PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Control don't work.

Bucher1972
10-21-2004, 02:11 PM
I would like to know if someone, have the same problem.
For example, if I tried to take-off and put in Normal difficult, when I push the "B" fo brake it doesn`t work or "G" for the gear, it doesn't work too, and another keys.
I have change to other letters, and it doesn't work too.
How can I solve this problem?

Bucher1972
10-21-2004, 02:11 PM
I would like to know if someone, have the same problem.
For example, if I tried to take-off and put in Normal difficult, when I push the "B" fo brake it doesn`t work or "G" for the gear, it doesn't work too, and another keys.
I have change to other letters, and it doesn't work too.
How can I solve this problem?

porcupine1
10-21-2004, 02:41 PM
odd this taht is the same issue i have with lock on the stick works but the keyboard doesnt.
good luck I cant help you, but i am anxious to find out what to do.

weasel75
10-21-2004, 03:43 PM
"B" for what brake?
Dive/Airbrake? - not all aircrafts have airbrakes

"G" - gears
Some have no retractable gear at all. Not all aircrafts with retr. gear have hydraulic gears. For this (mostly older) models one must assign the manual lower/raise-gear keys. And then press that keys 30-40 times http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Gear-"problems":
Ju-87 Stuka, P-11, I-16, F4F3/4?, Me-163, etc..

thebub
10-21-2004, 04:18 PM
Don't forget to set a key for Toggle Chocks if you are taking off from a carrier.

Bucher1972
10-22-2004, 12:09 AM
When I tried to take off from carrier, finally I use a Automatic Pilot, then everything works.
Gear, chocks, flaps, but I can't do it manually.
For that reason I suppose that was not the plane the problem.
Still the problem.
I play the single mission for take off, with the assigned plane.

outthere23e
10-22-2004, 01:35 AM
yeah - i got my preview build Monday and it took me over an hour to figure this one out. Seems they neglected, at least in the preview builds, to set a default "toggle Chocks" key or a "catch hook" key for landing. Go into the controls and set this up and you will be fine.

Tully__
10-22-2004, 02:59 AM
So far I've yet to see control that was added after the original IL2 Sturmovik game (all complex engine controls, chocks, tail hook, open/close canopy, start/stop quick save track etc..) have a default key assignment. I suspect that is to prevent clashes with other key assignments that players may have made to other controls in previous versions for functions that didn't have default key assignments.

tanimbar
10-22-2004, 03:59 AM
I had the same problem - load PF, try a carrier take-off, start engine etc, release wheel brakes - nothing happens! By default the invisible chocks are in place and there is no key sequence yet defined to remove them.

This may be a big problem for new buyers. How are they going to know about invisible chocks? Or is this only a problem with an FB+aep+PF installation, meaning, the stand-alone PF installation doesn't have this problem.

If the problem does exist, well, how silly not to have spotted it before release. Might be a good idea to get a 'sticky' on the tech board.

Bucher1972
10-22-2004, 05:04 AM
After read all this replies:
1º. I made the stand-alone PF installation, because I don.t have the other games.
2º. I reconfigured all keys related with landing and take off.
3º. I push all keys to see if something happens, but nothing.

The worst thing it is that there is a few thing that I would like to practice before enter in network for playing, and landing and take off are the first and second thing.

By the moment take off in Automatic mode and landing without gear and only with hook.
For know I have practice a lot of emergency landing without gear, and it is going pretty good I just get a little scratches.

Let see if we can resolve.
I'm not sure if I will reinstall the game.

What happend if I install the FB+aep+PF installation without FB and AEP?

Jombala
10-22-2004, 05:31 AM
It's also possible that some gears must be manually retracted so you need also to map a key to something like "manually retract gear" and hit it numerous time to fully retracted the gear. That was the case in FB.

Tully__
10-22-2004, 07:18 AM
Butcher1972, please say what airplane you're flying, it does make a difference.

