/Madtoad.jpg?dc=4675429952590266715
</a>
<Center>

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 07:31 AM
Oleg sorry to step on your toe's..

I really feel that an open beta should of been made available to the general public as it would of found majority of bugs alot quicker. Also it would of enabled it to be tested on a variety of systems and not just a select few.

I have no idea who leaked the patch, but u must remember that it may have been done unintentionally. (trojan infected comp etc.)

Once again, a thousand apologies..

Also congratulations on your outstanding work and commitment to the flight sim community, you have added even more to an already outstanding flight sim.

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 07:55 AM
Testing a sim like FB needs knowlegde,skills and time.
After the leak the patch i am afraid this post or new posts from self-defined beta testers will bring up problems.Maybe they will report bugs but it's quite easy to bring up wrong impressions.Notes like "This plane climps faster,that plane is slower now,this gun is stronger now,game run slower etc" do not help team and community.
Also is a test and you do not even know what Oleg's team is testing!
I would suggest to wait for the real thing or keep your comments for yourself.

335th_GRViper
www.hellenic-sqn.gr (http://www.hellenic-sqn.gr)

http://www.hellenic-sqn.gr/Images/main/greece_small.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 08:12 AM
Viper i can understand your POV, but imagine the S**T storm that will be created in here when patch is released and it contain's bug's that could of easily been rectified... (No doubt there will be knitpickers even if it is perfect)

Im not here to start a flame war, i just want this patch to be as bug free as possible. Oleg and team know the difference between actual bug's and unhelpfull whines...
Beta tester's arent GOD's but merely avid gamers like myself and others.
If i had posted 'where abouts' of patch, THAT would of been unhelpfull. As it stand's now, only the truly dedicated have put in the effort and time to find the leaked beta.
The problems i addressed may have already been sorted out, then again they may have been overlooked...

We have waited a long time for the patch, and it would be a dissapointment to see minor bug's in it that could of been easily fixed... (those of us who bought FB as soon as it hit the shelve's anyway)

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 09:09 AM
hi,
right.. Mr. Maddox..

a test like that with no clear procedure + testlogics does not make sense...
+ of course the way discussed in SimHq is no serious way in testing the patch..

By the way: did all this users tested it on two PC's (Vers. 1.0 on PC A + Vers.1.1.test0.8 on PC B/+ LAN) and with clear introduction how to install the patch etc.

anyway: let's discuss some some good ideas of test procedures for the future to improve the work of the developers

Oleg_Maddox wrote:
- I'm sorry, but test is not public. And I will try to
- find who made it leaked. Next time these guys will
- never get the patch for testing. As well as never
- will be included in the beta team.
-
- Oleg Maddox
- 1C:Maddox Games
-

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 10:43 AM
Oleg_Maddox wrote:
-
- Oleg Maddox
-

Well Oleg this same thing happened for all the patches for IL2. I would be curious to know how many of those people you have caught. I would assume that an NDA has legal teeth, what have you done to them? This goes to the question of how seriously you really feel about leaked patches.

As I understand it, from reading a Ubi FB patch statement in another forum, you used 15 testers this time. If this is so, are you saying you cannot screen 15 people for honesty?

Could you embed a ID number unique to each tester in their files and require they connect to your url before the game will function? That way you will immediately know when their ID does not come from their IP or their computer name or their hard drive number. Or something similar. Perhaps a dongle?

There is no question that the FB beta patches are your property, and that it is wrong morally and legally for a trusted tester to leak them. There is no question about that. My questions above arise because it keeps happening, and I never hear of anyone having been brought to justice.

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 10:57 AM
you should just make open beta tests in the future oleg it definatly finds so many more probs. And the bunch who really follows the statistics would stick together anyways and have real discussions instead of my plane dont turn fast topics.

Btw are you posting screens today or some dev update pics?

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Moderators, out of respect for Oleg, could you please delete this thread...

I apologise again for bringing this subject up...

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 04:55 PM
dan - punch yourseld in the balls. HARD.

