PDA

View Full Version : OT: Enemy Engaged 2 OUT! er....

SeaFireLIV
06-02-2007, 04:31 AM
I just had to post in case anyone was interested...

When I saw Enemy Engaged 2 out with its ramped up graphics and `other` improvements I snapped it up. I was an ardent offline fan of the Original and surely the `sequel` would be incredible.

Nice intro movie... I think they put the most work into that.

The game is exactly like the original. Can`t be bad, eh? Problem is, it`s EXACTLY like the original.

Graphics improvements are very basic indeed. Only new updated skins, maybe an extra flash with explosions. No extra damage modelling, no extra effects.... Nothing.

Oh yes, and you now get crappy graphics individual trees instead of forest blocks and better looking water (not as good as IL2). The cockpit is identical graphically to the original 6 years ago! The interface seems the only really updated bit.

NOTHING is changed in animation or sounds.

TIR works in a very basic fashion and I`ve yet to get the voice commands working, though I could do this easier with my own program I use for IL2.

They even only worked on the 1.0 version of the original which means you`re stuck with sound options and wingmen options that haven`t been improved with the original`s later Patch. So welcome to your wingmen screaming down your ears - or not.

So the original is better updated than the new!

Why I know this? I still have the original with the thick manual.

The basic game is good, the campaign is great, but this is what it was in 2001! It`s nothing new. The sequel hasn`t done anything else to it except give a washy coat of paint.

Conclusion.

A rip off. Seriously. NOT worth Thirty pounds. Maybe ten pounds. It`s basically a 60 year old veteran WW2 soldier wearing a young soldier`s uniform and claming to be a 2007 young Marine.

I`m really very dissappointed. My advice, if you`ve had the original Enemy Engaged and expect a sequel, don`t. IT IS NOT A SEQUEL. IT`S A BASIC CHEAP GRAPHICS MOD.

I`m so sad I had to say this. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Luckily, I don`t need the CD to run the game.... hehe.

Badsight-
06-02-2007, 04:43 AM
they have been hyping this too

how dissapointing

jasonbirder
06-02-2007, 05:02 AM
The original game...modded up is still a good lite Helicopter sim the community have worked tremendously hard on it and kept improving it!
I've not gone out and bought EECH2 so i certainly won't bother!
Looks like you're better off with the original and bringing it up to date with the patches/mods and add-ons yourself!
Lets hope Black Shark is enough to keep us rotorheads happy when it finally arrives...

SeaFireLIV
06-02-2007, 05:18 AM
Just took the game back this morning and got something else for my daughter instead.

And, yep, you`re better off getting the original and patching\modding it instead. I noticed the Hype too... they just posted the screens of the FMV film you see at the beginning which gives the impression that you`re looking at cutting edge software. You`re not. It`s a con.

I should`ve realised something was wrong when it was all on one CD that installed almost instanytly.

Goes to show that just like the odd dodgy plumber or electrician, you have to be careful when purchasing games\sim software cos the rip-off sharks are still out there...