PDA

View Full Version : A few questions....?

LGSFLIER
12-14-2004, 10:16 PM
Just bought PF and think it is terrific. I have 2 questions. The first is how do I change the speed and altitude readouts from Metric to Imperial. The second is how do you adjust your view height in the cockpit, this is mentioned in the readme file with no real explanation. My thanks to anyone who has the answers.

LGSFLIER
12-14-2004, 10:16 PM
Just bought PF and think it is terrific. I have 2 questions. The first is how do I change the speed and altitude readouts from Metric to Imperial. The second is how do you adjust your view height in the cockpit, this is mentioned in the readme file with no real explanation. My thanks to anyone who has the answers.

3.JG51_BigBear
12-14-2004, 11:22 PM
You will need to set up keys for a couple things. I honestly haven't done the first one yet, my mind is stuck in the metric system after playing this game for three years but as I understand it you just need to set a key for it in the controls menu.

For the seat height you will need to set a key to open and close the canopy and another to raise and lower the seat. While in the cockpit hit Shift+F1 to get out of the gunsight view, then open the canopy, then lift the seat. Only works on some planes. I found that after a while I didn't even need it and it looks kinda fugly.

While you're setting up controls you'll want to set some up for the tail hook, the chocks, and the raising and lowering the gear manually (really important now that hydraulics are getting shot out more often). You may also want to set up keys for the cockpit lights, landing lights, and navigation lights. You'll find you need to set others but you'll figure em out when you get there.