PDA

View Full Version : ''LOL, clueless morons...''

TJByrum2
06-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Ever been playing an AC Game and a friend/relative ask to play? Well, you give it to them and they do some of the stupidest things ever? Like, they don't know how to play.

I've had a neighbor, several cousins, and my brother TRY to play it.

They never run, just walk. And they're use to GTA 4, so they hold down A to run faster, but only they blend in making it slower. In fights, they spam the X button to hack and slash. This only results in loads of counters against them, loss of life, misses, etc... which soon leads to death. And I REALLY hate it when they're climbing up and EVERY foothold/handhold they think they NEED to press A, but they only jump off.

AC is a game you have to learn to use. I am proud to be the greatest AC player in my block, because I listen, I watch, and I read the tutorials.

Anything like this happen to you?

A Stealthy Lamp
06-08-2010, 03:20 PM
That's exactly how it is for me! For some reason it annoys the hell out off me! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Murcuseo
06-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by TJByrum2:
I am proud to be the greatest AC player in my block, because I listen, I watch, and I read the tutorials.

You seem fairly confident in your abilities, shame you don't play on the PC because I'd be game for a battle in AC:B when the time comes.

Almost everyone that I know played pretty poorly to begin with but picked it up quickly, everyones got to start somewhere... you never know, if they play for any great length of time they might surpass your skill level http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Anyway, I like to watch people progress with it as you can see them start to enjoy it more and more as they get used to the controls.

TJByrum2
06-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Yes Robson, I am fairly good at the game, as most of my freetime involves fighting people in the Kingdom, like almost 15-20 people at once without getting hit.

Also, I fight defensively, waiting to counter or dodge, not full-on assault.

TJByrum2
06-08-2010, 04:00 PM
I would very much love to face-off someone else who is good at the game.

However I should be cautious, as I am GOOD at the NPC's, but players are a whole new story. Like Gears of War 2, I am good at the Computer, but against human players... not so great.

But my fighting style consist of staying back, countering blows, if the match seems stale, and everyone is standing around, I hold down X (attack button) to build up a stronger attack and usually it takes out a soldier.

I guess you could say I am mostly defensive, having mastered the ways of counters, a bit of the dodging, and the 'more-powerful-by-holding-down-X-Attack' (whatever it's called).

However I don't want to say I will be good on AC:B, but I do like good ol matches where it depends on skill, knowledge, and the environment.

El_Sjietah
06-08-2010, 04:01 PM
AC's controls are pretty unintuitive and nothing like other games' controls, so making fun of a friend who's fumbling with the controls because he never played before only shows how snobby you yourself are.

That comment at the end didn't help either.

Playing defensive on AC is easy mode btw, so I'd go easy on claiming you're the best of whatever at AC. A good player knows how to play full offense and dodge/counter when someone tries to flank him.

caswallawn_2k7
06-08-2010, 04:04 PM
But my fighting style consist of staying back, countering blows
so you play the game in easy mode?

TJByrum2
06-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Well I guess you get that feeling of snobbiness when you suck at every other game other than AC.

I spent my time playing easy games as I grew up, never really connecting to games and things, while my brother and family just grew up on them.

Simply put, AC is the only game I am good at compared with my family and all.

So yes, feeling snobby is great when you finally find a game you're good at.

I only fight defensively because every attack I make gets countered/dodged.

There has been times when I go on full out assault, and countering the guards trying to hit my backside, but I like seeing the stronger attacks, and counters.

TJByrum2
06-08-2010, 04:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnj4RHFG038

That video was NOT made by me, is NOT me, and I take no credit for it.

However it is a basic premise of the way I fight.

Six_Gun
06-10-2010, 02:31 PM
When a person starts calling relatives, friends & neighbors they invite into their place (or likely your room in your parents house in your case) clueless morons merely for stumbling a bit while trying to get used to a game, you have to wonder who the real moron is. Anyone with half a brain would be understanding of the fact that AC has movement and fight control bindings atypical to most games, and if a person has never played it before they're not likely going to pick up on it instantly unless they have read through the controls menu, which I'm sure you probably didn't even bother to recommend in your haste to laugh at them.

I would love to have seen you in your first go at an AC game had you not looked at the controls menu. Even AC's hint icons are hard to understand for many. It's your relatives, friends & neighbors that should be shaking their heads for your mocking them on a public forum for such a trivial thing as if you're superior, quite pathetic really. When a person stoops to such things, it's rather clear they have too much idle time on their hands. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

DJBare
06-10-2010, 03:23 PM
No need for me to say what others have already said about the OP.

I have a thread in here showing my noobiness to AC2, I've never before played anything like it, but I managed to complete the main story thanks to the help of others on this forum who did not call me a moron, I understand the frustration you feel when watching inexperienced players fumble about, but given time and assuming they have the enthusiasm they will get better, we learn by doing, and we learn better with encouragment.

godofzer0
06-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by TJByrum2:
Ever been playing an AC Game and a friend/relative ask to play? Well, you give it to them and they do some of the stupidest things ever? Like, they don't know how to play.

I've had a neighbor, several cousins, and my brother TRY to play it.

They never run, just walk. And they're use to GTA 4, so they hold down A to run faster, but only they blend in making it slower. In fights, they spam the X button to hack and slash. This only results in loads of counters against them, loss of life, misses, etc... which soon leads to death. And I REALLY hate it when they're climbing up and EVERY foothold/handhold they think they NEED to press A, but they only jump off.

AC is a game you have to learn to use. I am proud to be the greatest AC player in my block, because I listen, I watch, and I read the tutorials.

Anything like this happen to you?

It seems more like you posted a useless thread to boast about your mediocre combat skills and put those down, namely your relatives, who couldn't get the hang of the game right off the bat. You stated that AC is a learning game, yet you disregard that when speaking of your family members and instead decide to chalk it up to "your unbelievable intuitiveness and great skill." I think you wanted praise but instead found people willing to dispute you. You sound like the kid in elementary school who made fun of a new student because he didn't/couldn't swing a bat like you. You should get off that high horse and take the foot out of your mouth.

P.S. Not attacking and just waiting for the NPCs to come at you, makes you a wuss!