Message Edited on 07/21/0303:58PM by ponch_luver

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 04:59 PM
ponch_luver wrote:
- nice thread you idiot.
---------------------------

LOL

Now this thread is DEFINITELY going to be locked ! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 05:15 PM
Shame on you who leaked the beta, My e-mail is {removed}, can you guys make it leak this way.I want to fly a real Wurger.

Message Edited on 07/26/0307:08AM by Tully__

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 05:18 PM
just let Oleg and the real beta testers finish their work, let this go away

<center>BlitzPig_johann, my sig was too big, NNWW<center>

ZG77_Nagual
07-21-2003, 05:51 PM
I've got the patch too - but I agree with Oleg. Testing this simm is a very time consuming and focused process. The noise level with a closed beta team is much lower and it makes sense.
Possibly a two-tiered approach to testing might work however. - Run the beta closed until it is pretty much sorted out - then release it to a second level of beta testers simply because they might try some things not allready thought of.

Anyway - these guys have done and continue to do some phenomenal work. They deserve none of the complaining I see on this bbs.

http://pws.chartermi.net/~cmorey/pics/p47janes.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 06:19 PM
From testing 05,07,08 it seems that those versions are mutual supplements of each other.

07 has bugs which 05 doesn`t,05 has bugs which 08 fixed and so on.

"degustibus non disputandum"

<center>http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/sig23d.jpg

<center>"Weder Tod noch Teufel!"</font>[/B]</center> (http://www.jzg23.de>[B]<font)

ZG77_Nagual
07-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Oleg and crew - I don't know how many betas you guys run - but perhaps it would be practical to supply a unique identifier imbedded somewhere in each beta - something else easy to implement but hard to find. This way you'd know the origins of any leaked beta.

http://pws.chartermi.net/~cmorey/pics/p47janes.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 08:00 PM
Jaws2002 wrote:
- Shame on you who leaked the beta, My e-mail is
- {removed}, can you guys make it leak
- this way.I want to fly a real Wurger.
-
-

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif LOL/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Message Edited on 07/21/03 09:01PM by oleg86

Message Edited on 07/26/0307:09AM by Tully__

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 11:54 PM
Whether the beta should have been open or not is not an issue. The testers were under NDA, and someone broke it. End of story. Yeah, I tried it today for about an hour, then completely uninstalled, and reinstalled the game as 1.0 . Curiosity got the best of me, just like it did everyone else. I want the final, not to get used to flying something that may be changed in the final version.

http://home.att.net/~C.C.Jordan/XP-39best.JPG

Death is just nature's way of telling you to watch your airspeed.

http://www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612345111

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 03:26 AM
I think some may be missing something rather important, which I believe many of the Leaked Patch Unofficial Testers have already grasped...

I think many of us, myself included, have the impression that this patch will be the last patch for FB to fix technical issues, irespective of addon planes.

If this is indeed the case, many of us fear that if the testers are less than competent or dedicated, or just not enough of them, problems induced by the patch itself will go forever unresolved. I don't mean to cast aspersions on Ubi's testing folks; I don't know them all. But I have first-hand knowledge of the things that managed to get through the ones who tested Silent Hunter II and Destroyer Command; I also know for a fact that they were, at least at that time, chronically understaffed.

Again, not a flame, just an honest opinion: Ubi should NOT be testing this patch.

Regards,
HerrBaron

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 03:48 AM
Shame on whoever leaked the patch

----------------------------------------

Cheers, computer_67

If you can't make it good, make it LOOK good. - Bill Gates, computer authority /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

<center>http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/mash_hawkeye.jpg (http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/)</center>

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 03:59 AM
Dang!

Another potential bug list shot down before it ever got off the ground! Pun Intended, in that there is another bug in the Me262 in ver 1.1 test08. Some of the AI cant seem to get both engines started on the runway prior to lift off... Which does not stop them from trying, brave soles that they are.

TAGERT
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If WAR was not the ANSWER.. Than what the H was your QUESTION?

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 04:04 AM
Not the best idea simply because;

1) The large number of people who feel that 'bug' means 'doesn't match my opinion based on whatever data or accounts I can dredge up supporting it along with my interpretation of those'.

2) None of those people will first identify that their particular 'bug' is an opinion thing.

