PDA

View Full Version : The templars want to prohibit “negative” computergames

trueflyingsheep
04-27-2011, 11:44 AM
an article (http://www.golem.de/1104/83046.html) (german) about the law the order of the templars wants to establish in germany.

the law would forbid games with “negative” content and reward those with “positive” content.

the information warfare foreshadowed in the assassin’s creed series has begun!

if i wouldn’t live in germany, i’d lmao.

reini03
04-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Hahaha, the people are getting weirder and weirder. Seriously! It's like "oh what da **** u iz playing war games so u iz goin' mad!!!" Uhhh what? I'm playing games for fun. I'm not gonna bomb people IRL because I think it was awesome in the game.
And now that! I really had to laugh while reading the article.
Okay, wait - that's only about Germany, isn't it? One single question: WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING THE WHOLE DAY?
USK - german age rating for video games. Guess what.
Call of Duty: Black Ops - censore. Zombie mode: no hands flying around (you can cut off the hands or whatever from zombies).
Bulletstorm - most epic censore I've ever heard of. No blood, again no cutting off of heads, hands or feet. Several skillshots deleted or renamed. Called the "Kiddy Edition". AND still 18+ rating. Seriously? Took the game's sense.
Now this. Okay? YOU ******** WANT TO FORBID GAMES THAT DO SHOW CONTENT THAT IS DIFFERENT TO HOW IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED? THOSE GUYS OVER THERE DO NOT WANT THEIR ****** ORDER (okay... IRL, I have nothing against the templars. Maybe a few assassination thoughts, but nothing else.) TO BE IMPLEMENTED IN A GAME THAT DOES NOT SHOW THE ACTUAL HISTORIC CONTENT? Oh. Okay. Now once again. GAMES are there for ENTERTAINMENT. No gamer is like "oh in real life it wasn't like that!!!! dis game is ********!!!!" - seriously not. *censored* politicians...

Sorry, but this makes me rage. Even though I don't live in Germany. How can people be just as stupid as this? Let's expect what comes in the future - in Germany.
-only games that show exact historical data.
-no guns or any violence.
-no blood.
-remaining games (no guns, violence, blahblah): 18+ rating.

I'm REALLY glad that we have the PEGI rating and no stupid Templar Order in Austria. Really...

The auto-censor exists for a reason. In future don't try to bypass it.