PDA

View Full Version : continuing a campaign after reinstall

robotech
04-26-2005, 08:00 PM
What are the steps to continue playing a campaign from where you left off? I saved the "dgen_1_wakedoe0" folder that was found in the missions->campaign->IN folder before i uninstalled the game. The folder mentioned is the only thing that I saved other than settings.ini. I pasted "dgen_1_wakedoe0" folder back into the IN campaign folder but this career does not appear inside the campaign listings. Is there something that I missed when I saved my files before the reinstall? Or are there more steps that need to be done(such as reboot cmput) before I can continue playing my campaign from where I left off. Or am I screwed and have to start all over again?

vocatx
04-26-2005, 08:39 PM
I did the same thing when I installed PF, and my campaign won't work either. 46 missions in the Finland campaign! Now I have to start over with the Gladiator again.

Maybe somebody else can tell you different, but I'd say, we're both screwed. Starting over from mission number one......

Atomic_Marten
04-26-2005, 08:44 PM
You should save the folder that you have already saved, but "users" folder under main IL-2 folder too. Then copy paste those two. Without that it won't work.

Sorry guys..

bigchump
04-26-2005, 09:10 PM
Unfortunately, your pilot files are in the "User" folder.

The best advice on a re-install is to put it in another folder so you still have all your files intact in the original installation, or burn a CD with all your files on it beforehand.

Maybe a sticky with what to save before a re-install would be a good idea? Mods?