3) The more others who support their idea, the more runaway the topic gets and the more extra noise of opposing posters there will be.

4) The large number of people who will do anything to improve their favorite planes past reason just because 'the other side has been ubered'.

IOW, it would be a mess and filtering information from the posts would as usual take more time than it's worth. Imagine trying to test and verify for every issue that gets raised here?

Neal

JuStDaN wrote:
- Oleg sorry to step on your toe's..
-
- I really feel that an open beta should of been made
- available to the general public as it would of found
- majority of bugs alot quicker. Also it would of
- enabled it to be tested on a variety of systems and
- not just a select few.
-
- I have no idea who leaked the patch, but u must
- remember that it may have been done unintentionally.
- (trojan infected comp etc.)
-
- Once again, a thousand apologies..
-
- Also congratulations on your outstanding work and
- commitment to the flight sim community, you have
- added even more to an already outstanding flight
- sim.
-
-

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 04:12 AM
I was thinking about getting the leak, then when the 30 of july date was released, I got a grip and remained "faithful to oleg" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I think that an open beta would be good and bad at the same time...
Bigger feedback, but some childish feedback aswell

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 04:22 AM
Oleg_Maddox wrote:

While I appreciate their enthusiasm for new developments, I'm 100% behind you on this, Oleg.

<center>
http://members.verizon.net/~vze2cb22/KosSig.gif

America: #1 military...#15 in literacy...
Because right wingers run our military
and leftists run our schools!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 07:32 AM
well oleg.. looks like it's time for you guys to make a new patch again. half the new stuff that was supposed to surprise us when we first heard it has been leaked out, like the sounds and stuff. i guess for those who don't have the test versions, we still get to be astounded by the new sounds and stuff http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 07:50 AM
Oleg_Maddox wrote:
-
- Oleg Maddox
-

Van Elvis Wrote:

I agree With Oleg on this one. The team is testing specific things and I Think it would actually be counter productive to have an open Beta test. There would be so much feed back on several differant issues all at once and it would take longer to sort out problems.

As for who leaked the beta I would kick them of the team if I was Mr. Maddox.

http://www.hardrockhotel.com/rock/memorabilia/elvis.jpg

Thankya Thankya very much
Van Elvis

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 08:16 AM
OLEG I know you are probably sick of this but PLEASE

1.) bombers have single or salvoed load release settings and please fix the torp drop on the He-111 H6.

2.) I heard you didnt have time but the Jug has to be repaired. nuff said

3.) Dive brakes dont work on many AI aircraft

ah teh hell with It I will fill you in when I get the patch....

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 02:07 PM
FB keeps crashing every time when I try to enable the rearview mirror in any plane. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

BTW: I think this beta patch shouldn't be 100% open, but at least, much more people should have had access to it than the 15 people now.

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 02:22 PM
blitze3004 wrote:
- Sorry to hear you feel this way Oleg, I think you
- could gain considerable feedback from the community
- and speed up the testing process if you did involve
- the public community. Obviously, your closed beta
- teams are not up to the task of fully testing your
- software as presented by some of the issues arrising
- from the leaked 08 beta's.
-
- Hope you take this on board and consider what we
- have to offer you. It's a two way street thing.
- Anyway thanks for your continued support and
- commitment to Combat Flight Simming. It is much
- appreciated.
-
-

VERY WELL SAID BLITZ!!!!!!!!!!

Who else accually posted all of the bugs to begin with.. The community!!!! We are more help to you then you know! Put your trust in the community... You might be surprised sir!!

WOOD

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 05:15 PM
work of a company in developements is top secret, the beta thing the only thing it did was to encoragee the whinners to whine, adn of curse bother our lord oleg, keep up the good work!

"Never forget the past so we dont make the same mistakes in the future"

XyZspineZyX
07-24-2003, 10:02 AM
Dear Mr. Maddox,

I respect your point of view and since you are the creator of the game, you lay the rules.

I am also very happy with the current staus of the game, same as the old IL2 it is an unbelievably complex game, tremendous value for money etc etc.
Even without any patch I would be very happy playing this game in the future as well.

