PDA

View Full Version : odd kill

doogerie
09-12-2010, 03:12 AM
ok so iwas flying aganste an lg somthing somthing shooting at it and such anyway i managed to get infront of it and as I went past it i noticed that the lg's propreler had stopped ther was a littel smoke coming out of him but no black smoke and stuff anyone else had akill that looked like that?

ytareh
09-12-2010, 03:50 AM
Whats so unusual?Kills can come in many different kinds...The flames or explosions arent necessary to down a plane .IL2 will go down eventually with one small mg bullet in back of radiator ...Spits and especially Hurricanes and Mustangs will have engine halt instantly with a single bullet also Mind you at one stage the P39D would fly on forever pouring smoke with no loss in performance !.A kill is a kill. S!

VW-IceFire
09-12-2010, 08:37 AM
Yep see that semi-regularly... you hit the engine and it seized. Never happened to you before?

doogerie
09-13-2010, 03:17 AM
well it happend to me quite a few times when i first got the game but i have never seen it happen to an Ai pilot to be honist io found out last night that i wa using a commen RAF tacktik witch was nice i was however in a BF 109

PhantomKira
09-14-2010, 06:09 PM
I've had it happen to Italian SM-79s over the Med in 4.09. For good reason, I was attacking in a P-38J. Hit the port engine and the prop stopped instantly.

ROXunreal
09-15-2010, 12:24 PM
It's completely normal, after all, all it takes is a piece of shrapnel getting stuck in the wrong place in the workings of the engine. Also happens very often on the Tempest, along with the aircraft ytareh mentioned.