PDA

View Full Version : HE111 Bombing Tut & 3.03

Conafam
01-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Hi people,

Could you all check soemthing for me? I have just installed FB+AEP+PF on a merged install and updated to v3.03. I am new to IL2 so I decided to go through the training tracks.

Om the He111 bombing training mission I notice that the bombsight doesn't actually sit directly on the target when the bombsa drop, in fact it' seems WAY off.

Just to check that I'm not going mad, could some of you go through this tut just to confirm?

I know FM changes have been made in 3.03 so maybe this is affecting (effecting?) the targeting? If so we could maybe let Oleg know.

Cheers guys

Conafam
01-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Hi people,

Could you all check soemthing for me? I have just installed FB+AEP+PF on a merged install and updated to v3.03. I am new to IL2 so I decided to go through the training tracks.

Om the He111 bombing training mission I notice that the bombsight doesn't actually sit directly on the target when the bombsa drop, in fact it' seems WAY off.

Just to check that I'm not going mad, could some of you go through this tut just to confirm?

I know FM changes have been made in 3.03 so maybe this is affecting (effecting?) the targeting? If so we could maybe let Oleg know.

Cheers guys

Conafam
01-01-2005, 01:12 PM
anyone?

Billy_BigBoy
01-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Billy BigBoy here...

Just ran the tutorial you've mentioned.
I'm not that into heavy bombing, but what I can recall from this track from the pre-3.03-patch is that the aiming is way off and also the damage done by the bombs is a lot less (no wonder with that kind of aiming).

_VR_ScorpionWorm
01-01-2005, 04:02 PM
This track was made in V. 1.0, I dont know when it went screwy but it never looked like that. Since there has been a new transition of tracks: .trks to .ntrks, old files will look messed up like that.

CD_Turbo
01-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Hello!

I'm an experienced he-111 bomber.

It's pretty simple really!

First trimyour plane to flyslightly upwards.
Press you level flight button to fly straight and level.

set up your sight height and speed that matches your airplanes.

Move the sight facing it forward so you see whats coming towards you.

I bet ur thinking "hey u cant manouver the plane when its leveled with the level button"

heres the trick:
To adjust your bombing aim sideways , release your level flight mode and make small adjustments and press level flight again.
Keep doing that until your sight is on the target.

Now the bombing part.
When you have locked the bomb sight on automode it will follow the target and release the bombs automatically.
sometimes the locked sight will move slightly forward or backward. you need to adjust your sight speed while its tracking so it stays completely on the target.

You always aim your sight infront of your target! if you have lotsa bombs aim it well above 50m ,, the bombs will be rippled over the target.

Precision bombing isnt the heinkels game at high altitude so bridges will always be difficult to bomb, but hey they use laserguided bombs nowadays

CD_Turbo

_VR_ScorpionWorm
01-02-2005, 12:28 AM
"heres the trick:
To adjust your bombing aim sideways , release your level flight mode and make small adjustments and press level flight again.
Keep doing that until your sight is on the target."

Two words for ya bud: Rudder Trim

While it is used for trim, it can be alot more affective then turning on and off your level stabilizer. Just make sure your heading in the general direction of the target, set your level flight, then use rudder trim to move your plane's heading till you are flying right at it.

Example, I will be flying at my target, its a little off so I use my rudder trim key to yaw my bomber to line up(lets say it takes 5 clicks to get it to move over) then as I get closer inline, I trim back to neutral. Viola, bomber is now on straight path to target without ever turning off level stabilizer and risking the sight turning off. Works alot faster IMHO, you dont loose height or speed.

WWSensei
01-02-2005, 08:25 AM
http://www.wingwalkers.org/sensei/He111_Operations_Guide.pdf