PDA

View Full Version : offering free-source models for whatever u need.

darkpresence
10-09-2005, 01:35 AM
http://www.galekus.com is a new indi game/media development website which caters to those who need models done. We cover a wide area, from coding tutorials, web design, and more. But in this case we do free-resource models, and textures. I have heard from a friend who avidly plays this game and FB that there is a lack of ships, and as I spoke to him of what we offer, he asked if I could let you guys know what we offer. We are new so we have growing pains so to speak mainly with hosting as we are finding a hosting company that can handle our website(should be back on soon). So If wish visit the website once it comes back up(down due to some server issues) and look into it and see what you think. I am currently doing a M1A1 abrams as well as several other current military vehicles e.g stryker, 105 mm artillery, etc all will be caterogized obviously basedon the type of models you want. these will be done professionally and well designed as well as accurate and of course freely available for download. so send your requests that you wish to have made. let us know we will be happy to help you with anything you need. thank you very much for your time and hope to see you there. I am sgtkoolaid on the website.

LEBillfish
10-09-2005, 01:45 AM
You really need to contact 1C directly if you're wanting to do business with them.....Posting here would be like writing your resume on the bathroom wall........No insult intended.....Look in Olegs Ready Room for the address.

Dew-Claw
10-09-2005, 01:51 AM
dead link anyway

darkpresence
10-09-2005, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by darkpresence:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dew-Claw:
dead link anyway

as i stated its down currently(maybe i was a bit hasty in submitting a post so i apologize for that). but im not trying to start a business with 1C heheh not to mention no profit to be had. but you definitely got a point. just helping out the community nothing more. up to you how you interpret it. not starting a business we are just gamers offering help to other gamers. nothing more nothing less. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TheGozr
10-09-2005, 02:35 AM
Help is always good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tully__
10-09-2005, 05:16 AM
The point of contacting the developers is that this game is not open to community mods. Models have to be submitted to the developers for approval and inclusion regardless of whether they are free or the developer has commisioned them.

Further, the models must be made with a particular version of a professional standard 3d modelling software and will not be accepted unless 1C is satisfied that the modellor is licensed for that software.

darkpresence
10-09-2005, 07:09 AM
ahhh, that kinda sucks wasnt aware that this game was not open to community mods. funny that u post this because is i just spoke to a friend he said the same thing. I feel kinda silly if a bit disappointed. I would of loved to do some models for this game if the avialiblity was needed. As far as the program licensing I have that thankfully so at least 1 part im squared away on. oh well so much for that idea hehehe. would of been a fun ride.

Dew-Claw
10-09-2005, 08:49 AM
Try these guys.
This "game" is open to any and all user made modules and models.
They even include a programmers guide with the software.

Theres no money in it, but I'm sure it will get your name out there.

Orbiter Spaceflight Simulator (http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html)

Anyone wants a challenge try this.
Someone here pointed me thier way and I'm loving it.
There is real satisfaction in getting into a stable orbit, then syncing orbits with the Space station, refueling and figuring a trajectory to Mars and actually hitting your orbit.
You use all the Computers and real world physics to accomplish this.
The 3d graphics are pretty good, but some of the cockpit artwork could be better.

Can't tell you how many times I became the Next Will Robinson.
(Danger! Danger!)
Lost in Space