PDA

View Full Version : Do 335 again!!

daFat1
05-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Hi Oleg, cool to hear that you're alive and kickin'. I know what it means to recover after 34 broken bones in nearly two decades of motocrossracing! One last question for me: I bought the software (incl. PF, even though I don't really like the pacific war
scenery) and I like what I got!!!
....BUT is there a chance We/Me will get the Do335 and Ju88???
It won't change my life in a big way, but I hate to wait for something thats not about to happen!
So just give us/me a quick hint, that we can relax finally!

Cheers mate! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

daFat1
05-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Hi Oleg, cool to hear that you're alive and kickin'. I know what it means to recover after 34 broken bones in nearly two decades of motocrossracing! One last question for me: I bought the software (incl. PF, even though I don't really like the pacific war
scenery) and I like what I got!!!
....BUT is there a chance We/Me will get the Do335 and Ju88???
It won't change my life in a big way, but I hate to wait for something thats not about to happen!
So just give us/me a quick hint, that we can relax finally!

Cheers mate! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VW-IceFire
05-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Probably as much chance as seeing the Tempest V flyable, Spitfire XIV flyable, and Mosqutio flyable. Slim...with some rays of hope still present.

NorrisMcWhirter
05-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Nah, much more likely to get 58 variants of what's already in. That's easier. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I hope not, though..because I'd quite like to see these and nothing else.

Ta,
Norris

Willey
05-17-2005, 10:13 PM
I really hope there will be 4.1 and maybe even 4.2...

anarchy52
05-18-2005, 03:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Probably as much chance as seeing the Tempest V flyable, Spitfire XIV flyable, and Mosqutio flyable. Slim...with some rays of hope still present. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We need more Spitfires...there are only about 30 flyable versions of spitfire in the game.

ImpStarDuece
05-18-2005, 06:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anarchy52:

We need more Spitfires...there are only about 30 flyable versions of spitfire in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, they go quite nicely with all those 109 variants that we have http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Well, up until 1944 anyway http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif.

Besides, having no late war British fighters is a MAJOR hole in the sim for most of us Western players, or at least all of us with an affection for 'proper kites'; Typhoon, Tempest, Spitfire XIV, late model Mossies, Mustang III

War Clouds is going to get a lot more heated when the 'Best of British' arrive. Just the thing to match those Ta-152s, 109K4s and 190 long noses that keep buzzing arond the place.

That said, it will take some doing to wean myself off the P-47D-27. I've really grown to like that overweight, flying monstrosity. *Sigh* If only we were getting the Typhoon.

p1ngu666
05-18-2005, 07:02 AM
u should love the tempest, should be rocking http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

shame theres no raf heavy, even as ai http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

ImpStarDuece
05-18-2005, 07:33 AM
I'll fly the Tempest, but I'll be pretending its a Typhoon all the time.

Besides, some of the screenine showed it with 60lb semi-AP rockets. I can't wait for Faliase and Battle of the Bulge recreations!

Actually, something else to moan about is the lack of +25lbs boost Spitfire IX's. The first squadrons cleared for +25lbs boost used them for Rodeos and Rhubabrbs in early to mid May, 1944. Would make for a wonderful leap foward for some 'Return to the Continent' action.

Merlin 61 Spits wouldn't go astray either; early missions against FW 190s in mid to late 1942 would be good! I still think that the outnumbered 190A4s vs the outmatched Spitfire VBs is some of the best fun you can have in a campaign. Imagine running late 1942 missions with 190G2s and 190A4s of JGII and JG26 being opposed by L.F. Spitfires with Merlin 61 engined Spitfire IXs operating as top cover.

darkhorizon11
05-18-2005, 09:13 PM
Nothing is solid however pretty much every plane that has shown up on the dev. updates should be in game. It only makes sense and I'm not aware of any aircraft on there that aren't either in the game already or slated for the next patch.

The Do 335 should be done and there are a couple of cockpit shots. The Ju-88 isn't in there however it has been done for a loonnngg time. The Mossie and Tempest are also in there and have been done for a long time. Theres also some shots of the Fokker and the Claude as well. So we should see those.

Its after that where I get worried. I know the Italian planes are still way up in the air though...

VW-IceFire
05-18-2005, 11:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anarchy52:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Probably as much chance as seeing the Tempest V flyable, Spitfire XIV flyable, and Mosqutio flyable. Slim...with some rays of hope still present. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We need more Spitfires...there are only about 30 flyable versions of spitfire in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There are really only 2 versions. Lets compare it to its closest competitor based on roughly which aircraft compares to which.

Spitfire VS 109

Major categories of 109s

Group 1
109E (several versions represented)

Group 2
109F-2/F-4
109G-2

Group 3
109G-6
109G-6 Late
109G-6A/S
109G-14
109G-10

Group 4
109K-4

I'm grouping them based roughly on how they fell into production. The G-2 and the F's aren't all that different...more powerful engines, pressurization, and other things but ultimately very similar. Likewise, the G-6A/S, G-14, and G-10 are all part of the same effort to standardize the G-6 modifications.

In comparison there are two groups of Spitfires

Group 1
Spitfire Vb
Seafire III

Group 2
Spitfire IX
Spitfire VIII

All of those others you see on the list are minor modifications to armament or superchargers. The differences between the Vb and LF Vb or the Lf Vb clipped are like between the F-2, the F-4, and the G-2. So please...when you speak up, try and be understanding.

The XIV represents a similar type of aircraft to the Bf.109K-4 or the G-10. I see nothing wrong with the K-4 and G-10...I imagine you don't either...so whats wrong with a Spitfire of similar date?

As for inclusions of the various aircraft...the Mossie is definately MIA at the moment as is the XIV, Tempest (flyable), Do-335, and Ju-88. I'm going to be somewhat disappointed if some of those don't make it...but I'll be more disapointed if we only learn about it after the fact.

anarchy52
05-19-2005, 06:18 AM
Major categories of 109s

109E
109F/G early
109G late/K (mw50)
- all in all 13 versions

Major categories of Spit
V, Seafire
IX
VIII
- how many versions?
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
The differences between the Vb and LF Vb or the Lf Vb clipped are like between the F-2, the F-4, and the G-2.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Difference between F-2, F-4 and G-2 is not as tiny as You might think. Nevermind... It's not important.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
The XIV represents a similar type of aircraft to the Bf.109K-4 or the G-10. I see nothing wrong with the K-4 and G-10...I imagine you don't either...so whats wrong with a Spitfire of similar date?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
FM http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif sorry couldn't resist.