Bucher1972
10-22-2004, 07:43 AM
Sorry I forget the name, but it is the same that Tully have in his picture.
If you need more information, I will have to write later, now I'm in my office, and I must work a little http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

tanimbar
10-22-2004, 10:42 AM
Bucher,
I think you are you trying to practice take-offs in Single Missions, USN, Carrier Take-off 1; is this correct? If so, you need to set a keyboard control for toggling on and off the positioning of chocks under the wheels. By default in this mission, and probably all Carrier take-off missions, the chocks are holding the plane - you can't take-off without removing them. You can't actually see the chocks in external view (F2) which is a little odd but you can see that the plane is floating above the deck - the wheels are not touching. When you set 'auto' the chocks are automatically taken away so you take off.

Set a keyboard sequence to toggle chocks in Hardware setup, Input, Hotas controls - I use 'alt c'. Go back to mission, go to the external view (F2) and then hit your toggle chock keyboard sequence - you will see the plane drop down to the deck. Away you go -I hope!

I hate to think how many other new folk are going to get caught by this one and how many will dismiss the sim as a consequence.

Se

outthere23e
10-22-2004, 12:46 PM
Given that I know the version I have is a preview build - 1 DVD-R(just over 800MB of data), manual printed on laser paper, most images not in place etc. and handwritten label and date plus a letter staing it as a preview build and the version number being 3.31bsomething or other on the load screen, I am not saying a lot about my experiences with it until i speak with Ubi directly on some of the issues I have had so far. The manula though seems woefully inadequate for a Stand Alone game. I have not played the previous IL2 or it's add ons so my experience is limited to the PF preview build alone. The particular issue at ? here re: chocks and tail hook controls not being pre-configured is a considerable problem given that they are also not grouped in the controls list with the other landing and take off fucntions and correct me if I am wrong, but carrier operations are a new addition to this line of games from Maddox so these woudl have to be a new issue. If you switch to ground based operations(USAAF), there are no wheel chocks to worry about. My version is missing all of the "training missions" so perhaps this will be cleared up with the inclusion of this area of the game.

Mass confusion seems to be the rule on this board atm as some claim it is in their hands others saying it is pre-rdered for Nov and others saying October. Ubi tells me Oct 26th is the release date. My preview build that Ubi supplied for my company to do a preview on is dated Oct 12(hand written, no label). the accompanying letter states Oct 26th as the release date.

Given manufacturig time frames, i would think anything planning to hit the shelves Oct 26th would have to have gone gold by now and be enroute in terms of shipping to meet that date, so I am concerned about quite a bit with this game but until i can make some confirmations with Ubi or Maddox I do not plan to make too many comments as I firmly believe any preview build should be viewed that way and the developer/publisher given the benefit of the doubt before things are published which could sway public opinion too heavily based on an unfinished product.

Tully__
10-22-2004, 10:24 PM
BTW Bucher, apologies for misspelling your name in my post above http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Bucher1972
10-23-2004, 05:15 AM
Thanks for all, now it's works.
After all, I change the keyboard for chocks and gear.
chocks= Alt+C
Gear=Ctrl+G

And works, I don't know why now works with Ctrl and Alt and not with C and G alone.

By the way:
1º.- Thanks for your replays.
2º.- Finally I decide to buy and X45 Joystick.
Tully I will use your profile for this game.
I suppose that it works for PF.

Will see you in the sky.

Tully__
10-23-2004, 05:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bucher1972:

Tully I will use your profile for this game.
I suppose that it works for PF.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will work, but some of the controls wont be in the profile. I don't have PF yet and I also haven't ever put all the complex engine management controls in my profile.

I'll be updating it in few weeks once I've had a chance to install and fly PF a bit and work out which controls really need to be on the joystick.

Bucher1972
10-24-2004, 03:59 AM
Ok, I will wait.
Thank you for all.

Sorry for my English. (Spain)