PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo spreads?

Cpt_Walrus
07-12-2005, 03:41 AM
What degrees of spread do you guys normally use when firing torpedos in salvo?

WihelmSchulz-
07-12-2005, 04:44 AM
I leave it where it is.

AVGWarhawk
07-12-2005, 10:21 AM
It depends on how close you are. I keep the tight so they normally hit at same time in same area. If I'm going after a convoy I make spread wide so I can hit more then one ship.

cueceleches
07-12-2005, 10:26 AM
It really depends on a range of factors: distance to target, target size, AOB, etc...
On the other side, it also depends if you are aiming the salvo to one single target or more...I usually set up salvo shots at large ships like C3s, T3s, Victory, etc...Usually a salvo of 2 eels, magnetic trigger, depth 1 meters under the keel and spread angle from 0º to 1º for the largest ships like passenger liner...Of course, the AOB should be as close to 90º as possible in order to get the eels right whewre you want, otherwise the second one will miss for sure...
This method has been working for me 100% of the time...

Some people will say it is a waste of tropedoes, but since I like realism, I trade ammo for realism. For in every book I´ve read about U-boats, salvos were the rule except for quite small targets. The point was to ensure at least one hit, and firing two fishes doubled the chances.

AVGWarhawk
07-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Unless the boat is in a dock or dead in the water, I use two torps. I'm at 100% realism so my shots do not alway hit dead center of ship. Two torps allows more better chance of hitting the ship.

Cpt_Walrus
07-12-2005, 01:07 PM
I stalked a C2 Cargo today and while submerged
waited for him to get to about 600m from me and then I sent a salvo of 2 torpedos at impact setting to run at a depth of 2m his way..I set the spread to 2 degrees..both torpedos hit ..one in front part of the ship the other at the back-end..the C2 broke apart and sunk to the bottom..man,I love this game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif