PDA

View Full Version : ANNOUNCEMENT:IL2Missions.com Supports Oleg Maddox

VMF513_Viper
10-15-2004, 04:05 PM
Atention everyone,

Il2missions.com whole heartedly supports Oleg Maddox and his group for a fine product. I am going to state this quite clear to those that post missions and tutorials on IL2missions.com.

Since the PF has been leaked, I am going to stem the tide of the types of missions That IL2Missions.com hosts. Until the official release of Pacific Fighters, There will be no Missions or tutorials allowed on this site at all no questions asked for PF. If I find that you are posting missions for PF before the official release your ip, user name and missions will be permanently banned fro the site.

This stance has been an effort to stem the widely distribution of PF before the release and we are doing our part to assist in controlling Oleg Maddox's efforts to give us a better and more robust product.

Beware of what you post as well because I WILL be watching as well as support Ivan's actions on banning members.

Viper

VMF513_Viper
10-15-2004, 04:05 PM
Atention everyone,

Il2missions.com whole heartedly supports Oleg Maddox and his group for a fine product. I am going to state this quite clear to those that post missions and tutorials on IL2missions.com.

Since the PF has been leaked, I am going to stem the tide of the types of missions That IL2Missions.com hosts. Until the official release of Pacific Fighters, There will be no Missions or tutorials allowed on this site at all no questions asked for PF. If I find that you are posting missions for PF before the official release your ip, user name and missions will be permanently banned fro the site.

This stance has been an effort to stem the widely distribution of PF before the release and we are doing our part to assist in controlling Oleg Maddox's efforts to give us a better and more robust product.

Beware of what you post as well because I WILL be watching as well as support Ivan's actions on banning members.

Viper

clint-ruin
10-15-2004, 04:31 PM
I spent half of this early morning taking down peoples eggdrops who were serving PF. I think due to the serious of the situation ["no more sims or addons, sorry!"] it's important for as many Il2 related sites and people to try to increase sales, or stop lost sales as much they can.

Good to hear.

9th_Bloodfist
10-15-2004, 04:47 PM
I also have laid the law down on my website, anyone who post with content concerneing the "leaked" version of Pacific Fighters will be banned from our site permantley. All the members of our squad have allready pre-ordered the game, and we don't mind the wait. If anyone tries to post something I will let the you know on these forums!

heywooood
10-15-2004, 06:31 PM
Let me say that I applaud these efforts absolutely.

The best way to get at these types is to expose them if possible - individuals of this type hate to be seen in the light. The next best thing is to prevent them from using their stolen property as much as possible.

I only wish I ran a server or site that I could ban them from.

CoolHand20th
10-15-2004, 07:29 PM
i pre-paid for mine two months ago as did everyone in our squad..and i would rather wait then take away from Oleg...the product that he puts out is well worth the wait

LuckyBoy1
10-15-2004, 07:40 PM
I think when I get my copy of the game, I'll make a copy of the reciept, put Luckyboy on it and mail it to 1C. I want them to know that when they see my posts, that there is more than hot air behind what I say! I'd mail it to UBI, but I think they are beyond caring. anyone know the address in Russia for 1C games?

Invader88
10-16-2004, 11:15 AM
well done folks, give it to 'em!
>> ["no more sims or addons, sorry!"] <<
clint-ruin, who said this? oleg?anyone of his team?
****, does that mean no BoB because of those little *******?!

clint-ruin
10-16-2004, 11:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Invader88:
well done folks, give it to 'em!
&gt;&gt; ["no more sims or addons, sorry!"] &lt;&lt;
clint-ruin, who said this? oleg?anyone of his team?
****, does that mean no BoB because of those little *******?! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can read about it in the stickied topic on all the main Il2 forums:

Oleg posted in Sukhoi.ru forum in this thread:
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=28761&page=1&pp=25

Oleg is very concerned with illegal distribution of PF over the Internet.
I will compile in one post what Oleg said in his answers in that thread.

----------------------------------
In the first year of the original IL-2 run %20 of the users were using pirated copy of the game. Mostly in China and Russia. Percentage of illegal users on the West was negligible. Profit was enough to justify frequent free add-ons and even development of FB.

But now (with FB+AEP) about %60 of users worldwide are using pirated version of the game.

Oleg€s company is on the edge. At the moment development expenses exceed profit. Profit from FB + AEP (especially) is less then from original IL-2. Profit does not even cover salaries of the developers.

Hope is that PF is going to change it, but it is only hope.

If piracy continues with PF €" don€t wait for "the future project" (BoB).

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310365&m=1371060032

Invader88
10-16-2004, 11:40 AM
would be a shame if oleg and team had to give up working on PF and BoB because of piracy
would make me really angry and sad-such a talented crew kicked in the...

PriK
10-16-2004, 11:16 PM
Buy a copy for yourself and another for a friend for Christmas.

LeadSpitter_
10-17-2004, 02:28 PM
lolhttp://www.hereinreality.com/funnystuff/otherstuff/brownnose.jpg

clint-ruin
10-17-2004, 03:56 PM
So that's your take on this Leadspitter? I'll raise you a LOL LOL ROFL LOL on your lol, and please - let us all know if you've made anything worth stealing.

DuxCorvan
10-17-2004, 04:10 PM
lol? Is that Ed Sullivan? What happens? Lead, Clint... I'm lost. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

clint-ruin
10-17-2004, 04:27 PM
http://www.hereinreality.com/funnystuff/otherstuff/brownnose.jpg

From the way "ed sullivans" nose is brown, and the fact that the picture is called "brownnose.jpg", I somehow got the impression that Leadspitter thought this topic was .. .. .. brown nosing.

So that's why I've got to ask - Leadspitter, have you ever made anything that was even worth stealing? I think we just got the a-ok from Lead himself to download, modify, and re-upload his skins to il2skins.com - hell, if you say otherwise, you've got to be a brown noser.