HOWEVER,

I want to believe that the tremendous success your game has (which I hope was translated to commercial success,... unless if everybody here plays with pirated versions), comes from the fact that you are not Microsoft and from the commitment and the time players spend in these forums talking about details.

You have some very loyal players in the community.
You do not win the loyalty of the people by postponing patch release dates indefinitively.

I have been reading about the patch since May 2003 and I know by now that the patch will not be released July 30th.

There is nothing more disturbing to business than raising false expectations.
I am sure none of the members of the forum (how many registered users are we, anyway?) believes you do it on purpouse. Nevetheless you developed the talent of doing exactly this !
Lucky your nose is not made out of wood (no offense here).

Please, give the people something and ask them to participate to its improvement rather than postponing the patch for another day/week/month.
As long one can deinstall the beta patch people have something more to keep them occupied.

And let the people participate / at least let them FEEL they participate by allowing them to post comments on the BETA patch.
I believe you have enough moderators to handle this.

You can not expect to keep a beta patch "unleaked" for 3 months especially among such loyal players like the IL2FB ones.
Even if you do, please remember it is you who broke the promise first with all these postponements.
Nobody was angry about that and many respected, were even concerned about your personal health.

sincerely,

XyZspineZyX
07-24-2003, 10:40 AM
S
Oleg already thank comunity for their help!

http://oldsite.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=002104;p=7

335th_GRViper
www.hellenic-sqn.gr (http://www.hellenic-sqn.gr)

http://www.hellenic-sqn.gr/Images/main/greece_small.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-24-2003, 11:21 AM
No Text

Message Edited on 07/24/0303:04PM by crunchieone

XyZspineZyX
07-24-2003, 01:53 PM
it s me or with beta08 all late war 109 really suck lol

it s now impossible fighting plane like yak3 we lose from FB 1.0 the acceleration even with Mw50(acceleration seems to be faster when engaging MW50 on D9 than in G10,K4,G6/As),the climb rate etc.......

the Fm seems nice on other plane i pretty like Fw, damage of P47 weapon,smoke when take off and land and lot of stuff,sound,yak climb rate,and waouh lot of things hehe.

it s just a beta and hope late war 109 will be like in Fb1.0 lol and other plane like in beta08 and will have nice and equilibrate fight with a very nice game thanks a lot.

<A HREF=http://www.normandieniemen.firstream.net/</A>pilotes/profils/enigmus.jpg">

NN_EnigmuS.
Normandie Niemen virtuel.
http://www.normandieniemen.firstream.net/

XyZspineZyX
07-24-2003, 02:01 PM
Fresshness wrote:
- FB keeps crashing every time when I try to enable
- the rearview mirror in any plane.

Disable texture compression. That solves it.

http://www.x-plane.org/users/isegrim/FB-desktopweb.jpg
'Only a dead Indianer is a good Indianer!'

Vezérünk a Bátorság, K*sérµnk a Szerencse!
(Courage leads, Luck escorts us! - Historical motto of the 101st Puma Fighter Regiment)

Flight tests and other aviation performance data: http://www.pbase.com/isegrim

XyZspineZyX
07-24-2003, 02:06 PM
Vo101_Isegrim wrote:
-
- Fresshness wrote:
-- FB keeps crashing every time when I try to enable
-- the rearview mirror in any plane.
-
- Disable texture compression. That solves it.

you are right, it works if I disable texture compression.

however, with the boxed FB version (1.0 I guess) I do not have this problem.

XyZspineZyX
07-24-2003, 02:20 PM
I would like to add one more thing: I noticed some small but very cool (immersivness factor) features with the patch.

I don't want to spoil it for those of you who want to wait for the official one or for Oleg. but thrust you me, you will like it!

I would like to thank Oleg and his team for his continued support. it's clearly very rare in these times. I really don't care if the patch will be released on july 30th or a couple of weeks after. I 'know' that oleg just wants to have a very good patch for all of us to enjoy. and again, we will!. it will be a worthy succesor of IL2.

cartrix
07-24-2003, 02:35 PM
There is no open beta test. Please wait for the final official patch.